WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    trying to gulp down a cup of tea..then wash my hair and go get Taliah on the bus.. today will be busy at work.. I am assisting today and the Dr has a double root canal, she takes an hour and a 1/2 to do one ,I missed lunch friday because of one, and will have to bring stuff to snack on as I know I will miss it again today..
    Claudia the Office Manager wanted each of us to write down what we do at work.. mine was rather extensive. She also ticked off Mary by taking her responsibilities for our clock in and paychecks away.. and was ticked off.
    Claudia is my daughters age, and I am a bit worried about how she will run this office..but I need a job so I just stay quiet and do my work..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked the forum in a couple of days, so will work my way through slowly.

Katla: The price of the glasses and checkup sound like highway robbery! It doesn't seem right that essential medical items should be so expensive!

Janetr Hope the sinus infection has improved!

Jane in Kent Hope you get some relief from the knee pain! Your daughter's hair is beautiful!

Heather: Very familiar with "Vin Jaune"; one of my best friends is from the area in the Jura mountains where it is produced.

Machka: Your cycling is inspirational!

Lisa: Beautiful car!

Mia: Congratulations on making the 5K run!

The second round of the French elections were last night. We have been getting together with friends for years to celebrate the results when they are posted at 8 pm. Our views cover a wide political spectrum, so there is usually someone who is happy. I was pleased that I was able to make some good choices and still come in under my calorie goal for the day. Asking for half a glass of wine each time helped a lot!

- Leigh in France
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kelly That adorable Mia is Janetr's great-grandchild. She is a doll.

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    machta - you don't need to tell me that the perimenaupause stage lasts forever. I think I was probably in it for a few years. I'd go almost a year with no period and then, bammm....

I haven't missed a period yet. :( 6 years in perimenopause going through every other symptom ... but I still have my periods every 3 weeks or so. Sometimes even more frequently.

I did, however, get all excited when I went about 37 days without a period a couple months ago.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ You look way too young to be a great grandmother.

Before & After Pics ~ You all look so well. You should be so proud of yourselves for all the hard work you have done and what you accomplished.

Becca & Kelly ~ Wow! What busy bees you have been. If I get my house vacuumed and the kitchen mopped, I feel like I have accomplished a lot. Bathrooms ~ I can clean the sinks & toilets, but, then the tubs really pose a problem as it is hurtful to my knees to get down and scrub.

Azaleas ~ I need to find out about cutting them back. Last summer's drought did a job on mine. They have so many dead places and bare bottoms. My husband planted these across the front and they have always been lovely in the Spring. Not this year.

We went to my grandson's baseball game on Saturday (they won) and then to La Parilla for Mexican. I had a large burrito that had a lot of lettuce and tomatoes with it so didn't feel so bad. But, I also had two frozen margaritas which I adore. :#:)

I have decided that I want to grow my hair out again but dread how it is going to look in the process.

Carol in GA

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    - Leigh in France - Thank you Leigh. After three full days on the antibiotics I am beginning to feel better.

Our grandson left this morning for the Navy for basic training. He will eventually train in Air Traffic Control. They had a going away party for him Friday night but I did not feel up to going. I insisted Jack go without me He stopped by last evening to give me a hug before the recruiter came to pick him up. I did shed a few tears. They grow up so quickly.

Janetr okc
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have been really busy with grandkids and volunteer groups. I did have a bit of fun for self time though. DH and i spent 3 wweks south of the border this past wjnter, it was fun, but i missed the kids, so maybe i am nor ready for "going south for the winter" .

Two scrapbooking retreats in April. And even managed to have my bookkeeping all caught up for all the groups I volunteer with.

I guess I am settling in to retirement. I just have to remember that " yes, I can do it tomorrow but at least remember to do it"..... yup....having good memory issues!!!!

Have a great day everyone
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Michele wow - you inspire me! I'm quite certain I couldn't plank for 5 sec. Right now all I can do is walk and ride the stationary bike but I'm hoping to add some calisthenics in the not so distant future. The stuffed cabbage your friend made don't sound like mine...I do a ratio of at least half meat, if not more and stuff them as much as I can while and still able to wrap them. But the real secret is adding worchestershire sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice to the tomatoes/tomato sauce. It makes them so tangy and flavorful. These are a favorite "diet food" choice but too much work to do all the time.

Mia you inspire me too - Always felt like it would be an amazing accomplishment to do a 5K. Great work on your race!

Sarah congrats on onederland - what an achievement! You must be so pumped up!

Kate - I agree how does everyone remember everything that's going on for everyone?? I'm more than hopeless.

Karen - great willpower. Restaurant and party food always derails me too - easier just to abstain sometimes and cook at home.

Sharon - what do you write?

Another day another dollar - if I get my butt into the office soon. So it's off to the grind and catch up some more later

Renee in Chicagoland