Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    RE hooray the you made it to Onederland!!! That's awesome! Very proud of you!
    DJ Glad you had a great time on your Birthday Cruise! We have missed you! ((((Hugs)))))!!!
    Well husband can take off pressure bandage later today, then we can view the wound. He's hurting but says its not too bad.
    Today I have nothing planned.....and the foggy day will suit me just fine.
    Have a good day y'all!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sharon – The breast shields that is what I thought you were talking about and no I don’t think I could use one that had an opened box or package. I nursed both my boys; but, I found that because I leaked at the sound any child crying I would leak a lot and they’d pull apart and stick to my breasts. I finally bought a box of men’s handkerchiefs and folded them and stuck them down I my bra. I had enough milk that I could have nursed twins without any problems. When I took a hot shower, that would also cause me to 'let down'. Funny to see as it comes out in a whirlwind, like one of those things that twirls around with the wind that is a child's toy.

YEAH! The sound of rain on my roof! We certainly need it. It could rain like this for a good while and we’d end up still short of getting our water tables in this area.

Walk to the mail box, provided it is at the street, park close to the grocery store and then when you feel better about that park your car one over (if you can find a spot), continue doing that [of course, I am assuming you are not wheelchair bound].

Louis’ Urologist is taking a medical leave; and, that was the best thing that ever occurred to him; he had a procedure (about the 8th or more) and he felt comfortable with his new MD. When he told him that the last time his regular Urologist had done the procedure when he was wide awake. He should have done it while he was asleep, regardless of anything he might have eaten, or schedule it for the next day.

I had the same problem, which is ongoing, my Neurologist moved to Atlanta and her partner could not take on any more patients, so the hospital hired one, part-time. I can’t stand his nurse, she is rude to be honest. He is a bit ‘quirky’ himself; but, the last time I went he spend a lot more time with me and ordered a MRI, without contrast. After 3 weeks of not hearing from them, I called to see if they had gotten the results. She read them off but gave no other information; and, while I had asked to have them sent to my GP that never got done. So I went over and got them myself. Same with records to our insurance carrier, never mailed to the company that does their copying, so she went up there and got them, showing them the release I had signed for them to send them. They gave her a number to call and they said they had not received a request; but, apparently they were looking under the wrong name. Tell your children who are having babies or grandbabies to never name a girl something that the first name isn’t what they call them, it will make for a lot of irritation if they do.

When you take the time to listen to a little on you will be surprised at the things they will tell you, being a grandmother – it is easier for them to ‘be themselves’, especially if you don’t interrupt them.

Re – Our DOGD has gained the “Freshman 15” every year she’s been at college; and, on a 5’nothing frame it is not a pretty sight; but, now she is eating healthier – thank goodness. Congrats on getting to Onederland!

Kate UK - Hopefully they will put you in ‘la-la-land’ or maybe it is just that you will have to drink some awful, thick stuff to have them do repeated x-rays to see how it is going down. I can’t remember why I had that done (maybe acid reflex).

Karen in Virginia – Pix of Olivia is so cute; it is difficult to see that she ever spent time in NICU.

Lanette – Our house faces West; so we get the afternoon hot sun; this AM I have my French doors to the porch open … it isn’t using any A/C from the house and it is actually cooler out there than in the house. Since you face south, you never get a break from the sun. My studio faces south; but, with French Doors and a porch, I have enough light to paint; but, I wish it had been built behind the tree on the other side of the driveway and that I had had a bank of windows facing north; but, nobody asks me what I want anymore. So now, I voice what I want to do or get and it has been working so far. For once (again) we are now ‘debt-free’, little retirement amount; but, I expect that our DYS would help us out financially if we ever needed him to. He paid the last $2500 to pay off the FASFA loan I had gotten when he started school. I asked and he gladly obliged. DOS won’t ever be able to financially help either of us; but, he will be the one who checks on us physically as long as we are able to stay in our house.

