"You can eat whaver you want, as long as you eat at a deficit" is true, but it's garbage advice.

Options

Replies

• crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    PIZZA FRIDAYS BABY!

down just shy of 60 pounds and still losing. I enjoy a couple slices every Friday without fail and it hasn't stopped me. and for the record I'm not one of those who forgot what its like to be fat cause I still am, but I am one of those that realized that this if for life and not temporary and life has room for pizza, burgers, ice cream etc.

I totally chowed down on some pizza last night. I have learned that eating a plate of salad before my pizza helps me control how much pizza I eat. My pizza place has an AMAZING spinach salad that I seriously crave (their white balsamic dressing is to die for), so I get a 2 for 1 deal on favorite foods on pizza nights :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There are widespread misconceptions out there that healthy food is not fun, that it's bland, boring, tastes terrible, and is expensive. It has taken some trial and error, but I have finally gotten to the point where I'm staying within calorie and financial budgets, losing weight, and loving my food and exercise on a Mediterranean/whole foods plan with lots of moving my body. A tray of really beautiful cupcakes were presented to me. I felt bad that had upset the person who wanted me to eat one, but I did not feel I had missed out. I'm tired of feeling tired and heavy. Chili cheese fries? No thanks. I'm really in the mood for hummus and veggies.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    A life without Dairy Queen is not a life I am willing to live. I can lose/maintain weight and still have my fast food DQ once a week. We also always have dessert on Friday night after the end of a long hard week. Depriving yourself will be your undoing at some point. The lesson is to learn how to incorporate these things into your life and not consistently deprive yourself. Deprivation will eventually lead to a binge and derail you hard.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    A life without Dairy Queen is not a life I am willing to live.

I've had to just get a small sundae. Have you seen the calories for a peanut buster parfait?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Agree with this. I was using portion control, but losing nothing. Went low carb, weight came off. But that's just ME. Some benefit from lowering carbs, others don't. Basically got to find what works for your unique situation.
This discussion has been closed.