Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @gullagr I am the same; pre-planning strictly what I had to eat only let me being hungry and thinking about food 24/7 ... now I keep heathy food at home and choose what I feel like eating at that moment within what's available then and my calories for the day. And no worries about that delicious food you had on the weekend ... you will burn it this week!

Not sure what happened before with the info below but didn't show on the previous posting.

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22): 208.3
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22)197.0

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 208.3
    March 1: 203.3
    March 8: 201.9
    March 15: 198.6
    March 22: 199.5
    March 29: 193.1
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -6.4
    Weight -/+ this month: -15.2
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx - Glad I'm not the only one! And whoa, you've crushed your goal! Great job :)
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I gained this week....working towards loss next week
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    WTH! Everytime I get close to the 280s, my wt springs back up! :rage: Wednesday, 3 days ago, I was 290.1; this morning I am 294.3! I am trying to stay happy that I am under 300 (as of the first of this year) but I didn't make that milestone just to get stuck again 10lbs later! I have been chasing the 280s for 2 months now! I am frustrated !

keep in mind, that the nasty scale does not know whether any added weight could be from water, poo, your monthly, bloating... it just says HEY, you "weigh" more! I hate scales. In addition to scales, measure yourself. You'll find that you can lose inches, without that darn thing budging. I barely pounds in a month, but you know what? I lost 8 inches!! So something was going on for sure! Taking pics is good too, but when you're as heavy as we are, it's hard to see where the inches come off from.. so measure!! I often get stuck between the first 13-15 pounds lost. It will stay that way for a while, then all the sudden start moving again. Give your body time to adjust. Just hang in there and wait! Keep working on it, do NOT give up. For me, I did notice that i wasn't eating all my calories and not eating back any of my exercise calories. That made a huge difference. My body thought it was starving. As soon as I got my calories back up where they needed to be, the weight started coming off again. Keep trying, hun. As long as you are trying, you CAN reach your goal. It's when you give up that you have no chance at the healthy you that you want to be.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Thanks @JeanieWww
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Name : Helene
    Height: 5 ft 4

Start weight (feb 22) : 294.8
    Goal weight (April 22) : 280 (maybe slightly ambitious but we will see)

Feb 22: 294.8
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8: 288.8
    March 15: 285.8
    March 22: 284.6
    March 29: 282
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    April 22:

Weight +/- this week: -2.6
    Weight +/- this month: -8.6

Overall things are better for me. My back got better without too much trouble. My sleep has slightly improved (with the help of over-the-counter medication). Weight loss is still going. My mood is.... Meh. I am not discouraged or not motivated anymore, just... weary I guess.

@gullagr Congrats on reaching Onederland. That must feel amazing!

@MermaidPrincessRach Don't get discouraged. It will happen eventually. Like Jeanie said focus on NSV for a while and at some point the numbers on the scale will follow.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    For the past two days I have been DASH OP all day until dinner. Then dinner isnt all bad, i have been losing wt, but it is not what I would call "in control" or DASH. Both nights I have had baked potatoes with butter and chocolate cake.
    Today I am down 1.5 from yesterday; 1.7 from the 280s. "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach - You can do it! Every little step counts and should be celebrated. After all, we are digging our way through a mountain just one spoonful at a time.

I've been on and off the wagon all the way since Dec, but for the past couple weeks I've been determined to get back in the swing of things. I wrote on my calendar "7 days of healthy eating" and I find that physically writing it down somewhere I will see it frequently really does help. I've been getting back in the habit of logging everything everyday and doing my best to eat foods I know will make me feel my best.

I did have one slip up though, when I started TOM a few days ago I was craving ice cream something fierce so I caved and bought some maple walnut frozen yogurt. O.M.G. did it hit the spot... well, a little too much, haha. I definitely overindulged on it but I'm reigning myself in now that the hormones aren't so crazy. It's not bad calorie-wise and sometimes it's nice to fit in a treat, plus I need to learn to deal with having treats around without binging.

I'm starting to feel anxious and stressed out now that my college prep course is coming to an end and some real courses will be starting soon for summer. I'm really interested in pursuing the bioinformatics program, which means I have a lot of schooling ahead of me... but instead of getting overwhelmed, I'm trying to take it one step at a time, just like with the weight loss. To begin, I need basic biology, chemistry, and calculus courses so I'm just trying to focus on that step for now. I have pretty bad social and general anxiety though, so getting through this seems incredibly tough some days. One step at a time...

Wishing you all the best! <3
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Name: Niki
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 242.5
    March 1: 242
    March 8: 242.3
    March 15: 238 (birthday week)
    March 22: 236.8
    March 29: 235.6
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ this month: -6.9

:D:p:*:#
    Next weigh in starts a new month ... So I ask you weight posters ... Do we start the month anew on our Weight -/+ this month ... or keep it rolling and perhaps changing that 'this month' to 'this challenge'?
    :o:p;)
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    Name: Jeanie
    Height:5'2"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 262.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 250

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 262.4
    March 1: 258.6
    March 8: 258.4
    March 15: 257.2
    March 22: 255.5
    March 29: 251.4
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22
  • christinenesbitt3
    christinenesbitt3 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2q720opew7w6.png
    Name: Christine
    Height:5'9"

Started on January 21, 2017 - weight 272.5
    Goal Weight - 172

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 257.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 237.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 257.4
    March 1: 256
    March 8: 251.2
    March 15: 248
    March 22: 244
    March 29:
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22
    001.PNG 808.3K
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    @Christinenesbitt3 You're looking so much healthier already!! awesome job!!
  • christinenesbitt3
    Options
    Thanks @JeanieWww
  • christinenesbitt3
    Options
    Adding this again, since it won't let me edit my original post. grrr

Name: Christine
    Height:5'9"

Started on January 21, 2017 - weight 272.5
    Goal Weight - 172

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 257.4
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 237.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 257.4
    March 1: 256
    March 8: 251.2
    March 15: 248
    March 22: 244
    March 29:243
    April 5:
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @christinenesbitt3 - you look FABULOUS!

@Nikion901 - I was wondering the same thing and I vote we change to "this challenge." Just my 2 cents. And - great going, Girl!
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 - I also vote we change to it being a total challenge change