WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka, what a lovely thought - Having a great meal then off for a long bike ride. Are the roads where you ride relatively uncongested with auto traffic? Even if I wanted to ride a bike our local roads are heavily travelled, no shoulder and with all the distracted drivers (and their texting) it's dangerous-not worth it sadly. We do have paved bicycle trails in our county (abandoned railbeds) that a lot of folks haul their bikes to and it's a great ride through farmland.

The area where I live is quite busy and the shoulders come and go. It's also very hilly and it is a popular tourist area. We really have to pick and choose our routes based on events and markets and tourist traffic.

Fortunately, we do have a wide paved bicycle path called The Cycleway. Unfortunately, it's only short ... 13 km long. So last night, since we'd be riding in the dark (gets dark so early now), we went most of the way up The Cycleway and back. It was better than getting all caught up in Friday night traffic.

BTW - down here, I'm digging out the tall boots and pondering the long-sleeved top situation. I've got lots of sweaters, but one of the issues I'm having is that with perimenopause, in the days leading up to each period, my skin gets really itchy and painful and sensitive, so a knit sweater (especially a wool one) is out of the question. Fortunately the rest of the month is OK.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good evening y'all!

So far so good with my meals today even though I splurged today. There's a new Hardy's restaurant in town so I had a small burger. It was great. 450 calories but worth it. We went to On the Border for dinner and I had Mango Chicken Salad. 400 calories. A few chips and ice tea.

Thank you so much for comments about my family issues I've had. I appreciate your time responding! I have 3 kids and 10 grandkids so I don't want to waste my time worrying about what my mother and sister is doing anymore.

Becca Beautiful pictures of flowers! I have a clematis in the front yard somewhere! Congrats to your son! Your apt. is so neat for 985sqft! Our apt. in Austin was 1025' and it was hard to keep it organized, but yours is very neat!!

Lenora Sounds like a big project to glass in the front porch and air conditioning it if I understood you right. Wow!!

Lisa I hope you are feeling better.

Lanette Oh, 37 degrees is chilly. It's very warm here! 80 and very humid!! Loved your flip flop picture. I almost didn't see because the way the app is working.

Heather Loved your pictures!

Machka Congratulations on your Australian citizenship!

Toni I would love to see a picture of dear Shirley cat!!

Pictures of Dolly and DH, and our Arkansan home:
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Heather - Becca - what's the trick to having your photos actually show up in the body of the text (like it used to a couple days ago) instead of just appearing as a teeny thumbnail link? Maybe MFP is doing that to save space?

It did it to mine and to Dana's and to KJ's photo of Joaquin.

Lanette
    SW WA State - resting up after putting all the plant babies back in the potting shed for the night.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Dana, love the house all set back in the trees and nice curb appeal. Looks like a nice place to just sit and watch the world.

Went somewhere tonight we usually don't. We were out running some errands and the place we went to eat was real cool. Us old people on blood thinners just can't take that. He had a long sleeve shirt and thermal hoodie on and I had a jeans jacket but just couldn't take it. So Chik fila was on our way home so I suggested stopping there. We were just going to go to the drive through but my tummy told me I must get to a bathroom and now! Charlie couldn't even park, just let me out the door. This precious young boy about 8 years old held the door open for me. Was so sweet. He has some good parents. Got in the bathroom in time and when done I had to flush that commode 4 times!!!! So by that time he was inside waiting for me so we just ate inside even though it was cool also. I didn't know they had grilled nuggets so I ordered that. I think it was a grilled chicken sandwich but just broke into pieces. I did have the fries but they didn't taste oily or salty at all. I just don't go to fast food places. Charlie would every day if he could. His cardiologist shook his finger at him but I guess he didn't shake it hard enough. I don't want another heart attack. Plus we are trying to have a hospital free year which we haven't had since 2012.

Have had a beautiful light show in the night sky. I know storms can be deadly but they can also be beautiful.

Joyce, Indiana who is going to have 2 windows put in Monday afternoon as long as weather holds out
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of the deep water class today. Boy, in the beginning of the class was I ever working really, really hard. Then I realized why. I'd forgotten to put on my flotation belt!!! The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD on the rebounder. Then maybe ride the exercise bike some

Exercised, then took my pants to the lady who does my sewing, then the Salvation Army (got a shirt, not sure if it's a bit too big for me or not, but at that price I can buy it, bring it home, and if I don't care for it, redonate it), then to Bi-Lo, then WalMart, home and helped Vince cut the grass (I used the walk behind and the weed wacker). We did some other things outside. I'd really rather do one or two things, but not him. His feeling is if he's going to go to the trouble of putting on grungy clothes and get hot and sweaty, he'll do a lot of things. We got some chemicals in the pool, put down grass seed and fertilizer (hope it's not too late), straw on top of that and then watered it. Got my ceramic "creations" up on the pergola. Tomorrow I'm thinking that we'll get the umbrellas out. Vince talked about sitting under the pergola listening to music (that's relaxing for him) but I may go in my pool (that's relaxing for me). First we'll need to inflate my lounger.

