Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Replies

• TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    quietly stalking this thread well because...lifting. B)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    ^ nice work!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    naculp wrote: »

First time ever DL'ing 500

Smoooooth. You could've pulled more easily. Great job!

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Arg, been meaning to get back to this thread, but since I last posted life became immensely busy with starting a new job, looking for a new house, time with my family, and studying up. But I wanted to say thanks first to @JoRocka @Chieflrg @jessef593 for the words of encouragement. Jo, haven't had a chance yet to watch the video but will.

I've been working on the low bar so I thought I'd return with an update.

One of my USAPL-WI friends read about my difficultly with LB on IG and offered to coach me on it. Last Friday, I made the journey to his gym and we worked on it. His cues definitely helped, but I left sore and still a little unsure.

Saturday I have an awesome deadlift session. After pulling 410 pounds for 11 times I then go...

...450, 475, 495x3 rep goal Last triple of 495/224.5kg was a rep PR.

I then put in another practice session on Sunday and at the end was so pissed I thought about ditching squat all together and just do backyard push/pull meets. (I have video, but not posted anywhere.) I was so crestfallen after this session I felt like punching baby kitties.

In the meantime I do research on the LB looking for cues that make sense and on Tuesday, training week begins and I walk in have this little PR on the bench press.

305/138, 320/145, 335/152 -- an all time PR. Had more in me too.

Wednesday. Not sure what my plan is. Go HB on my strength days, or go full LB.

I go full LB and have reasonable success. I now want to cuddle kittens again! I know I have still much to work on (read my friend Brian's comments on IG) but I'm closer to it than I was before.

I think what has helped was first talking it over with you guys, transferring my training to the closest powerlifting/strongman gym, and accepting the help from my friend. I have wanted to train at this gym forever, but since last May I have been unemployed so that was a nonstarter. I don't know about you, but training in front of mirror sucks. I don't compete in front of a mirror so why train in front of them.

I'm still going to hold off competing in June and the next USAPL meet I will do is September. There is one backyard meet I will do (Wisconsin State Fair Open) for practice and because its a fun event, but otherwise, its build my squat and get my numbers up.

Nice nice...deep af.
  • Chieflrg

First time ever DL'ing 500

Smoothie...well did!
  • Chieflrg
    Tried a light triple deads belted . I'm pretty much doomed for healing in time I think since my hip bones actually are up in my rib cage and keep opening up ribs with any bending motion. Finally can get into position painless on bench and I'm gaining my strength back.

• jessef593
    Since you guys will know. Recently bought my first belt. 10mm Inzer lever. How long and what are the best ways to conform it too your body? That thing sure is stiff
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Since you guys will know. Recently bought my first belt. 10mm Inzer lever. How long and what are the best ways to conform it too your body? That thing sure is stiff

I have a 10mm inzer prong. About 3yrs old. Still kinda stiff, but not feeling like wrapping a steel bar around me. I rolled mine alot. I'd say a few months? Nice pull BTW. Looked easy.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member

I just got a new belt, because I'm running out of holes on my belt. They're both 10mm Inzer levers. I thankfully have one more belt hole to go before I can switch to the new belt so I have some extra time to break it in, but man I forgot how stiff they are when you first get them. Or, maybe I just didn't realize before because it was my first belt.

My first belt I occasionally bent back and forth along up and down the length of the belt, wore around the house sometimes and during all sets (including warmups) for a month or so, and I store it rolled up in my bag with a band around it. Oh! and put the lever and and out of the holes when not wearing several times so you don't get stuck in your belt in public. *cough* I plan to do the same process with this one. That should get it broken in enough that you don't tear up every time you use it. It will only get better over time. I would decide where you prefer to wear the lever because until it's really broken in it's hard to change without it feeling weird. I like mine towards my right side, but some like it dead center or towards the left or back. I would not recommend some of the crazy things I've seen on other forums such as running it over with your car or getting it wet. Don't feed it after midnight either.
  • jessef593
    Fittreelol wrote: »

I just got a new belt, because I'm running out of holes on my belt. They're both 10mm Inzer levers. I thankfully have one more belt hole to go before I can switch to the new belt so I have some extra time to break it in, but man I forgot how stiff they are when you first get them. Or, maybe I just didn't realize before because it was my first belt.

My first belt I occasionally bent back and forth along up and down the length of the belt, wore around the house sometimes and during all sets (including warmups) for a month or so, and I store it rolled up in my bag with a band around it. Oh! and put the lever and and out of the holes when not wearing several times so you don't get stuck in your belt in public. *cough* I plan to do the same process with this one. That should get it broken in enough that you don't tear up every time you use it. It will only get better over time. I would decide where you prefer to wear the lever because until it's really broken in it's hard to change without it feeling weird. I like mine towards my right side, but some like it dead center or towards the left or back. I would not recommend some of the crazy things I've seen on other forums such as running it over with your car or getting it wet. Don't feed it after midnight either.

At least someone listened to Mr Wing from gremlins haha. All sounds like sound advice. Thanks I'll make sure to do all that. All in all its a great belt and it's already been catching a few eyes, glad I'm finally taking that next step into all of this
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member

Apparently all the Easter food I ate is good for hitting a weight that I haven't touched in a looooong time. Here's hoping I can hit 500 before year's end
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member

Apparently all the Easter food I ate is good for hitting a weight that I haven't touched in a looooong time. Here's hoping I can hit 500 before year's end

Nice grind, but get deeper bby!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Nice nice...deep af.

that's pretty much the way I like it all the time.

wait.

wut?
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Tried a light triple deads belted . I'm pretty much doomed for healing in time I think since my hip bones actually are up in my rib cage and keep opening up ribs with any bending motion. Finally can get into position painless on bench and I'm gaining my strength back.

belted deads are hard for me- it just is always at thing.

congrats on the belt- I've got my "wish list" of my new belt sitting by my desk- and one day - I'll actually order it- I want the 13mm- because- stiffer is always better (See above for dirty jokes)- but I'm unsure- all the 10's I've seen are pretty stiff too- but eh- I feel like go hard or go home.

What's the number for most federations? I don't want to get a 13 if I can't use it to compete.