WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    The sandbox is about 12x6. 250 lbs of sand.

I didn't catch why you did this. Just to have a day at the beach? Looks likje fun.
    How long will it stay up in your house?

• miakoda40
    Options
    Heather - What is a 5:2 diet?
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Thursday's Progress (3/23)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B9, D87, BBS68= 165g)
    2. Fiber 30g (12g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, ✔Utility Drawer, Utility Closet

Didn't plan well on Thursday and had a late night binge.
    Today was better than yesterday.

I hope you all had a great day!
    --Ginger in Texas
  • miakoda40
    Options
    Chris in MA - what an up and down time you've had lately!

So sorry for the loss of your dog.

Congrats on being the lowest weight in 25 years.

Mia in MI
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    First paragraph was a little after I found out the 'diagnosis' that I was going through was that I am "Bipolar". The following paragraphs were written after a long time of getting the 'proper' type of help and getting my medication cocktail 'tweaked' so that I stopped swinging to the manic side and slamming down on what felt like a frozen pond. I've only once or twice, broken through that frozen pond and felt the awful feeling of depression. The last paragraph is how I feel when I 'feel good about myself'. I have this poem hanging in my computer room; and, I know I have come so much further since 1997. I've had my moments; there have been times I have had to be admitted into the hospital; usually when my medications are not working for me. I do NOT do well when I am physically ill or if someone has really upset me or made me mad.

I've had some AWFUL psychiatrists. The worst was one that sent me to a State-run facility (for criminals) after telling me 'she'd fix me'. All I had done was 'ask her to at least turn around and look at me when I was talking to her'. She made me MAD after being in that facility and getting 'assaulted' on several occasions. I liked the MD I had down there and when he told me I should have NEVER been transferred there ... he also gave me the address of the State Composite Board of Medical Examiner; and, while this woman apparently 'thought' I was 'stupid' (since her attitude was that 'anybody' with a 'mental disorder' had to be) ... I showed her. "I don't get mad; I GET EVEN!" I reported her; my former boss had read over my complaint (of 2 1/2 months of a revolving door in-and-out 10-day hospitalizations with less than 5 days between them. There was no way to get better with that sort of treatment.

When her contract with the hospital ran out; they did NOT renew it and she does not have 'hospital privileges'. I won't go to a psychiatrist that doesn't have 'hospital privileges' ... that isn't what will help you. She has bounced around in different towns and different practices. I got as far as the 'Investigative Board' (which my former boss had told me they probably would not do anything about her, not even a slap on the wrist). They told me that since my complaint had gotten that far, the complaint would forever stay in her records. She will NEVER do to another person, what she did to me - or she'll risk having her license revoked or on probation at the least. But, they did!

I now travel 2 hours to see a psychiatrist 4x a year; because he isn't associated with this particular hospital. He is also a professor at the Medical Center there. I absolutely 'love' and 'trust' him. I not only have his office and answering service numbers; I also have his cell phone # in case of an emergency.

I can also get together with several of my former HS classmates and have lunch with them. I really look forward to this little treat. MDs are NOT gods; but, unfortunately some think they are "GOD" ... Some that I have been 'assigned' to while in the hospital have been 'horrific' beyond imagination.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Marni in AK: It is good to see you! Enjoy your sunshine. We have DEEP water and rain at the moment. Luckily the river is still within its banks and many feet below my house. :smiley:

Chris in MA: I am also sorry about the loss of your son & daughter in law's dog. Our dogs add so much love & companionship to our lives. It is good to know that you still have Jake to brighten your lives. :heart:

Lanette: I was in Junior High when JFK was assassinated. They sent us all home on foot. No busses or anything. They did the same thing when we had a horrific windstorm. In my teaching days, that wouldn't have happened. :noway: In an emergency, we took care of the kids until someone came for them. The explosion of the Challenger was the event that stood out most while I was teaching. We had the kids watching the space shuttle return on live TV. That was a tough one. We stayed with them until a parent picked them up. There didn't seem to be serious trouble in the days that followed. I'm not on facebook very much anymore. I stop by facebook occasionally to see how my friends are doing. Not as often as I stop by here, by a long way. :wink:

Denise: Welcome! :smiley:

Becca: You & DH look great together on your date. :bigsmile:

Gloria: I love the little sleeping angels. :heart:

DH just took the last eye-drop following surgery. He has an appointment for getting new glasses in a couple of weeks. Yay! I am looking forward to a riding lesson tomorrow and a good night's sleep tonight.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Becca - Lovely picture of you and your DH.

