Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This is so annoying!! Not sure why my postings get cut!

Anyway .. last part

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Weight -/+ this week: -1.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -16.3
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Niki

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 242.5
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 232

February 22: 242.5
    March 1: 242
    March 8: 242.3
    March 15: 238 (birthday week)
    March 22: 236.8
    March 29: 235.6
    April 5: 236.6
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 5.9

PS
    Was feeling this morning like "hmm, should I wait to post later in the week, after all I have until Sunday to post, and can probably get rid of that weight gain I had late last week" ... but then I talked myself into being honest with myself and you and share my weight on my usual weigh-in day for this challenge ... which is Wednesday. ...
    :):#o:)>:):*
    I see we have some new posters for this challenge ... just wanted to let you know that some new challenges that haven't started yet are starting next week ... check the challenges thread or the Groups page for New Groups ... so you can continue on after EarthDay if you like.
    Niki
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »

The EarthDay Weight Challenge expires on 4/22 ... that's a Saturday ... and my weigh-ins occur on Wednesdays ... so I think I'll take that extra few days in the last week and weigh in 4/5, 4/12, 4/19 AND 4/22 ... I can still reach my goal even with this weeks set back.

Me too!! I feel like I need those extra 3 days to make goal! ;)

• RobinB0812
    Options
    Name: Robin

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 273.8
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 259.9

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 273.8
    March 1: 273
    March 8: 272.4**
    March 15: 270.2
    March 22: 268.4
    March 29: 266.4
    April 5: 265.4
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

** My birthday week

Weight -/+ this week: -1.0
    Weight -/+ total: -8.4

I am a little disappointed this week. I was expecting more than a 1 pound loss. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for a loss and not a gain, but yesterday I was down over 2 pounds. Fluctuating scale!! *curses* :angry:
    I feel like my calorie intake was on target and I feel like I moved by body a lot more this past week than I usually do. I have a Samsung Gear Fit 2 and twice on Saturday it congratulated me an a good workout. I was confused because I wasn't working out and asked my daughter (who also has one) if she'd ever had that happen. After she rolled her eyes at me, she said she gets it all the time when she moves vigorously. The Gear Fit picks it up as a workout. I was just vacuuming, something I typically won't do because of my back problems. I guess it was enough movement for the Gear Fit to pick it up as a workout.

Anyway, I am going to chalk it up to my body adjusting and maybe I'll see a bigger than normal loss next week. Time will tell!

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :# !!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I was in the Smoky Mountains for a four day/five night getaway with all my kids and grands. We had a wonderful time and I ate too much, but I did walk a lot and tried to keep up with the water intake too. No scale so I had to wait until I got home. I was up 5 pounds but full of fluid, so it will take a few days to get that back down to see what the true weight is. I will try to do my weigh in on Friday per usual.

@birgitkwood - So proud of you! That is awesome! I know you are soooo happy with your choice to get healthy. I don't expect to see that much gone that fast, at the rate I'm going but I'm thrilled to be where I am at this point, because every pound helps!
    @320sycamore I'm so happy to see you back, we've missed you!
    Welcome to all the new folks, you should love this group, I know I do!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachael
    Height: 66"

Start Weight: 293.0 (W Feb 22)
    Goal Weight: <285.0 (A Apr 22)

Weigh-ins on Wednesdays
    February 22: 293.0
    March 1: 290.6
    March 8: 291.2
    March 15: 293.0
    March 22: 290.6
    March 29: 291.7
    April 5: 292.1
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.4
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -0.9

"Up, down, up ... to my appitite's delight!" - Winnie the Pooh
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (week of Feb 22) 203
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 199

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: 203
    February 28: 201
    March 8: 200.8
    March 15: 196.0
    March 22: 196.0
    March 29: 193.0
    April 5: 194.2
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8.8

So, weird! Somehow I managed to GAIN 1.2 lbs! Haven't really done anything different than every other week. But OK, probably just body adjustment and will go back down again. Kinda bums me out, though - I've never gained THAT much before without good reason. But whatever... it's a journey, right?
  • birgitkwood
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    congrats @birgitkwood that is an awesome achievement! Are you just on maintenance now or are you still looking to lose?

I'm still looking to lose, maybe another 10 lbs or so to get to "healthy BMI." And frankly, I'm kinda scared to really commit to "maintaining." I mean, I basically know how to lose (having done it a thousand times in my 62 yrs on Earth) -- but I've never before been successful at maintaining. It will be a new world for me. But I've never before had MFP to help track my calorie intake, nor have I ever before had my fabulous MFP friends community. So this time will be different!! But it's a few more weeks yet before I really have to worry about it. lol

• birgitkwood
    Options
    @birgitkwood, you are my inspiration. My husband had a massive stroke almost 30 years ago when I had just turned 27 and our son was 5 months old. He recovered significantly but not completely, so our lives have been impacted since then. However, I am determined that if you could make healthy choices and changes, then so can I. I've beat the smoking and dropped 30 pounds, just need to stay the course. Congratulations amazing one year accomplishments!