One of our neighbors has planted tomatoes this year; his wife died right before the season finished a couple of years ago; so he called them “Sarah’s Tomatoes” and sold what few he felt like picking. His bushes look wonderful! So, hopefully with this rain we’re getting today, they will make a lot of tomatoes. He does had a watering system and doesn’t have weeds to contend with since he puts plastic down around them.

Carpenter bees look like the Bumblebee; but like the *kitten* with Wings, they don’t have any fuzz on them. If you live in a wood-sided house, they can eat holes in them. Thankfully, our bug man sprays them. Shooting the stuff up in the hole, so if there is one in there, they die; or they won’t come back to the hole. Sometimes Louis will shoot brown caulk in them; because it won't show as they bore their holes in the bottom of the wood. Our problem with our grapes is 2 years ago, the deer found them. Now we’ve got to do something to deter them. Louis bought some stuff that has human urine in it. That is supposed to help. I guess we will see.

thingringer – It is a lot easier to set achievable goals such as 10lbs at a time; then reward yourself with a NSV – such as clothes, shoes, art supplies, or anything you enjoy doing. Let us know what you prefer to be called, a location (general or specify) and something about yourself and family and hobbies.

Dana – Dolly is ‘cute’. Does that sign say: Bigfoot area? Is that an area that will never be built on? We had that in Albany, about 15 acres of a wetland behind our house. All the neighborhood boys played out there. One year I came home and someone had a fire going and it was pretty large; I walked back there in my work clothes and found that the older teens (15) were having a party and smoking. I called the Fire Department and reamed these boys out, because they had been running off the younger kid; and, told them that there was probably 2 or 3 million dollars’ worth of houses that backed up to the woods and it was too dry to be having a fire. One of the boys begged me not to tell his parents and I told him it would not be something I did; the firemen would. They got sufficiently reprimanded and they never came back. So Louis and a couple of other Dads of the younger ones went out and dug a ditch all the way around the place they could burn and it also gave them a place to sit down.

If anyone could go ‘kick her @$$’Pip would and could do it. Or run over her with her bike.

Heather – One thing I have found out to be true; is you sometimes have to prevent or remove yourself from a stressful relationship. Sounds like this lady does have some mental issues. That is what prevents me from having a decent relationship with DDnL#1 – she can be so critical of everybody, including my son. But, she also gets involved with friends and family and I have told her that I would ‘kick her @$$ if she ever posted anything about us; and, I had ways of finding out about it, too. Louis and I don’t understand ‘how she knows the things she does’; but, apparently they aren’t willing to stop putting their personal business out there for all to see.
    Our DOS and DDnL#1 filed for bankruptcy and had a ‘huge’ fight about it a few weeks back. She was upset that ‘everybody thought it was because of her’ and son said, ‘basically, it is’. Actually, both of them were, she for not paying bills she had maxed out; and, him for not stopping her. Quitting her job without saying anything to him until he came home that afternoon was pretty much a ‘stupid’ thing to have done. She had talked about quitting and I had told her ‘not until you have another one to go to the following Monday’. She went without a pay check for a little more than 4 months; and, they took one helluva hit because of it.

Lenora
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Been to another deep water class. The teacher on Thursday loves doing all cardio so it was a great workout. My doctor is working on the prescription issue. Meanwhile I have 2 weeks of pills (paid for by insurance) Time will tell if they let me keep my sanity or not. Had a wonderful conversation with my son. He and DDIL are wanting to be supportive and helpful. Helping me with house clean out, selling some antiques/old fashioned treasures, and helping me move if that ends up my decision. They are so tender hearted. I have never burdened him with problems like this before but this one is so major he needed to know. I'm glad I told him. He just wants me "to be happy". Right now I don't know what could ever bring me happiness. It seems so impossible right now!

Oh, my I sound as gloomy as the Tennessee weather today!

Lanette - appreciate the bee pictures.

Re - Yeah for you! Congrats!

Dana - Dolly is a doll.

Katla - sorry about the landscaping situation. Pip's got your back!

Heather - too bad hubby's cricket event didn't go as planned for him,

Meg - thinking of you and hoping your health situation is resolved soon.

