40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Food prep, laundry and PS4 today. All at the same time! Got past where I was stuck last week!!!!
    utfvq56mcoi1.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT CARDIO"=Done! 19:25! then the wall hit me!! bunch of breaks for that last 10.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids, hope all of you had a good weekend. Djproulx, how did you make out Sunday? Can't wait for details. Gan3rguy, you needed breaks, I had to read that twice to make sure my older eyes were not crossed. Elizabeepes, how did you do on your run? Oh I love when any of you send pictures of animals. Makes my day. I am still sore from the hike and adding ten more pounds to the weights today was murder. I will certainly take MTR class later. Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT POWER"=Done! 12:24! that one's ROUGH!!!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    gqhcfc40bedk.jpg
    Great result and a bonus pug!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Finally back home after 2 weeks away. Snowstorm last week cancelled my return flights, so I finally went right from Florida to the Shamrock Marathon in Va this past weekend. The race was run in rain, sleet and gale force winds, so less than half of the 2600 registered runners finished the marathon. My first half of the race went according to plan at 2:04, but ITB and hamstring pain forced me to slow to almost a walking pace, including a stop for ibuprofen at mile 15. I ended up trudging to the finish line in just over 5 hours.

This week is all about recovery, and regaining my focus on nutrition.

Have a great day.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx -- It's like the weather was determined to keep you from finishing. But it failed! I'm completely impressed at your grit and determination. Smooth sailing and a great finish time would have been awesome, of course, but you can still be proud of your result. And what a story! :)
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I am new around here. I am 45 and a mother of 4 great kids all but one grown or in college. I am on a fitness and diet journey to lose 50lbs. I am finding that it is much harder to lose weight in my 40's. I am counting my calories using the MFP app. I am walking 2 miles most days on lunch and doing 9Round which is a 30 minute kickboxing gym three days per week. The current carrot is a trip to Hawaii May 27th to attend a friends wedding. Looking for ideas and inspiration to keep going and get better.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are at the right place
  • LeoT0917
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm a 59 year old man. I've lost 39.2 pounds in the last 11 weeks.

Welcome! Great job on the weight loss.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2 days in of four skiing at Panorama. Lots of ice especially down low but still some decent powder in Taynton bowl. Sore but having fun
  • Djproulx
    Options
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    2 days in of four skiing at Panorama. Lots of ice especially down low but still some decent powder in Taynton bowl. Sore but having fun

@ Tojo_73 Sounds like great Spring skiing!
    I'd like to join. I'm a 59 year old man. I've lost 39.2 pounds in the last 11 weeks.

@Wayne_Atchley Wow, that's a terrific weight loss in a very short time! Welcome to the group.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    orionaimee wrote: »
    I am walking 2 miles most days on lunch and doing 9Round which is a 30 minute kickboxing gym three days per week.

@orionaimee I visited a 9Round booth this weekend at a Fitness expo. It looks like a great workout. Kick boxing and hitting the heavy bag is HARD work and will certainly develop muscle tone!

• LeoT0917
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 23:37!

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing Max 30. Is this the first time you've done this workout series? Can you let us know how you like the program and maybe what you don't like, if anything?

I'm very interested in your feedback.
  • LeoT0917
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT CARDIO"=Done! 19:25! then the wall hit me!! bunch of breaks for that last 10.

Way to hang in there!
  • brandy37bw
    brandy37bw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im 39 will be 40 in September my i join?
  • FITBIT35
    FITBIT35 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No is your answer
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY MAX:30 MAX OUT SWEAT"=Done! 19:37!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Friday Fight: Round 1"=Done! 23:37!

Very nice! I've been thinking about doing Max 30. Is this the first time you've done this workout series? Can you let us know how you like the program and maybe what you don't like, if anything?

I'm very interested in your feedback.
    let me get back to you Friday. this is my fist time through and first week of month 2. haven't tried "MAX STRENGTH" or "Friday Fight: Round 2" yet.