Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Only went 5/9 today but it was good enough for 1st place in the 82.5 kg open class!
    303 lb squat/148 bench/341 deadlift 8ps9zp56anus.png

Nice job. Congratulations. I love the meet t-shirt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow TR0berts at the RPS New England Revolution!

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.

Quoting myself to say that I just looked at a revamped training schedule and Jersey looks much more doable now.

where in Jersey?
    lazy- I just googled.

damn- Supreme Warrior is a race horse.

And running USA is blocked.

It's at the Ramada Plaza in Newark, NJ on Sept 16-17.

awesome- cool! Thank you.

@TR0berts keep me posted.

Although that's my first year anniversary- I'm guessing I'll get the stank face for making other plans that weekend.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    PR from over weekend...

Top set Sumo Deads 1x14x385 (AMRAP)

Awesome! That work looks like it's paying off

• JoRocka
    Options
    The start of the final push to peak for worlds is going well. 105kg to a 2 board. Definitely a body weight pr and I believe a lifetime pr as well.

I love watching you work.
    #imtotallyanIGcreeper
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow TR0berts at the RPS New England Revolution!

Thanks. Worst meet I've done. Only my openers on squat and bench - technical issues that I probably wouldn't have made, had I been able to train properly that week my gym was closed (which I had an option, but balked at the cost, oh well) and 2/3 on deads for a 1075 total. I don't have the vid, but my 2nd dead was technically a PR at 460. The guy before me did some Tork, and I got a whiff while on deck and got really lightheaded after my pull - not sure if that was affecting me on my 485 3rd, or what. One of the guys I train with has the video, so I may put up the DL PR - just because it's a PR that moved fast - when I get it.

I'm sorry your meet didn't go as planned, but congrats on the DL PR! I believe your total is still way over the qualifying requirement for the RPS Supreme Iron Warrior World Championships meet in September.

Are you going to compete at the CT State Championship in June? A few guys at my gym already registered for it so they have been pressuring me everyday to sign up too.

No, I don't think my wife will let me spend the money on that one - too soon. I was thinking about the Supreme Warrior in New Jersey, but the Power Challenge in Brockton in October is probably more likely.

Quoting myself to say that I just looked at a revamped training schedule and Jersey looks much more doable now.

where in Jersey?
    lazy- I just googled.

damn- Supreme Warrior is a race horse.

And running USA is blocked.

It's at the Ramada Plaza in Newark, NJ on Sept 16-17.

awesome- cool! Thank you.

@TR0berts keep me posted.

Although that's my first year anniversary- I'm guessing I'll get the stank face for making other plans that weekend.

Will do. I could see, "yeah, I'm gonna go check out a guy I know online lift" potentially being an issue.

I think my wife is trying to get me to do the Ohio one, instead, so we can go visit friends. I figure we can go see them whenever and not feel icky about seeming like we're obligating them to come out to the meet.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    The start of the final push to peak for worlds is going well. 105kg to a 2 board. Definitely a body weight pr and I believe a lifetime pr as well.

I love watching you work.
    #imtotallyanIGcreeper

Blushing. Benching is fun work. I'm so not motivated for squats or deads right now.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    First day back benching. Little rusty, but everything felt good. Minus the saftey bars being set one hole too high. That got heavy real fast lol. 135x3, 185x1, 135x10. Warm up not filmed.

• BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Only went 5/9 today but it was good enough for 1st place in the 82.5 kg open class!
    303 lb squat/148 bench/341 deadlift 8ps9zp56anus.png

Awesome job! Gotta ask. Also, what is the out of 9 for?

You get 3 attempts each for squat/bench/deads, so 9 total attempts. (I missed 4/9 so I had 5/9 completed.)
    And the lights- 3 judges/3 lights. White light means good lift, red light means bad. You need at least two white lights for a good attempt.

Three judges, three lights. A white light indicates a good lift, a red light a failed lift.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    PR from over weekend...

Top set Sumo Deads 1x14x385 (AMRAP)

14?! Yea, 14... ridiculous. <3
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Do you guys normally have just one lift that seems to be clicking at a time? Every time my Deadlift starts to progress well and more rapidly, my other lifts start to feel like complete garbage... a la Squats & Bench.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you guys normally have just one lift that seems to be clicking at a time? Every time my Deadlift starts to progress well and more rapidly, my other lifts start to feel like complete garbage... a la Squats & Bench.

Yes. :'(

Usually deads. <3:)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Yep. The body seemed to be that way by stealing from one to help the other. Especially when life is stressful or cutting weight.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

Normally yes, although the other lifts typically just hold steady. Every once in a while there is a magical training cycle and everything moves up at the same time.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options

Definitely deads. Dips, pullups close behind. Everything else, garbage lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options

yeappers.
    Usually there is a big trade off on the progress I see on different lifts and how smooth they are feeling.
    I wouldn't say my others are COMPLETE garbage- but I spend time usually technically and mobility wise trying to improve one lift the others lag.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Normally yes, although the other lifts typically just hold steady. Every once in a while there is a magical training cycle and everything moves up at the same time.

Mine will remain steady weight/intensity wise, but it seems like technique kinda suffers. Kinda like i'll execute a particular lift very, remembering all cues.... and then the other lifts I won't cue everything properly so they're not as smooth, or more difficult than they should be.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Yes. And it can be quite frustrating at times. A few months back, my bench went up a bit, while my DL and squat creeped up just a little. Then, when trying to focus on squats, somehow my squats did nothing (maybe went down, even), my bench did nothing, but my deads went up.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Oya. I'm still fairly new to this but for about 3 months everything was moving nicely. Then this last 3 my bench started to fall off and stall then my dead slowed quite a bit, but my squat is moving almost too fast to keep up.