DJ - I missed you. Welcome back!

Working today 4-9. Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

TNToni

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. I hate upsetting my nice friends and I do care about my difficult friend, but I am choosing, right now, not to be around her.
    I spent some time on Google looking up "tax exile " and the result of a recent judgement in court on the matter. There should be "a distinct break from social and family ties in the UK" and "the UK should not be the centre of gravity of his life and interests". Well, he lives in Gibraltar, (a tax haven), but buying property in the UK in the names of his wife and children does not seem to me to be compliant.
    DH had a long chat with me about it and I realised that my blow up with my friend was to do with the fact that her behaviour and thwarted reasoning reminded me of my mother. I used to blow up at my mum occasionally because she was such a moaner and so illogical about it. (Plus of course I blamed her for all the abuse I suffered) I can't stand to hear people moaning on and then never doing anything to change things, let alone being associated with dodgy characters and being blind to it.
    I will just say to my friends that, for the moment, I don't have it in me to be peaceable around her. Life changes all the time, so who knows about the future.

It's all pretty exhausting, but I haven't had another drink, nor gone over my calories, despite eating a posh lunch. o:):D

My cleaner's father collapsed just as she was about to come here and she's gone off with him to hospital. Don't know how he's doing. I've known her for six years so we are quite close.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    B) Yup- just call me the *kitten* kicker!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    DJ ~ Prayers said for your daughter and the great dane.

Toni ~ So sorry you are having troubles in your life. I sincerely hope you will make a decision that is right for you.

Dolly ~ You are so cute!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Becca, love that “May the 4th be with you!” Absolutely. I thought your DH looked dashing in that turban – hope he’s not in too much pain. And hope you are recovering OK from you blood donating and busy day yesterday.

I am sad and PO’ed for those of you who are having problems with doctors and medical insurance.

Toni, you have been on my mind! Glad the doc was able to get you 2 more weeks of your medicine. That is totally uncalled for…. Since when does some bureaucrat in an insurance office get to dictate how much of it you get? Also am glad your son is so supportive and understanding, what a wonderful stress-reliever to know that. ((hugs))).

Lenora, sounds like you are having quite a time with “inept” medical stuff. I know there are many very good clinics with top-notch professional employees who do their jobs right w/o giving attitude. Wish they were all that way. Sounds like Louis is a good urologist now, and that’s great!

Meg, ((((hugs))))) to you and the situation with DH. I am sorry about your medical worry – I had the bleeding and ultrasound about five years ago, ended up with a D&C and no more problems. Crossing fingers it’s nothing serious. The pre-op nurse told me that women have bleeding all the time and most often it's nothing to worry about. That being said, if I have bleeding when I’m in my 70’s and 80’s, it likely is something serious.

Sharon - good gravy! What do they expect a person to do? So you don’t get any care while your own doc is gone? It seems there aren’t a lot of docs taking new patients in our county, and if they are they are put with physician assistants or nurse practitioners. And I found out that there are very few docs in our poor county who take Medicaid anymore (low-income patients) and the ones that do have a waiting list.

Yvonne – Health issues compiled with money issues is the worst! Was the $5000 for the colonoscopy going to be all out of pocket for you? Were they going to do it for a reason or the “preventative” procedure? Next time mine is due I’m going to ask for the “poo” one which is non-invasive – they check for blood in the stool sample. Kind of squeamish taking the sample I guess but better than drinking liquid plumber. Found out too that not all insurances cover it and even that one is over $500…. My direct care doctor will do it for about $40. I keep hearing that more and more docs are leaving the insurance world and turning to direct care practices. I hope the politicians can agree on something that will help you.