I understand! My husband had a very serious stroke in April of 2015. It was only thru modern medicine, and state-of-the-art surgery that he survived. Not only did he survive, but he worked incredibly hard to regain most of his mental and physical functioning. It's a struggle, and continues to be -- and we didn't have a young child to worry about. I can't even imagine what YOUR and your husband's struggle must have been (and continue to be, I'm sure). You are MY hero!!
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hate people who don't work, and have kids, they are SAHM, and talk about going running and then taking a nap.

No excuses, but my exercise program would be much easier if I did not work 40 hours a week, with almost an hour commute each way.

Just venting.

On an up note, my spin cycle arrived yesterday! Setting it up this weekend. Xterra.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Name: Claire
    Height:5'1"

Start Weight (week of Mar 1) 229.8 lbs
    Goal Weight (Week of April 22) 213.0 lbs

Weigh-ins on week of
    February 22: ***missed this week
    March 1: 229.8
    March 8: 222.2
    March 15: 224.2
    March 22: 221.8
    March 29: 219.8
    April 5: 220.4
    April 12:
    April 19:
    Last day April 22:

Weight -/+ this week: +.6 lbs
    Weight -/+ this month -9 lbs

Gah. Weight gain this week. I am back on track now, though...plus, I'm tickled that I've lost 9 lbs over the past month. I hope this coming week's weigh-in sees me moving back DOWN the scale. :wink:
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Also...congrats Birgit! :smiley: What an AWESOME achievement (as in, I am in awe of what you've accomplished). Way to go.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow marks 100 days since I started following the DASH plan. I am not where I had hoped to be but I am thankful to be where I am. 10-15 lbs lost ... 140 lbs to go ...
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm a past active poster on this thread back to try and drop the rest of my excess pounds. I started on MFP back in June 2013 and as of August 2014 lost 114 lbs. Since then I've managed to keep most of it off (currently up 7 lbs from my lowest weight), but I haven't lost all I want.

So I'm back to try and rid myself of the last 25 ish pounds. I hope to at least trim off 10 of them before my daughter's wedding in June. Nothing like the threat of photographic evidence to set me on the straight and narrow.

Glad to see some of the same folks still posting here and to see so many new names!
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    Welcome back @Lives2Travel :)
    I turned myself in January. I agree, its nice to see familiar faces!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth ... Yesterday, I stayed under my total calories goal but still 'blew' my diet. The price for this is not added weight this morning, it's a rise in my fasting blood glucose and also in my blood pressure ... and that action that blew it was having a large meal for supper that was high in carbohydrates. ... I made myself a huge bowl (3 servings worth) of spaghetti and had it with a veggie/tuna red sauce. Delicious. Satisfying. Something I haven't done (eating that much pasta at one time) in over a year. And, like overeating on calories, for me ... overeating on carbs will take a few days to stabalize while eating at a lower carb range than normal. My daily targe for carbs is under 45% and yesterday it came in at 60% ... and I will need to strive for under 40% until my overworked system can find it's balance once again. Not something I want to do very often, but I'm not sorry I had one of my favorites yesterday.

Welcome back @Lives2Travel ... This losing weight and staying at the weight we want is a lifetime affair!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 days I made a conscious effort of logging my fluid intake and increasing it. I normally would say I drink around 2L of water (give or take depending on if I remember to drink).
    I have put my fitbit goal at 4L and have been drinking anywhere between 3 and 3.5 and wow -2lbs in 2 days!
    On the downside though I have to pee every hour or so and it is starting to be very inconvenient... especially after I lie down for the night
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Okaaaayyy. MfP cut my post so here it goes.

@MermaidPrincessRach Congrats on 100 days! It doesnt matter if you lost 10 or 100lbs you are loosing and taking the steps towards your goal and that's what matters!

@Lives2Travel Welcome back. I am rather new but I love this group! It helps so much. Congrats on not only loosing the weight but keeping it off!

@Nikion901 Days like that happen. I think we all wish they didnt but they do. Today is a new day and it sounds like you are compensating for that big meal so kuddos to you
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach - I am on day 16 of the DASH diet, still struggling to keep my sodium down, though since I started logging my food again it has been easier to see where those mg of sodium come from (my lunch had almost 700 mg!). I am limited to 2000 mg/day and only 2000 ml of liquid.