Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,378 Member
    update - bowel movement and fully clothed with shoes - down .2 - Lana I hear your words I cannot base my success on one weigh in. Will get another sometime during the week. (I am sorry for too many details, but we cannot always time our weigh ins.....)
  • AHolder82
    AHolder82 Posts: 101 Member
    Omgosh. This is the group I need to be in. I get motivated for about 2 weeks, then I fall off the wagon again. Ugh! It's so frustrating and depressing!!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome @AHolder82! That's why we're all here...I keep telling myself, today is the day I move more... and, then I sit...I am doing ok with eating, I just need to get off my butt... this is a great place to be for encouragement and motivation! Stop by any time!

Sara- I do the same myself, sometimes. Unfortunately, my scale at home, doesn't show the in between numbers. So, if I don't go down a whole number, I don't see it. That can be very frustrating as well...

Lana - thinking of you this morning...

Annie - hope the day of training isn't too bad for you...

Trying to get myself up and cleaning... getting a very slow start.. but, I am trying...

Everyone have a good day...
    Check in later
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,955 Member

Hi Ladies~~
    Welcome to AHolder!

Checking in. Morning went well; now home, not doing much.

Sara - Look straight ahead; don't look back! Chip, chip, chip away!!!!

Lana

Today: 243.8
    ATHigh: 245.6
    Goal: 185
  • arniedog74
    Lana - glad morning went well... take it easy, today... good weight loss... have a good day
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Monday

Survived training new guy. There will be more to do but it was a good start.

Good day so far. Broke down and ate 1/2 a bagel with some cream cheese. Ignoring craving for dark chocolate mocha coffee and just chugging water. Breakfast was 2 eggs and 2 cups coffee with sugar-free cream. Lunch was kale/cabbage/brussel sprout salad with minimal dressing and a few ounces of chicken breast. Also had 1/2 c. chocolate pudding. Supper will be chicken and dumplings in crockpot. (I may just have an egg instead - will need to track before I eat supper.) Snacks were aforementioned 1/2 bagel and cucumber slices. You'd think if I kept this up I would lose weight!

Day 27 of no pop!!!

Please send good luck to DD and she tries again tonight to break her board. Will update later.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Quiche for dinner. Did okay with food and no red calories today! Walked one of my breaks and when my computer did not cooperate.

Dog is licking her bowl, you would think I am starving her. She just got a couple peanut butter/ banana treats that look like rubber cement and are easy for her to eat. Sweet potato chips? Jury is still out. Sweet potato from my plate? Another story entirely.

Chemotherapy hats made it successfully and the contact let me know, so more on tap.

Will curl up with dog for night under Lana's Palm tree. Hope you are doing well Lana.

Annie- sending board breaking thoughts.........
  • kdemaio11790
    kdemaio11790 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone. Serial starter, that is totally me.
    I've been on a diet for the past 30 years. What I really need, is someone to wire my mouth shut for me.
    But I haven't tried joining a community like this. So, maybe a little support and encouragement will help to keep my mind off of food.
    Anyone have any tricks, especially for after dinner?
    ~ Karen
  • arniedog74
    Welcome @kdemaio11790! You have come to the right place for support and encouragement... the ladies here always know just the right thing to say.. stop by any time...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2017
    Karen- welcome and stop by when you can. My favorite piece of advice I pass along from another Weight Watcher member - "close" the kitchen after dinner and dessert (if there is dessert). That means do not go in there for food until breakfast time.

Welcome as well to Aholder!

I knit, hard to knit and eat - so if you do any craft work or hobby - do it after dinner.

Hope that helps!

Already took a nap and we are in for the night. Wishing all a good evening.
  • ASalner
    Update: DD broke her board on the first try and earned her yellow belt! Very proud of her. We celebrated with small chocolate shakes from McDonald's. (so much for staying on track).
  • arniedog74
    Annie - Congrats to DD! Way to go! Small shake is better than a Large... tomorrow is a new day...proud Momma deserves to celebrate
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Moved board to read something and lost my first attempt.... Up early, but also went to bed early. Hot water bottle on middle of left shoulder blade, it is pinching a little.

