Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)
    I got an ironic chuckle out of myself today. It came with a thought that drifted up as I sat on the couch folding clean laundry ... I was folding the stuff and absently watching TV and letting my mind drift because neither the TV nor the laundry needed much attention. I thought "I'm hungry, gotta think about eating after these clothes are folded".
    The next thought that popped up was "I'd love some Chinese or Mexican food ... I can have either within 15 minutes via my car". Then "Ooh, it's chilly and raining outside, I don't want to go out, besides, I should cook something"
    Then "Wait, you shouldn't be hungry, you finished breakfast not 2 hours ago!" ... And then those thoughts just kind of mulled about in my head like laundry in the washer ... round and round and over and under; slosh, slosh, slosh.

Actually, the 'problem' was not wanting some of that good restaurant food, The problem was that for a while I was frozen in limbo, unable to make a decision about what to do. Thankfully that inability to decide stretched into a couple more hours. Then I marched myself into the kitchen and made a big lunch. And now I'm as stuffed as the little porker was who ended up being sacrificed so I could have a chop for lunch. Thank you, little piggie. I <3 you.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A quiet day here....I'm going to do some reading for pleasure today...I hope...
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sunday share. Wow, @birgitkwood so glad you are home and well. Will keep you In my prayers. I seem to have a lot of "nervous" energy that I didn't have before. I can't sit still. I am 100 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight, 50 down since my surgery. I went with my oldest this morning to kick a soccer ball around. I grew up playing and was a bit better than ok as a player. I had a ball, the boy was gracious and played to my speed. Almost an hour of movement and juggling on turf is exhausting! Fun, so amazed at the change. I don't want to waste this incredible gift.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @birgitkwood So happy to hear your good news! That is positively GREAT news!
    @pneschich Ditto, guy. So happy for your incredible gift! I just smile ear to ear everytime you give us an update!

I went on a peanut butter feast tonight. It's like crack! If I didn't need it for my protein shakes I would ban it from the house. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. I knew better than to take the first bite! Tomorrow I will be spending extra time in the gym being very penitent!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @sand86802 - thanks for the update. That's positively inspirational

@pneschich - I know just how you feel re all that extra energy. That's what made me start running instead of walking. Weird, isn't it? Enjoy your new found freedom!

Have a great week, Everyone!
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin- struggling this past week with stress and anxiety which is causing depression. All of which was/has me making not so good food choices more than once, but still managed to stay mostly in calorie range. But any exercise I did manage was off set by very low step days = less than 3000. To battle the stress and anxiety I have been hugging my cup of chamomile, lavander and lemon balm tea. This adds 20 cal worth of honey with every cup so to keep from stressing that I have deemed them medically necessary, like cough syrup, so they don't count!!!! Feeling some better this morning so going to get back on track with making sure I drink my water, taking my fiber and making the best food choices it can.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)
    I opened up this week with a positive attitude that I will be continue to escalate the little goals I've made on my 'Count Down" List ... count down to a big family reunion on Father's Day. Out of town company coming! lots, lots, lots to do before I can host overnight guests. This is a good incentive to be way more active.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Just muddling along today, it feels like. Still struggling with fatigue issues, some of which are outside of my control--but some aren't. Case in point: I stayed up til nearly 2 this morning trying to finish some online shopping before a particular sale ended. Eventually I decided that I didn't need any of those things in my shopping cart as badly as I needed a good night's rest. Sigh. I wish I had thought of that four hours previously!

Anyway, here's to a new week. I am going to take things one day at a time, with regard to my goals. As long as I get out for a walk today with the kiddos (and it looks to be a beautiful day) I am going to count today as a success. And tonight--no more online shopping! :smiley: Bedtime by 11!

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,883 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin- i have been sliding back but all hope is not lost. Just keep swimming swimming swimming.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: I normally don't work on Sundays, but I got called in yesterday for a 5 hour shift. I was exhausted afterward. Hadn't had hardly anything to eat yesterday, and grabbed a bag of tortilla chips and salsa (only way I can manage tomatoes, onions and peppers). Needless to say, that salt gave me a gain that I'm not thrilled about. Stupid scale said I gained 2 pounds over night, so I'm pretty sure it's water weight.

Also, I haven't been sleeping well. 2 weeks in the recliner and now a half week in bed, but waking up every few hours and not feeling comfortable is wearing me down. I really just want to crawl back in bed.

Glad to be back home, but I look around at everything to unpack and feel a little overwhelmed. It's hard to find places for everything.

