Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Annie - with us it is we finally got rain so things that werent blooming well are over-blooming. You may be more aware of it than last year. Dont forget warm compresses at night are comforting. Your week sounds a little like mine - little of this a little of that and a big mess. Hang in there.

QP = weight loss does not make sense, so glad you hung in there to see your reward!!
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I keep reminding myself that weight loss isn't linear. It can get discouraging, but I think I'm on the right track. I am going to pick up a digital food scale when I get paid too. I think that will help me be accurate and accountable.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Someone at work gave me a small box of chocolates with a cute Easter bunny on the package. As I should refrain from caramel with a temp crown, I will abstain from eating any until after my crown is put in 10 days.

Dinner done, time to curl up and read or watch new netflix dvd.

Miss T will be waiting under the Palm Tree for scratches and brushing.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Hi Ladies~~

Almost forgot to stop by! Wow.

I'll be under the Palm Tree borrowing Miss Tillie for a few minutes to brush her. I love doggies!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Stayed up later than usual watching dvd, so I am hoping a little more sleep will help. I know someone who bing watches on netflix online and I am glad I cant, I would be up all hours.

Cooler temps which is welcome as I know summer is not too far away.

Lana - hope you are enjoying the quiet and hope the temps get better.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Today is dinner with my dad (every Thursday night). Again, I've planned out my calories for the night. That seemed to work well last week.

My daughter and I are back to doing the virtual races with Yes.Fit. We did 2 last summer and it was fun. I've been walking 2 miles a day after work. It's been fun. I forgot how much I love walking around our town. We also have a nice park an hour away from us. My daughter walks there and back with me.

I also got a Fit Bit for my anniversary. I want to take it to Chuck E Cheese to see how much I walk following my daughter, because I never play games lol ;)

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Hi everyone! It's my Friday and I'm done 2 hours early today, the weather is beautiful, and I'm feeling fabulous!

Tracking has been going well. I have not checked the scale. Maybe tomorrow. Just really trying to concentrate on eating well and not obsessing over the scale.

Got in great 2.1 mile walk with the dog last night. Slowly but surely my pace is getting better. I wish the weather would stay like this all summer. Soon enough, the heat, humidity, and bugs will be upon us.

Eyes are a bit better today. I think they like the coconut oil around them, even though it also seeps into them from time to time. Makeup doesn't like it as well, though. Need to keep fixing and reapplying.

Much needed and overdue haircut this afternoon and then picking DS up from college tonight.

Great job with planning, qpmomma!

Will check back again later.

Annie

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Everybody,

Feeling really tired and uninspired today. I need a new battery.

Food is going well; exercise is just not happening. Maybe tomorrow I will walk around the house at least. I know that may sound funny, but it is a ranch layout and it is possible to walk in an circle/oval with the way the rooms and hallway are.
    I just don't have the energy yet. Very humid outside, so outside walking won't be happening today.

Tomorrow is another day.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Had to walk both breaks to keep number green today.

Crown is in, so maybe I dont have to wait more than a week to get it taken care of..... playing phone tag with lady who makes appts for my dentist.

Reading and knitting on tap. Dinner is frozen, so I am getting things done on computer before I tackle that.

Walking anywhere counts Lana - walk your house as much as you need to!

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

Dentist has my crown - do I want to come in sooner? Phone tag time.

Food and exercise have been better this week, so that is encouraging.

Missy/Dawn hope you are doing well. Annie hope your day at the hair salon went well. QP, keep up the walking and Lana - do what exercise you can.

Oatmeal almost done. Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Friday! I did really well at dinner last night. Today I am working then I plan on doing a walk then game night.

Have a good day, all!
  • sebalisveris
    sebalisveris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've just joined the group.
    Today I got my gym membership and planned my weight loss journey. It'll be hard to cut my lovely carb intake but it's gonna worth it, right?! :|
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Hey everyone, I've just joined the group.
    Today I got my gym membership and planned my weight loss journey. It'll be hard to cut my lovely carb intake but it's gonna worth it, right?! :|

Hello and welcome! :)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Friday!

Welcome to sebalisveris! What's your name? That user name is a mouthful! LOL! Congrats on your gym membership and the beginning of your WLJourney.

Hello to QP and Missy and Dawn and Annie and Sara!

Sara - did you get an appointment for your new crown?

I hope everyone survives the day. My surprise of the day is that my next door neighbor brought in a tree company to cut off the dead branches from my oak that overhang his property. I am so grateful, because he is paying for it! Hoping also my tree doesn't lose its balance and fall over. Crossing fingers.

Leftover pork chop and big salad planned for dinner.

The Cabana Boys are planning quite the Happy Hour today, complete with Zero Point cocktails and treats. Extra brushing for all of the doggies.

*flopping onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Bags of preemie hats will be back in my possession. My connection to the hospital broke and I will have to find another. At least I will get them back to try again.

I will be learning how to knit a dinosaur hat for a baby present. A little more challenging and colorful.

Tired, will hang out with Lana at the poolside .

Hope everyone had a good day.
  • Kelseyreyne
    Kelseyreyne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a serial starter hoping this is the time I break the cycle! I'm feeling very motivated and I haven't let many of the road blocks turn into excuses. I tend to do well for a couple of weeks, the fall hard off the wagon HARD. Hoping that surrounding myself with a supportive and motivating community will help me pull through and turn this into a lifestyle!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed more sleep for me?? Hope so. Hot water going for hot water bottle. Tad chilly this am.

Kelsey - welcome! Stop by and post when you can.

Lady I met online through WW and the FB page that the group uses now is in Hospice. We all asked for address to send a card. I have some pretty bird/flower cards that are blank inside.

Errands and then home. Made 4 dinosaur spikes last night in orange and light purple. Thinking of making hat dark purple. We shall see.

Water just stopped boiling, so I will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara -
    Waves to all who stop by later. Welcome to Kelsey~~

Sara, the dinosaur hat baby present is for a specific baby, or is it something new in your repertoire for the charitable work you do? We would love to see a photo of it!

Yesterday a beautiful, but dead, fully grown red-bellied woodpecker dropped out of a pine tree right outside of my kitchen window; I saw it fall when I just happened to be looking out the window--weirdest thing ever. I went outside to check on it, but it was definitely dead. I wonder what happened? I will never know. Nature is weird.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana -

dinosaur hat is for a coworker who loved dinosaurs - here in CA if we see dead birds we call the animal control for West Nile Virus testing......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Nice nap with dog curled up in blanket. Chili with cheese on top of baked potato. Have enough calories for hot chocolate later.

Found out the box of chocolate someone gave me this week has 12 pieces. Boy am I glad I made myself wait until after my crown is put in next Saturday.....

Not sure if I will fly by before lights out, so I wish all an early good night.