I have a FB friend who posts shelter pictures and this morning I could not watch. Miss Tillie does not share her living space with other dogs.

Annie!!! Yipee and WOW! Good job for her. If you had a shake every day that might be a problem.

Walked more yesterday and will try and walk at least one of my breaks bad weather and illness stopped me. I did not take break at desks but I also did not walk my whole break time. Good weather and time to get outside.

Lana - hope your sessions are going well. Started a dark purple chemo therapy hat. Maybe a little too dark to knit at night, but oh well.

Waiting for oatmeal to heat up. Dog is waiting for me in dining room. Paper soon.

Wishing all a great day. Will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Toooooooosday!

Hello everybody + welcome to the new peeps!

What's for lunch?
    Multi grain bread with ricotta and cinnamon sugar, I think.

*tossing hat, bag, and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair. Where is Tillie? Not on her chair at the momment*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana- Cboy on the way to pick up Miss T so you can hang out with her today.
  • ASalner
    edited March 2017
    Tuesday

It's a beautiful 61 degrees and sunny here in Central MN. I ran home for lunch, ate my chicken breast and salad, and then took the dog for a 1/2 mile (10 min) walk before I had to come back to work. Hoping the weather stays like this and I can start adding some walking into my routine. Maybe then the number on the scale will go down. Thinking I may stop going home for lunch and instead bring lunch and head out for a walk directly from work. We have a pond and walking loop adjacent to parking lot. I could get in a good 30 minute walk that way and not have to try in the evenings. It would mean dog would have to stay locked up in kennel. And I could only do it until it started getting too hot outside. Decisions, decisions.

DH stopped this morning and got info about the walking track at the university. They charge by the semester and this semester ends 5/4/17, so would pay a full $65 fee for 1 month of the track (they do not pro-rate). Then would pay for summer. So, not sure yet what I want to do there.

Have not checked the scale since Thursday. Maybe tomorrow.

Lana - hope you are doing well.

Sara - congratulations on better WI on Monday.

Dawn - hang in there!

Welcome to new people!

Be back later!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Sara - even working in shelter, I can't look at all the sad posts on FB...I can't even watch ASPCA ads... too heartbreaking

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

No red calorie day, so will not break a trend. Long day at work.

My lunch? Pre-made chopped salad. Ice cream truck just rolled by, only in California - the maintenance men like to frequent the ice cream truck so that may be why..... Tomorrow is cafe with their Chinese Chicken Salad.

Putting tea kettle on for hot eye compresses and tea/ coffee to keep me from eating.

Lana - did Miss T behave herself today? She has been rather mischievous lately. I dropped a plate in the kitchen and it didnt shatter too badly, but a piece landed near my dog and I got this look like "what did I do?". Moral of the story, plates are not frisbees.....

Will curl up with dog soon. Still cold enough to enjoy blankets. Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    Lana - good to see you! Enjoy the lounge chair and frequent visits from Miss T!

Sara - I miss ice cream trucks! We don't have them in this part of Mo...

Annie - I'm hanging...gave letter to Board Member, today. I told her, I wasn't expecting anything to happen.... haven't heard anything from her... not sure what to think....I think you should enjoy outside walks while you can... pay to use track when it's too hot outside...I understand, not wanting to leave pup in kennel all day... mine aren't kenneled, but still feel bad they're stuck inside all day...

SO made chicken noodle soup...I added spinach and kale... wow was that filling!
    Lacking in my walking, lately... so much stress... so exhausted all the time...

Hope everyone has a great night!
  • LanaCabana537

" I dropped a plate in the kitchen and it didnt shatter too badly, but a piece landed near my dog and I got this look like "what did I do?". "--Sara

thank you for the good laughs!!! I can just picture her looking at you. I LOVE dogs!

Lana