Ok, I think I'm going to try to nap. Good luck everyone!!
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: I went out 3 times this weekend. 2 of those times I kept my meals in the 500 range with mostly veggies :D One of them was 800+. I still diligently logged it and stayed under my calorie goal. I'm proud i was able to have a full week without guilt. I just kept in mind what I could eat for the day and followed through.
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: This week the yoyo of the same 5 pounds will hopefully stop!! I've picked up a new nutrition plan from a friend of mine (anyone heard of the Tone It Up program?) I started their pre-planned 8 week nutrition plan today. I was anticipating being crazy hungry since the portions are light and there just didn't seem like much food. But halfway through the day and my hunger hasn't gotten the better of me yet. Being busy at work helps too!!

It's been pouring rain here in Ottawa (Canada's capital), setting records for rainfall since mid-April. A lot of neighbourhoods along the river are suffering from flooding, federal/provincial offices closed, states of emergency in outlying townships, military sent in to help. In my neighbourhood, a berm (within 1 ft of being breached) is the only thing keeping water from flooding houses. Emergency command centre was set up all day yesterday with buses in case of evacuation. I am happy to be on high ground but am nervous for those who aren't.

Despite the crappy weather (which was followed up by snow this morning...) I got out an ran 5K in the pouring rain on Saturday. The path that I usually run is along the river and in some locations I was running through flowing water over the pathway. Don't think I will be doing that again until the water level lowers. But I did determine that I love running in the rain. It was almost as though there was a veil around me. I didn't even have music going (as I normally would) and I seemed to have way more motivation to keep going (maybe the prospect of being home and dry...). I think I will be running in the rain again!
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Monday check in

I cooked dinner on May 8th for a birthday party. That way I was able to control what to eat and what to avoid. I would not have had such reserve if someone else made it, as i always want to sample everything. Also managed to say no to birthday cake and punch. I'm so proud :)

As I did have to see if my tater salad tasted right before I served it, I did sample 2 bites 4to adjust my flavors a bit. But I logged it and I am always in a calorie deficit anyways.

Got leftover pulled pork, coleslaw and veggies for a few meals early this week.

Gotta plan and prepare some more meals and snacks though to stay on track and keep me going another week.

After this Wednesdays weigh in I plan to up my calorie intake a bit as I seem to be losing weight too fast and always being in a big deficit. Thought it wiser that I should slow it down a little, as i want this weight loss to be permanent. So I will try to up my carb intake slowly. :p
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in- I won my Step Challenge this past week, so I'm a happy girl. I plan to do that again this week, if they don't stick a major walker in there or someone training for a run, like they sometimes do. I'm aiming for increasing to an average of 10K per day. Right now I'm consistently walking around a 7K minimum with most days in the high 8s and adding more days of 9-10K. The fibromyalgia doesn't let me do too much too soon without increasing my pain level, so it's slow and easy adds, but it's working for me and I'm getting there. The water consumption is going really well and the calorie and sodium goals pretty well.

I'm heading out to do my shopping for this weeks menu and then home to do prep work later after my trip to the Y for my something extra which is going extremely well.
    @cellosmiles -Good for you! That's what I had to do and it is a bit of an adjustment but I feel a lot better! I have to stay in this for life, so it needs to be a program that I can live with and enjoy or I know it won't be permanent.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,883 Member
    Options
    I need to keep myself busy. When I am bored, I eat. How dumb is that!?! In my defense, my pets do the same thing so I must have learned it from them. :lol: j/k
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @gullagr - wow! Please, please be safe!
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I need to keep myself busy. When I am bored, I eat. How dumb is that!?! In my defense, my pets do the same thing so I must have learned it from them. :lol: j/k

I know it sounds stupid but a lot of time if I want to stop myself from grabbing snacks I will grab my old gameboy. Keeps both hands busy. I like colouring and cross stitching. Occupies hands and mind so it is very relaxing!
  • FourLynne62
    FourLynne62 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

I would like to get out of the rut I find myself in these days where exercise is concerned (or should I say the lack of it)....

I want to exercise outdoors...love walking, but unfortunately a few of our neighbors do not adhere to the leash law and I'm afraid of their dogs they allow to roam. I was chased as a young girl a few times and it has impacted me to this day. So, instead of getting trapped into the mind set of "well since I can't exercise outside, guess I just won't do it" mentality...my goal is to break out of this stinking thinking and find a way to make it happen. So, there you go.