WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join?

Marilyn from North Carolina

:) It's never too late to join. Just jump into the conversation and before long, you'll feel like you've known us all your life.

:'( I had a traumatic morning when I couldn't get my pedometer open to replace the battery. The screw was tight, crooked, and stripped. I finally got it open with the help of the fourth screwdriver that I tried and now it has a new battery and the cover is taped on for extra safety.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER - have a great trip to France

BARBIE - glad you sorted your pedometer

Re BF debate. I didn't bf either of my two but my DD did with both of hers, in fact with the youngest she carried on for ages I mean over a year. You know that my youngest brother is 15 years younger than me and my Mum BF him (she was 41 then) there was major problem trying to wean him he used to be a real nuisance if we were out and about. She tried all the old fashioned remedies mustard, pepper etc He would just lick it off and carry on the thing that worked in the end was coffee ( not sure if he drinks it now) Sounds funny looking back but as a teenager I thought it was really embarrassing.

Did 48 min Leslie Sansone vid this morning and just going out for a walk in the sunshine

Have a good weekend

Kate UK <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 40X7X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    75 Squats
    22 push-ups
    Rest Day leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I will take at least 2 -2mile walks today!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd-May20th
    One day left to prepare! Join us to tighten up your eating and your body!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10544958/keto-lc-4-week-challenge-april-23rd-may-20th#latest

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: I think Margaret has very wise advice. Be kind to yourself and try to do what nurtures you. Focus on the top priority and let the rest go until later. Stop by here whenever you need to vent or just hang out. (((HUGS)))

DJ: I'm glad the handyman came and has your water sorted out. I hope you have a grand adventure with your cruise buddy. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Your level of exercise always impresses me. Do you take a magic vitamin to give you so much energy? :star:

M in Oz: Thanks for the lovely photo. You look great. We are heading into spring and summer as you are heading into fall and winter. I know & understand it logically, but it still seems so amazing that our seasons are opposite. :smiley:

Marilyn from NC: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Heather: Enjoy your trip to France. :star:

Today they're having a cutting horse clinic at the stable and I plan to go and watch. I know my teacher plans to participate. I don't know whether she plans to bring both of her horses, but I suspect she will. There are no bleachers that overlook the arena, so we'll be peeking in the gates to see what is going on. It also looks like it may rain. I'll take my rain jacket. It will be dry inside the arena but no guarantees about the doorways where we can peek in and watch the action. One gate is inside the barn & the others are outside in the elements.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Katla, I hope you find a great spot to stand and watch the events with the horses. I think that the Isagenix shakes that are part of my eating plan have a lot to do with my energy level. I don't do any high intensity stuff, just walking, dancing, and riding the exercise bike at a mellow rate. My diet includes a lot of protein. I am reluctantly waiting until the nine month mark to try weight training again.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Barbie: I eat a lot of protein, too, but that ends up as both high protein and high fat because they seem to be intertwined in many foods. Shakes don't work for me because of lactose intolerance. I've tried things that are say they are lactose free, but my body doesn't respond well. As things are, I feel good and my blood tests at routine checkups have never given a red flag. :bigsmile:

Katla in rainy NW Oregon
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. This will be short…we are on a mission to get our taxes done this weekend!

Margaret: thank you for the words of wisdom.

Joyce: most of our yard is hardscaped, and it’s more work than mowing LOL

Dana: my parents used to live in Hot Springs Village, so I have been your way many times! Your pup sounds so cute and like she’s going to be a big one!

Lenora: your description of the stiff petticoats made me laugh…I have some very early pictures of me in them and I hated them too…scratchy!

Sue: did you know we just hosted the world equestrian championships here in Omaha? I didn’t go but a friend who did was thrilled!

DJ: I hope you have a magnificent time! I just love cruising!

Katla: thanks to you too! I am trying to learn to put myself first and to understand what I need.

Well I need to run because DH is home now with lunch. Sorry I didn’t get to all of you! Putting myself first (or trying) in Omaha, take care, Meg.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey my ladies!
    So many of you are such travelers!! I commend you! Be safe in where ever you go, be it the Bahamas, or France! I think because both husband and I moved where ever the Navy told us to, that now we are happy hermits. We might go 2 hrs one direction, but we are always happy to be home. The volunteering that I do every third Thursday of the month helps both husband and I, to be apart. I think he runs around the apartment like Tom Cruise in RISKY BUSINESS! My friend that lives up the street from me, is having a hard time with her ailing husband doing dialysis three times a week, poor guy.. So our volunteering time is lots of giggling, and fun stories. I brought my tablet and showed some of the ladies my wedding pics. One did tatting, so she liked my headpiece. On the menu was crab linguini, with potato soup to start. The head cook stated to me that she had acquired three huge cans of crab from a local cannery. My brain sent my stomach a red flag about that tidbit of information! It was good though!

Its raining hard today! Last year at this time it was in the 90's!

Be safe all! Love yas!
    Becca
    In April showers better bring May flowers
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    kz8xast93tx8.jpg

Love this!
    Bevcca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1269599jsr8624fnu.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Pip ~ Love the little flower garden and Lenny's tree. I have a tree blooming like that one and it is pretty.

Katla ~ Have you tried Lactaid brand milk and ice cream? It works for me.

Becca ~ Like that green kitchen!

DJ ~ I'm not sure which day is your birthday but I sure do hope it is a happy one and that you enjoy your cruise.

Carol in GA

• renesuny
    renesuny Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi. I am starting over. I quit for a while and of course put on weight.
  • renesuny
    renesuny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi Lisa. Are you okay with me praying for you and your son? Mental illness is so difficult. I have depression myself.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :)Becca,my father started out in the Merchant Marine at age 17 and then joined the Coast Guard at the start of WWII. We moved every two years until he retired and then he and my mother took some trips. He finally got to the point that he didn't want to travel any farther than two hours away from home. I started to feel that way a few years after we sold our motor home. Jake keeps talking about places he wants to go and I want to go nowhere.

<3 Barbie