• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,432 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good morning! Up early and got 3000 steps in and enjoyed breakfast reading 2 pages of news from my peeps here. <3

Will respond later, but for now wanted to say I am watching the day 1 presentation on the "Sweet Freedom" free series about sugar. This one was with Damon Gameau of "That Sugar Film" and "That Sugar Book" fame which helped start me down the low sugar path.

It was excellent. Other presenters are Jonathan Landsman (I've not heard of him), Ty Bollinger on the Sugar/Cancer connection, and JJ Virgin

Each day's presentations are available for a 24 hour period. I'm going to keep watching as I have time today. There are presentations today through the April 17th.

Anyone still interested, sign up here: http://sweetfreedomsummit.com/?utm_campaign=SWEET17&utm_medium=InviteBox&utm_source=visitor

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Meg, so sorry to hear about Benny.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Cheri - LOVE your work. How wonderful to have that by you to inspire you! <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • jparkhurst21
    jparkhurst21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful group !
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,731 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Going to send the kettle back after all. What a pain! Grrrrrrrrrr!

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Accountability Post
    Sunday's Progress (4/9)
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B7, L24, D12, BBS 68= 111g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (37g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes, 2 miles, 5000 steps. And the elliptical 5 days a week. (Tues, Thur)
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: Electronics, Craft Supplies, Pantry, ✔Fridge, Cooking and Baking, Dishes and Serving, ✔Linen Closet, Laundry Closet, ✔Medicine Cabinets, ✔Personal Care.
    ✔9. Digital Detox. Track daily timeouts.

• Carbs. It started with 2 mini choc bites. 10 carbs each. Then my brain turned to quest bars... those are 22 carbs each - but they're high in fiber too. (Now I remember why I quit buying those.) Still not too bad.

• Fiber. Missed my big veggie salad again - I'm still out of salad fixings. I substituted steamed veggies again. And - had 2 quest bars. Those go in the kSafe today. Putting them in timeout until they learn to leave me alone. ;-)

• Exercise. Didn't finish it. Total steps 2968 and 24 active Fitbit minutes.

• Digital Detox. I did timeouts but I slept with Netflix again. And... it was good.

Today is Monday - official weigh-in day. I lost 3 lbs officially!

SW 291.6
    CW 280.8
    Last Monday: 283.8

Today I "do it now". I plan to get my exercise done before 6pm. And - get more done in the house. Room-by-room - scan and do. And... work on meal planning.

And... today makes 100 days streak of tracking here in MFP.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kelly congrats on double winnings and how generous to turn over to your kids!

Beth is this a freshman kind of thing??, my daughter had the same melt down but in the first semester- she is righting the ship and doing better. Her roommate is leaving school for community college--I think this had an impact on my kid!! Anyway, glad your son is waking up and advocating for himself--this is what they must learn to do :# Even though on their own sweet time. Hope the ortho appt. is productive

Phew, glad my 6 hour drive is over-gonna relax and start some laundry--so nice to be back home!

NYKAREN
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cheri - love your body restoration journal! What a great idea.

I'm down south of you and it's a bit gloomy here too. Cloudy. Expecting rain this week. Those April showers to make things grow.

Ginger in Texas
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Sarah: So sorry to hear about the flooding; I hope the water recedes soon and you aren't left with a horrible mess.

Penny: Have a great time with your grandkids!

Lisa: I will have to remember your description of the weasel; it was priceless. The peacock was gorgeous!

Beth: Hope you get relief for your knee soon.

Meg: Sorry to hear about Benny Beagle; the loss of a beloved furry friend is hard.

Janet: Glad that MIA is off oxygen.

Pip: The airstream looks great!

Naiomi: What a beautiful photo!

FourLynne62, Abhamilton, Diane from Michigan: Nice to have you in the group.

Until recently, most of my walking has been on a treadmill. Lately I have been making an effort to go for longer walks outside with friends three or four times a week. It makes a real difference, but makes it hard to return to the treadmill. Yesterday, I went with a friend to a tulip festival, held every year in one of the small towns on Lake Geneva. It is about two weeks early, but the flowers were stunningly beautiful. To my delight there was a pottery fair right beside the gardens, two of my favorite things in one place.

My youngest son wrote yesterday to say that he is coming for a week-long visit over the Easter break. I am delighted. It will be nice having one of the kids in the house.

- Leigh in France
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy International Safety Pin Day!

Good grief, it's after 2 o'clock! It's been a Monday for sure.

Mary - I have a friend who is still, many years later, dealing with the consequences of Lyme Disease that was not identified and treated early. A lot of people have no idea how devastating the disease can be.

Sarah - Glad to hear the rain has sopped but sorry your basement sump pump couldn't quite keep you dry. I'm sure that cleanup will burn tons of calories!

Janet - What a beautiful picture of your granddaughter. I love her date's formal do-rag!

Lisa - I love the stained-glass painting. The colors are soothing and lovely.

Beth - Regarding your son's "needle in a haystack" major... I don't think degrees matter as much as they used to. Even people with degrees in fields that are in high demand have a hard time finding good work - the hard truth is that we no longer have enough jobs for every person who wants work to have one. So if the only point of the degree is to demonstrate the ability to commit to something and stick to it, they may as well study something they care about. My nephew is working on completing an art history degree.

abhamilton - Think of it this way: You lost [insert ex-husband's weight here}. It may hurt now, but perhaps one day you'll be able to celebrate it as another step in your journey.

Pip - The Airstream looks great! I'm saving photos of the pull-out dining room table as inspiration for our Casita restoration!

I missed you all over the weekend, but I had a great time exploring the Wendish Museum and Heritage Center with my friends. We haven't done that kind of thing enough lately, so we're already talking about the next "girls' road trip."

Looks like I got the hummingbird feeder out right on time for the scouts to find it this year - I'm regularly seeing hummingbirds on it.

Welcome to the newcomers, and good vibes to everyone who's been struggling.

-Yvonne in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey de hi de ho!

So tired of this rainy weather! The nudest in me is crawling out of her skin.... Mr Blue Sky come visit me! OK I shall stop my whining... LOL.

I seem to be a bit out of control eating wise. I have more green beans then I care to eat, no protein except peanut butter and eggs. Also have a loaf of the most multi grain bread ever. So many of my meals are French toast. I suppose having a slice of the bread and an egg over easy, is no different. I add some vanilla, a dash of milk, and voila' its suddenly more decadent. The multi grain bread is so dense, I put the browned French toast in the oven to bake it more.

I am hoping that I receive some fruit and veggies from the food bank tomorrow. On the amazing side, my husband was emailing my Navy son this weekend, and my son told us that he will send us some funds. Husband I know is quite proud, and wouldn't come right out and say we are struggling, but son took it upon himself to send an email saying funds were coming. We have raised quite an empathetic son.

Hugs to everyone!
    Becca
    Oregon

• wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    By the way, how do I bookmark this so I can find it easily? Never mind, found it.