WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Iridotomy is done. Not feeling so pretty good today (as my Dad says). A little headache, ear pressure. Perhaps allergies... for the first time in 3 or 4 years. Didn't sleep well last night.
    Proud that I didn't stop and buy myself an ice cream treat or donuts. Decided a fresh veggie salad sounded better with a little ham. A cup of coffee with cream and Stevia. Then I think I'll take a little nap - to rest my eyes.

--Ginger in Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lisa such exciting news. Hooray for your next adventure <3

Heather as always I LOVED reading the vivid details of your day date. I close my eyes and am transported there. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure it was not easy for your oldest son to ask, very nice of you to help out. Both your sons will be sure they have a wonderful mom. <3

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,617 Member
    Options
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Star Trek First Contact Day!

Heather - I have seen a couple of episodes of Death in Paradise - thank you for reminding me! I need to add it to my Netflix list.

Katla - I'm afraid it's a challenge to find any real redeeming value in raw celery other than being filling. Even as a carrier for peanut butter or cheese spread or something, it's not my favorite. So mostly I save that for cooking unless I'm hungry and really tight on calories. I've been going to town with the raw peppers, though!

Lora - Wow, 8 years is a long time to do the long-distance thing.

Sarah - Great idea to have a pre-planned list of go-tos to distract you from snacking!

Joyce - My parents were very conservative. I never got the "birds and bees" talk, so I had to figure out the actual logistics on my own. The only "talk" we ever had was when my mom sat me down, gave me a booklet called "Growing Up and Liking It" that made menstruation sound like a walk in the park, and asked if I had any questions. Even if I had, I'd have been too embarrassed to ask.

Barbie - So sorry Jake will have to miss that show.

Lisa - Congratulations on the new job!

Lanette - Ooh, there's an Agatha Raisin series!? Darn it, Netflix doesn't have it. I loved the books too. Agatha is a handful for sure.

Well, today has been rocky so far. I overslept then forgot to do my weigh-in first thing, so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Then I returned a call from our accountant and got the news that we owe a huge amount of income tax. This self employment thing is killing me... I swear, Ithe more I successful I am, the more I get punished for it. Anyhow... we'll have to do an installment plan with the IRS to get it paid, just as I was about to pay off the installment plan from 2014. I have to wonder if I'd be better of with a job that paid half as much but included some benefits. If only I could get back all the money I've paid in to Social Security and Medicare over my working life... it's not looking good for ever seeing any of those benefits, and I could surely put it to good use!

On the other hand, if I'm going to have to pay the taxes out in installments anyway, then I can use some of our savings to follow up on some of the delayed medical stuff that needs to be addressed. I guess you could call that a plus.

It is gorgeous outside today, cool and sunny after a little rain yesterday. Must make time to get out in it sometime today.

-Yvonne in TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla - My 'girls' got smaller as I lost weight, too! Good to get back to a more 'manageable' size; and NO MORE SIDE BOOBS (under the arm). So now when I put my arms down it doesn't feel like they are pointed at an angle. That also meant 'new bras' for me. Went to Dillard's and the same bra I bought 3 years ago for $38; is now $65. They rarely put their bras 'on sale'. I went to Victoria Secret and found some that actually fit me.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, the day I started my first period, at school of course, my Mom told my next oldest sister to take me down to the basement to take care of 'it'. That was her attitude about it. Both my daughter and my sister's daughter were so innocent that they couldn't 'do it' on their wedding night. Sorry if that's TMI.

Well, the guy who was supposed to install our garage back door called and he had a family emergency so will try again tomorrow. So our small garage is going to be busy tomorrow with the main door being taken down and redone and back door. I hope we have more than one plug in out there.

Congrats on the job Lisa. If anyone can do it it is you.

Heather, you could truly do a travel, cooking, entertaining and eating out blog. You just bring it to life.

Mary, you haven't shown us a picture of your dog in a loooong time. Miss him.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    469367makfzcur9b.gif Cheri and Lisa,
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr yoga and then 1 hr deep water. I've decided that I'm really not crazy about the way this instructor runs the yoga class. He's very good, but he doesn't have any music at all. At least 5 times I found myself looking at the clock thinking "is it over yet". I'll do what I need to do and if I get there early, I'll take the yoga.

The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathy Smith Total Body DVD.

Went to exercise then the Salvation Army. Found two blankets, hope they're large enough. We want them to put in the Outlook for things like putting between things when we're moving, etc. The one that's in there, Vince is afraid will fall apart if we put it in the washer....lol $5 for a blanket -- that I can live with. I also got a 3/4 length shirt for myself. Came home and was going to help Vince with the lawn but it started raining. Got dinner ready to microwave. Ceramics tonight. Went to Aldi just for a few things (mainly veges). Then stopped at AC Moore hoping the one lady who always used to be in the stitching class would be there. As it turns out, she was there and they are still having the class. The gal the other day told me they were no longer having the class. I'm so glad they still are. I guess I have one more placemat to make.

machka - you make me all out of breath just reading the things you do.