Meg - so glad you got to pet that Corgi. You were certainly in the right place at the right time. Bet he enjoyed it, too.

Carol - doesn't Becca's house look clean? Makes me sick......

dana - I am so inflexible, I'm so jealous of your daughter. Gorgeous pic of her oceanside

Joyce - I'm so glad your windows are in. They'll look fantastic Monday

Got a bit of a dilemma. We really need to restain our front door. However, that means we'd have to keep the door open for hours (maybe even days). How to keep the cats in the house? Does anyone have any ideas?

pip - only good luck thoughts for you

Becca - I can't believe that was you!

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: My fingers are crossed for you. :flowerforyou: :star::flowerforyou:

Heather: You were a gorgeous girl and turned into a gorgeous woman. :smiley:

I'm home with DH, who is having a nap. I brought my yoga mat home and washed it because it was used by a stranger. right now it is hanging in the laundery room to dry. I'm sure it will be ready to sue by Monday.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    still here, just too busy for words
  • moma4boys
    moma4boys Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone- checking in. Didn't do well today. No exercise and 500 calories over goal- ouch! I'll do better tomorrow.

Reading all your posts- getting to know you all. Still hard to keep everyone straight though. I'll get there

Helen from Wisconsin
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Machka - Great photos. Great success story.

Lisa - Feel better soon!

Kate - Great attitude. What is the new coat like?

NY Karen - Waiting is the worst! Our imaginations can be so active.
    Looks like there are going to be a few of us looking to May for a fresh start.

Heather - It's never easy but there comes a time when we have to cut the negative out of our lifes. I'm sorry you are in this situation.

Dana - I'm sorry for your family trouble.

Pip - Best of luck!

Today was a better day. I had a pedicure and she gave me an awesome ankle massage, I think it may have actually got some circulation going.

DGS was very proud because he passed his learner's license. DD said she was terrified when she let him drive for a bit in a parking lot. Grampa may be the right teacher for him in this instance.

Accountant filed our income tax. He thought for some reason that we had filed our GST. He will get that done in short order so we should be good before Monday. I hate tax season.

Went out for supper at the Mango Tree and over ate. I will have to get in an extra walk or something tomorrow. Today my body didn't like me much. I had my daughter drive me to my appointments after work.

Looks like I better look around for a doctor to take over while mine is on medical leave. I need a primary care doctor to take care of a lot of the stuff I need to do to apply for disability. The possibility of going back on WCB cropped up. I'm not sure I could take the stress of dealing with them again. I did have my back and ankle Xrayed yesterday to see what kind of changes there have been.

I'm not even going to get into the mess up at the courthouse with my summons for jury duty. I did get it straightened out but I am starting to get paranoid. Things have to start going my way soon.

Good night Ladies
    - Sharon in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, busy and long day ahead. I am looking forward to a day of rest on sunday ;)

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    KJ - fabulous expressions! Bet you can't wait to see him again. :D<3

Thanks everyone for the photos. Dana - do you ever worry about the trees around you? I'm so neurotic I would be worrying in the wind, or about fire. Lovely setting though.

Joyce - Looking good! I've always loved those columns in the front.

Pip - Sending good thoughts for you to get everything you want. Life is too short to be unhappy in a job.

Tidied up the house a bit and we will go off soon for lunch and a shop. Maybe this will be the one viewing that does the trick. ;):*

Had a nice long chat with my cancer friend yesterday. I'm due to go up to sit with her on the 8th. She is ok, but physically exhausted and it must be so hard facing your certain death within a fairly short time span. She is being very courageous. Luckily she has lots of friends she can talk to.

Lanette - There is a new icon at the top of the reply section with a landscape pic. That is the new one if you want the pic incorporated into the text. I found that out by experimenting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    slept well and am dressed and ready for work, working until noon and then want to really get some stuff done around the house...Toms cousin is flying home today from Florida...she was staying with there aunt and uncle and they all went to dinner last night she said Tom was laughing and happy.. I said I am amazed as he doesn't do that here.. goes to show you what happens when your a different enviorment(sp) Hope everyone enjoys there weekend..
    I did go up and talk to my SIL and she gave me alot of information on how to set up my own account stock and mutual and bond funds,I will take 2,000 of what Tom gave me from tax return and start my own fund.. and once everything is said and done will invest more as I have no retirement fund.. that job has been Toms for the last 20 yrs and he will have to give me 1/2
    (
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    lhscapil wrote: »

BTW - down here, I'm digging out the tall boots and pondering the long-sleeved top situation. I've got lots of sweaters, but one of the issues I'm having is that with perimenopause, in the days leading up to each period, my skin gets really itchy and painful and sensitive, so a knit sweater (especially a wool one) is out of the question. Fortunately the rest of the month is OK.
    One can buy a very lightweight silk long sleeve pullover to use under the sweater to reduce friction.