6. May 31
    7. June 7
    8. June 14
    9. June 21
    10. June 28
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ total: -3.4

this was a tough week as i had to lose the 5 pounds i gained after last weigh in. Not gonna do that again!!

great work everyone!!!

karen
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,929 Member
    Options
    "I wish the real world would just stop hassling me and you." - Matchbox Twenty
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Naked Weighed this morning and another 4 lb water weight gain. Will wait for Friday to see if I get the excess weight off with lasiks. Darned pizza on Monday sent me way over my sodium goal, and yesterday had spaghetti that was definitely salty. Need to stop sabotaging my health! Whatever it is on Friday will still post the weight.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Sorry I'm late!!

Name: Linda
    Age: 59 and 11.75 months (not going quietly into the next decade!!)
    Height: 5 ft 2 (used to be 5ft 4, but last doctor’s check up disagrees :D )

Weight when starting this recent attempt to shift the flab (Feb 19th) - 322lbs or 23 stone in my language ;)

Start Weight (week of April 19): 303.5lbs
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 288.5lbs

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26: 303.5lbs
    2. May 3: 304.5lbs
    3. May 10:
    4. May 17:
    5. May 24:
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: +1lb (sorry guys!)
    Weight -/+ total: +1lb

A wet, dreary bank holiday weekend, made fresh bread for the freezer (I don't eat a lot of bread now), and it smelled so good, and I just happened to have some butter in the fridge....sigh. But how does 3 small slices/rolls with less than 3oz of butter in total make 4lbs weight gain?? Shifted 3 of those, let's hope I get under 303lbs for next week to show a proper loss.

Had a lovely day today, met up with some good friends, who had come on holiday near me. We visited one of the glorious old English country houses with a large estate, walled and formal gardens etc designed by Edward Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll in the last century. Walked a fair distance, climbed steep paths to the bluebell woods on the valley slopes, then had a low calorie lunch and a delicious cake as a treat for my birthday next week. My friend and I both have significant birthdays this year, so a small celebration was in order.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Looks like some of us did great this week but others of us (myself included) struggled. I know we can all recoup and have a better week for the next weigh in! All of a sudden my sodium seems to be going over daily. I'm trying to be careful but I still tend to check calories and not sodium and then when I go to log I realize that my sodium intake is too high! :( Mine is set for 2300/day which is considered the high limit of a safe or good level so they tell me. I guess I'll have to go back a month or two and look at what I was eating when I was consistently under the 2300. Ugh Anyone else having this problem? Most of mine is from prepared foods, i.e. packaged potatoes, deli turkey for lunch, etc. Unfortunately, I hate to cook especially for just one person. Back to the drawing board and better homemade meals.

@teresaglz21 the way I understand it is that your total weight loss is from the week of April 19 - you shorted yourself. Total loss 4.9 very nice! :)
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica Reichardt
    Height: 5'7

Start Weight (week of April 19): 293.6
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 275

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 -289.6
    2. May 3 - 288.6 (kinda been off track the past week)
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1lbs
    Weight -/+ total: 5lbs
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Typical! Recorded a 1lb gain here yesterday, am 2lbs down today! Just have to keep that, or lower, to next week so I don't let the side down again.
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing, Birdy. It takes weeks for me to lose 4 pounds. Then I eat a couple slices of pizza and I gain it back. This did not happen when I was younger......
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Typical! Recorded a 1lb gain here yesterday, am 2lbs down today! Just have to keep that, or lower, to next week so I don't let the side down again.
    cedar2526 wrote: »
    I wonder the same thing, Birdy. It takes weeks for me to lose 4 pounds. Then I eat a couple slices of pizza and I gain it back. This did not happen when I was younger......

This is so typical of my own observations! Easy on and difficult off. I think that's true for all of us who have gotten obese and are struggling to get back to a healthy weight. We must just keep at it!
    :'(

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Eating? ... Well ... I just took out of the oven something I have been dreaming about for a very long time ... Banana Nut Bread. I haven't entered the recipe into MFP yet so I don't know how much of a slice I will be able to fit into my daily routine ... and this is definitely the type of food that I can eat too much of both in one sitting and in repeats during the day. So ... while my resolve is strong because I haven't yet tasted it ... When it is completely cool and I have figured out how much of it 100 to 150 calories will be ... I am going to slice it into portions and wrap each one up to freeze, except for the one that will be my treat today.

Fitness ... I'm on a roll the past few days with being more active. It's raining outside, has been for 2 days and will continue for a few more ... so my activity will be in the house today and this weekend. Tasks on my 3-Day To-Do include:
    1 - Finish ALL the laundry (I'm down to blankets, throws, and bedding now)... wash, dry, fold and put away.
    2 - Find that ball I'm supposed to use to massage my leg muscles with against a wall ... and do it!
    3 - Shop the big-box hardware for supplies to tuneup my lawn mower ... and do the tune up.
    4 - Scrub the kitchen and utility room floors
    5 - Scrub the front hall top to bottom and feng shui it.

Don't want to bite off too much ... but there is still cooking on the agenda, besides that lovely Banana Bread treat.
    6 - Make a Tuna Casserole for tonights supper
    7 - Stew cabbage with mushrooms and bacon
    8 - Pork Chop dinner of some sort on Sunday. Hot dog and sauerkraut w/mashed potatoes on Saturday.
    Niki

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All ... happy Friday!

It's been raining non stop here ... it was so beautiful early in the week .. all you wanted was to be outdoors but now not a chance ... and think the whole weekend will be like this.

That banana bread sounds delicious ... but I have promised myself I won't bake because I am by myself and I end up eating the whole thing ... when it comes to anything baked I don't have much self control

Here is my weigh - in for this week:

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 188.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 170 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 183.4
    2. May 3 - 182.1
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 (*) -
    5. May 24 (*) -
    6. May 31 (*) -
    7. June 7 (*) -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.3
    Weight -/+ total: - 6.2

(*) will be in Italy ... land of wine and gelato
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Name: Tendani Nefale
    Height:172 cm

Start Weight (week of April 19): 250 lbs
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 225 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26
    2. May 3 250 lbs
    3. May 10 -
    4. May 17 -
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ total

Apologies for joining late...
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @happygirlxxx ... I know what you mean about baking when there is just you ... cause it's just me also. However, I have been wanting this baked good for over a year and decided a couple of weeks ago that I would try one day soon to make it and see if I could actually stick to just eating a small piece at a time.

Today was the day. I made one of my favorite recipes. I should have cut it into 20 pieces or more to get the calories out of it that I wanted ... but ended up cutting it into 18 pieces. One was part of my mid-meal, along with 1/6th portion of the Tuna Noodle Casserole I made today. The other 17 pieces are wrapped and in the freezer now. .. each one ended up being 164 Calories ... hope I can stick to it and fit it into my calories insead of it being extra. That's a lot of calories for a couple of tasty bites ... But I had to try. (and the surprizing nutrient was sugar ... only 2 grams in a serving.)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm finding myself in the hospital once again, with another a-fib situation. Last time this happened (first time!) was almost exactly 8mos ago. Was at the gym this morning, running on the treadmill, and then actually passed out in the shower. I did manage to get myself to my office afterwards (only 1.5 miles away), but then felt too sick and tired to even walk. My co-worker called 911, and the EMTs brought me to ER. Have been admitted overnight, and now waiting for my heart beat to convert back to normal. Hopefully soon... PLEASE!