Katla – good luck with the HOA harpie and I think Karen is right on. We have covenants in our little subdivision where everyone is supposed to maintain certain house colors and styles within guidelines, keep the lawns mowed, no broken-down cars, clotheslines, chickens or pigs or loud dogs. All in our neighborhood agreed to relax that a little – keep up the places as best we can and otherwise, live and let live. Have a clothesline and keep a couple hens if you want tucked away behind the house. We only pay road maintenance dues so to enforce the covenants would be a civil or possibly criminal action – if someone was cooking meth or equivalent. Civil action would mean those of us who felt strongly enough about someone painting their house the wrong color would have to fork over the $$ out of our own pockets to hire an attorney. Those of you who pay HOA dues have that to pay for enforcement if I understand it correctly.

Karen, glad you worked out a deal on the access path to everyone’s liking.

Pip, hang out your *kitten* kicking shingle! You’ll have more business than you’ll know what to do with – and I know you’ll do a good job. Strong leg muscles from all that bicycling!!

Dana, Dolly gets cuter every time I see her. Glad the floods aren't impacting your place but so heartbreaking, there's nothing a person can do except get out of the way. Hopefully once the rain stops the water will recede quickly.

Tomatoes are out in the shade again for a while…. Weatherman talked about severe thunderstorms this afternoon at 1:30 pm, possibly 1” hail and much cooler tomorrow. I keep looking at the weather satellite image and don’t see anything except off the Oregon coast so perhaps the weatherman isn’t having an “AF” day today, lol.

The house is staying cool enough – the HVAC guy will be out next Wednesday. We had one we fired a couple years ago as well. This new guy and company is very good so looking forward to him going over the system. It’s only 10 years old…if we had the $$ we’d get a ductless one put in and do away with the big noisy compressor. Something for the wish list.

Lanette
    SW WA State where DH is finishing the mowing before the T-storms hit!

• coastalgosgal
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well bandages are off and its not bad at all! He has the case of "sticky head" though. Just dabbed it clean, and put petroleum jelly on it. He is a tough cookie.

I have attacked my sons room, putting stuff in boxes to donate to a family up the street with 7 kids! Stuff like school supplies, crayons, kids scissors. Then I took everything he's tacked on the walls and put in a pile. The pile is presently in a bottom drawer of his desk. He can go thru that between now and end of July. I brought in the box we will be sending to him when he starts his schooling after bootcamp. So he has to decide what to entertain himself when he has time, and those items will go in that box. Then there are items to pack that, when he gets stationed somewhere, we will send to him. Childhood stuff is last, and I have no problems saving a box or two, but more than that, its a storage unit thing. We pay first month, then its on him. So he has a bare looking room, but I have done that for the other two, and they need to get used to the starkness of a room. Harsh but that's how I roll.

Ohhh just heard thunder!
    Take care all!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Kkk
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    The stark room!
    a55sovp14nzo.jpg
    8vcy1xnw4bql.jpg
    Aren't I a meany???
    Becca

Sad news for me. I was typing to a friend about the cat that lived at the nudist resort, and he stated that he had passed away. Such a character. Here are some of Charlie from the resorts Facebook page. He was part lion, very exotic, all male, but meowed to you a blue streak. He had his particulars. He loved the shower area, and would get on the counters to drink from a stream of water (that you had to turn on just right) at the sink. Rest in peace my nudiust cat!
    ckz0rvm2uq36.jpg
    fn4r2kzpbdsz.jpg
    tvaf39kv2hpc.jpg

Becca
    Oregon

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Becca fierce looking kitty. When is your son graduating from H.S.?? NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sarah - I will be thinking of you. What a stressful situation. <3

Yvonne - We have a lot of problems with our NHS and funding, but at least all treatment is free. You never have to wonder if you can afford it before you go to the doctor. Awful that you can't afford investigation. What a dilemma!

DJ - Pleased your cruise went well. We have paid for ours today and we are looking forward to it in August. Hope all goes well with your daughter. <3

Off tomorrow for another posh meal. :o I've looked at the menu and think I've found some items that don't pile on the calories. Mainly fishy. :D I will have one small spritzer. :) Then DH wants to buy me something to wear on the cruise. How sweet is that! <3 Can't believe it's 14 years since we met on Saturday. It still feels like a new and fresh relationship.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx