New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    s2496rb4wffq.jpg

Trying this tonight and I'm pretty stoked -- I looooooove stroganoff and this one looks like it'll come out delicious!
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Picked these up last week at Trader Joe's. Going French. So chewy. Love chewy sweet foods. I ate the whole package. Lol smh
    j4txb2d1zn8w.jpg

Oooooh I'm super curious about these. Are they like a sponge cake/pound cake or more of a pudding or custard cake? I might have to swing by tjs soon!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    @Kimblesnbits13 more of a custard cake. Chewy custard. Its basically custard baked. They are awesome and irresistible.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    @Kimblesnbits13 more of a custard cake. Chewy custard. Its basically custard baked. They are awesome and irresistible.

And how many calories, she was afraid to ask.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    glassyo wrote: »

I think it's 160 for 1 lol i looked on the data base here
  • glassyo

LOL I would have looked it up but I'm sneaking on while a client is waiting for my boss and all the huge, pretty pictures! :)
  • mattyc772014

LOL I would have looked it up but I'm sneaking on while a client is waiting for my boss and all the huge, pretty pictures! :)

Yeah they are 120 calories for one. Total 480 for the box.
  • glassyo

That's...kind of doable.
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    480 for a box is pretty agreeable.
  • Kimblesnbits13

BUT the real catch is how big is one of these little cakes...haha that can make or break it for me
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Hard to te

BUT the real catch is how big is one of these little cakes...haha that can make or break it for me

Hard to tell in pics...guess i'll have to find out on my own! lol
  • mattyc772014
    @Kimblesnbits13 I measured it for you. 2 inches long and 1 and 1/2 inches wide. Lol for me that's 2 bites. If they made them any longer it might tip over. Lol
  • Kimblesnbits13
    @Kimblesnbits13 I measured it for you. 2 inches long and 1 and 1/2 inches wide. Lol for me that's 2 bites. If they made them any longer it might tip over. Lol

Ughhh so definitely not a volume food! Thanks for measuring though will still get em since I can make it fit!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Picked these up last week at Trader Joe's. Going French. So chewy. Love chewy sweet foods. I ate the whole package. Lol smh
    j4txb2d1zn8w.jpg

That looks amazing!

We might be getting a Lidls store which is a German based store has anyone ever shopped at one of those? I've heard the store is similar to an Aldis. I don't want another Aldis I want a Trader Joes LOL!
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    j4txb2d1zn8w.jpg

That looks amazing!

We might be getting a Lidls store which is a German based store has anyone ever shopped at one of those? I've heard the store is similar to an Aldis. I don't want another Aldis I want a Trader Joes LOL!
    Honestly, I love Aldis just as much.

• glassyo

Oooooone more question. How rummy does it taste? This is coming from a non drinker.
  • mattyc772014
    @glassyo no rum. It's not like babka. Tastes like caramel vanilla butter custard.
  • glassyo
    @glassyo no rum. It's not like babka. Tastes like caramel vanilla butter custard.

It's in the ingredients list! But I'll probably still pick it up when I next do my Trader Joe's shopping whilst not at work with no place to place anything frozen. :)
  • mattyc772014
    @glassyo really? I couldn't taste any rum. Lol
  • glassyo
    @glassyo really? I couldn't taste any rum. Lol

LOL yeah. I was googling what it actually was that had me drooling and it said something about rum. I have a Trader Joe's like right next door to my office (dangerous!) so went to go check out the packaging and ingredients list but you never mentioned it. :p . It was 4 or 5 ingredients in but it was there. :)