Had a strange experience today. Was in a meeting of one of the volunteer boards I sit on. A woman came in that I had never met before. I rose and extended my hand in greeting, giving her my name. She pulled back, saying she had just washed her hands and doesn't do hand shakes. Didn't know quite how to respond, so I just sat back down. After thinking about it though, I had to snicker - she open the door and shut it after entering the room and I expect there were just as many germs on the door handle as on my hands. Oh well, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Hugs to everyone.
    Paula Y.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Heather great picture with your brother.

Chris sorry for the loss of your dog. I just saw Jackie too and wish it had been more about her outside of the assassination. I found it difficult to watch. It did make me think of the traumas in my life. I sure would not have wanted to be in the public eye when I went through my difficult stretches.

:heart: Margaret
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Damn - Just lost my post! The times I have been coming out of an 'episode' ... I do not want to be around anybody. Just really upsets me when DDnL#1 treats me as if I am 'dangerous'. She can be very condescending with her remarks, too. One other thing that will make you lose you post, is ... when you drop your stupid mouse. I have a wireless one, and it just 'jumps' off the arm of my chair.

Not long ago, she came over (again to 'clear the air' of 17 years of resentment) ... Louis was home, so I let him do 'all the talking'. However, she 'did' admit that it was 'wrong of her to compare herself to DDnL#2'.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    o:)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hugs! My dear sweet, wonderful Lenora!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Becca - you and that dude look great together. Where did he get the double breasted suit? Vince was looking for one and couldn't find one.

Lenora - beautiful poem. Trusting your MD is very important

Can't sleep right now. Probably because I had some of the chocolate from this dessert I made for Vince to have in the freezer for whenever I get home.

Michele in NC
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Beth near Buffalo.
    Carol, Lenora and Michele I added you onto Facebook! If any of you want to add Mr, please tell me the name to look out for or I might just delete the friends request. My name is Becca Gossett and I have strawberries three huge ones in my hand as a profile pic.

Hugs my sweet ladies!
    Becca
    Oregon

Becca, Love - for you, I might actually open a Facebook account... LOL. Of course, I get to keep up with you here, so, I probably won't. :D

Sorry your Sis is such a pill.

xo

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Paula Y - LOVE the new profile pic! Darling, you look MAHVELOUS!
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Denise - Welcome!

You will find that there are all sorts of ladies, here - on all sorts of journeys.

I, for one, have been fat for my entire life - and at 205 - I am down to the weight I was in my first year of college.

Some of us are bookish - some of us are athletic - some of us are artists - some of us are dancers... We really do have it all, here. We get along like old friends, because we try to keep our minds and our hearts open - and we do our best to keep our input Loving.

Here we acknowledge, daily, that there IS more to life than just losing weight... we celebrate the whole thing... ups, downs and the all arounds.

Welcome and enjoy your journey, with us.

Hugs,

Re in TX
  • IremiaRe
    Options
    Good Morning, Girls...

It's two am - about the time I usually fall into bed - but, I wanted to check in with you.

I had a mini NSV tonight...

I did my usual Friday thing. Jammie Day - and got ready to go to the gym and then out for Tacos.

DH tried to welch on going to the gym - but, I guilted him into going by telling him that I needed 15 minutes on the elliptical... He didn't have to exercise - but I was going to.

At that point, he grumbled and said he would give me 30 minutes - and he did his time on the bike.... But - that's not even the NSV...

He was anxious to go eat, you see... as was I. I LOVE my tacos... Barbacoa beef, Green Chili Pork... guacamole - it was awesome. And because I had gotten in my time on the elliptical - I even had room in my calories for two of my little chocolate sticks. (an Aldi product - tiny individually wrapped finger sized chocolate bars with hazelnuts - 105 calories each.) I logged two of them, thinking surely I would reach down and grab them, in a few minutes...

But, I got distracted and forgot to eat them!! (Yes, Ladies, forgetting to eat chocolate is a VICTORY!!)

So... I got to leave some calories on the table - as I won't eat the chocolate right before I drop off to sleep - and I didn't eat them, just because I could.

So, now... I go to sleep the sleep of the pure at heart... and dream the dreams of the virtuous.

Goodnight, Dear Ones..

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Yay Re!!!