Lisa - big congrats on getting the job

Pam - what is veggie slice? I'm always on the lookout for different breakfasts. My breakfast tomorrow will be pineapple, steel cut oats and edamame. I know, I know, weird breakfast. Oh, and chicken

Lanette - I bet whirring those white beans made the soup creamy! Never even heard of a stone bruise

Cheri - shouting with you. You know, I'm constantly thinking of the ladies on here all the time, too.

I'm trying to think of an Easter basket to give Jess and maybe one for Colby. Yup, one for him. But I don't want to give Jess an all-candy basket. I know that she's trying to lose weight. In the past I've always given her/them a fruit basket with a bottle of wine and a chocolate bunny in it. However, now they no longer make up the baskets at the store, you have to order them a week in advance. Jess is the type of person who will decide to come down here at the last minute. If I can come up with a type of "basket" even to have delivered to her house, I can give her the wine and chocolate bunny down here. Any ideas, anyone?

Heather - it's so good that you've been able to reconcile yourself with your mother. Maybe some day Bryan will be able to do that. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.

When I got back from Aldi Vince asked me if I'd bought him milk. No, he didn't tell me that he needed it. He felt that since I open & close the refrigerator, I would have seen that he needed it. No.... We'll probably stop at Lowes Foods after ceramics tonight so he'll get some then. He was a bit frustrated with me not getting it, but really it's his fault.

Michele in NC
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Michele I'm with you, music is very important for my workouts. I am not sure how old Jess and Colby are but what about tossing in a few seed packets for them to plant?
    Lisa HUGE congrats on the new job!
    Lanette I love hearing about your green houses and any gardening stories
    Cheri Wonderful news, I am so happy for you!
    Ginger Glad your procedure is over and hope you feel better
    Katia I hear you. We are on flood watch now as a rainfall warning is in effect until Saturday and our sump pump is going off every 30 seconds as it is. Uggh :#
    Yvonne So sorry to hear about the tax pain.

I wish I could stay home tomorrow as I am so worried about flooding but can't live in fear. This is the price we pay to live in the country bordering a beautiful river. Please pray that the weather forecasters are wrong and the rain will just blow over to where no-one lives.

Have a good night everyone.

Sarah.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Chilly and rainy here. I really want to curl up with a book and a blanket but probably should get things done around the house as we are having family for Easter. I have vegetable beef soup in the crockpot for dinner. Did not make it to yoga at the YM this morning as I had a meeting at church. I will be back there again this evening for choir practice.

Lisa - Congratulations on the new job. Hope you enjoy it and it turns out to be a step toward your homestead.

Cheri - Way to go on the weight loss. Just gotta love those milestones!

Ginger - Glad the laser procedure went well for you.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ Big congrats on the job.

Cherie ~ Cheers for your weight loss.

Tornado/Thunder Storm Warnings all day today. I did go to Walmart to pick up a prescription and boy did I get wet.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Penny: Having a refrigerator with an adequate supply of scurvy preventing fresh veggies does not make you a wimp. It makes you smart and keeps you healthy. :bigsmile:

Heather: I'm so happy that your son seems to be coming out of anxiety & depression. I'll send good thoughts his way. :heart:

Michele: I am so glad you mentioned Easter. I'd lost track of the date in my planning and have no ideas for my grandchildren--yet. Thanks to you I still have time to send something. The question is what to send. My current thoughts are stuffed animals or stuffed puppet animals.

The pest control people are due to come out next Monday to clean up the raccoon mess under our house. It will take a few days because they're doing our place and the place next door. They need to remove fouled insulation and put in fresh insulation. I suspect they need to put in a vapor barrier, too. I know that a piece of our furnace duct was knocked loose and needs to be properly attached. We had no heat upstairs this winter. It wasn't the best year but it was eventful. :ohwell: AND we survived! :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Michele, think zucchini slice but made with mixed veggies, I use a food processor to shred my veggies cause it gives me a wider choice than hand grating. So 6 eggs, 60grams quick oats, 600 g shredded veggies, 60 grams cheese plus seasoning, bake at 180 Celsius 45 minutes
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didnt check in this am..
    Lisa and Cheri~ congrats to you both <3
    Love the pic of Olivia~
    I have to go have a chat with my dad, he is always looking into ways to make money and think he got in way over his head this time.. he invested somewhere between 5-10,000 that he doesnt have(reverse mortgage) and now his bank accounts and credit cards are compremised. So I have to gently bring this up and try and get to the bottom of it all.. if need be get a hold of banks, BBB and the police..
    and got my passport paperwork back cause the putz at Walgreens didnt tell me to take my glasses off. so now I have to go back there. speak with a manager and get the picture taken again and send it all out again..
    I just have so much running to do,its making my head spin... will try and catch up with you in the a.m.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ChevyChe: Welcome to a great group. Tell us about yourself. :smiley:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    quick check in. I have payroll to do tonight.
    Hugs to everyone. Take care and have a great day.

Paula Y.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :'( Jake is still struggling with acute bronchitis. He saw the doctor today who prescribed an antibiotic thinking that after this long, it may be bacterial. He also thinks Jake may have injured a rib from all the coughing.

:'( There was so much rain this morning that the dogs wanted to come in after about 45 minutes so I brought them home and walked some more by myself.

<3 hugs to all of you....Barbie from beautiful NW Washington