Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Sara - I feel like a typical city-slicker stump-brain. I wish I knew about these things--dead birds and west nile. I flung the poor critter into the brambles/english ivy in the "wild" overgrown section near my house. Darn. If ever there is a next time, I will know better. Thanks!

I hope you have a good evening. Getting ready for bed here....

See you all tomorrow~

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon hard on Thursday night and yesterday. Today was a bit better, but still didn't really track. Tomorrow will do my best with supper at in-law's for Mother's Day. I did get in nearly 15,000 steps today with running errands and going on a 2 mile walk. Not ready to throw in the towel yet. The first part of the week was really good and tracking went fine. Just need to get back to that and again try to stick with it through the weekend! Wanted a margarita tonight but DH said no - being supportive of not doing more damage. I appreciate that. That was when I went for the 2 mile walk instead.

Time to put my feet up and relax....after I put in one more load of laundry!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed a little later than usual but she is taken care of.

Happy Mother's Day - I will miss the extra crowd at the grocery store with any luck as I go really early.

Will be using turnips (really small) and radishes in salad mix I bought and add extra leaves of baby lettuce - got fruit/veg box yesterday (delivered to wrong place).

Quiche making today (broccoli, onion and mushroom) - and will hard boil eggs for work snacks.

Extra sleep first.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Happy Mother's Day!

It is another Sunday down here with no scale.
    Will weigh in on Wednesday once I'm back in NYC.

I need to advance another step into more seriously cutting out the junkier foods I still have been allowing myself. That and try to get some exercise. I have gotten zero exercise over the past week here in NC.

Where has Missy been? Just wondering because a big Nor'easter came through yesterday and still over New Hampshire and Maine and some of Massachusetts.

Sun is out here, birds are chirping loudly!
    BBL

Lana

Today: unknown
    ATHigh: 248-ish?
    Goal: 185, maybe 175?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Man at store dropped his vase of flowers in the parking lot. The first thing I said was " I didnt do it", I have been dropping things all morning..... he actually was picking up pieces of glass while I went in to get someone with a broom.... Men should learn to buy flowers on days other than Mother's Day and Valentines day because they raise the prices....... Just a thought.

Usually do my prep work in the morning, but I am making quiche so I will bake sweet potatoes/ crust and then quiche in the afternoon.

Found out (phew) I dont have to do laundry. So a quiet morning reading/knitting and dvd.

Lana - Missy is probably so busy with her new job.

We cant seem to keep good workers in our department, what a shame. Lady who is leaving for a temp job for a competitor left 2 week notice to keep door open.

Hope you mother's have a good day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Day went out the door when the left side of my face fell asleep and while on hold for the advice nurse my heart pounded too hard. 911 and 7 hours in er (took my knitted shawl for comfort!! and kept me warm). Ruled out stroke - will take tomorrow off so I can contact pcp and I am exhausted. Amazing how doing nothing is exhausting. I had too many things hooked up to me to knit if I wanted to. Found out my emergency # for my dog was worthless and just got off phone with groomer who will gladly help if needed. I hope everyone had a good mothers day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Had many extra calories left on book, that is a first.

Called into Sup last night, taking today off to see if I can see pcp after yesterday's adventure.

Dog is taken care of so more sleep for me.

BBL.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Monday. I am home with a sick kid.

That's about it. I have zero motivation to do anything. My only goal today is to keep within my calorie limit.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - please let us know you are ok... good you didn't put off getting help, no matter what...

Qp- no sick kid here... but, also zero motivation... just exhausted..

Hope everyone had a great weekend...
    Have a good day
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

Sara - please let us know how you are doing. How scary! I hope you find answers.

Weekend wasn't a complete trainwreck. Scale shows no movement since May 5th.

Got an email from one of my best high school friends saying she will be in MN visiting at the end of June/early July. Ladies, I have 6 weeks to drop 8-10 lbs! I have to be hard core. Not that my friend really cares about my weight, but I have a complex about it since she had weight-loss surgery and looks pretty amazing. So, here I go!

Weekend was beautiful here. Spent time with my kids and hubby. Bought and planted several different varieties of flowers in my flower bed. Still need to pick up a few more to fill in some bare spots. DH seems to be getting things lined up to have our sprinkler system installed. Almost wishing we weren't doing that now as my car needs the brakes repaired and DH needs to crowns. We have been spending a bit of $$$ on fun things lately and now I wish I had been saving more. This will have to extend our timeline to paying off our car.

There are rumors swirling around the State about a possible government shutdown if our legislature and our governor cannot come to an agreement about the budget. I don't think my job would be impacted because the college system has traditionally been exempt from shutdowns. BUT - I am also union now and I wasn't the last time. So, not sure if I'd have to stay out due to "not crossing the picket lines"? Will have to do some research.

Got good news that my mom and stepdad may come and visit from Georgia in late May/early June. The trip is more to see their aging mothers (my grandma (who I was very close with) and my step-grandma (who I was never close with)) who seem to be fading away pretty quickly now with dementia. Both are in their late-80s and early-90s, so not to be unexpected. But still hard.

I'd better get back to work. Will lurk.

Annie

Today's weight: 154.2
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145.0
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Called pcp booked through next week. May also take tomorrow off as I had Wednesday scheduled. Right now the hardest thing is handling the anxiety of the "unknown", so I will be trying hard to distract myself as I wait...... not too easy.

See dentist Saturday to put crown in - wonder if this is jaw / dental related?? I will make sure to keep him in the loop. Then eat part of the box of chocolates I have been saving.

Called my sup to make sure she was at work and that my call last night was received. I now have my new Sup - starts next week extension.

Annie - govt budget and shutdowns - what to say? Lets hope it doesnt come to that. Think of all the extra walking you can do!!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - waiting is always the worst... dental work connection....hmmmm... maybe yer onto something there... hope you are right and it's nothing serious...

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Got apt with pcp for Wednesday right after pedicure ( I make pedicure and hair apts one month in advance). Might mess up toenails, but that's okay. I dont want to go into dr office in flip flops.

I had Wednesday scheduled off last month, decided to take tomorrow off as well. Most of today was spent wrapped up in blanket with dog. Not a lot of extra energy - decided to take care of my health. Will make quiche tomorrow, eating frozen lasagna for dinner. Not sure where I am eating all of my calories that normally make me use walking calories - I had extra today - also forgot to weigh myself. Didnt WW have "bye" weeks?? Maybe some tweeking on my normal eating is needed??

Dino hat too big for baby, almost fits me - so put the spikes on it. Some kid having chemo might enjoy it!

Wishing all a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara--I don't know what to say! Holy cow. Sending big hugs and healing vibes your way. I'm getting here too late today. Traveling tomorrow. Will check in w you when I can. Hang in there w Tillie.

All you other ladies--see you tomorrow. Take care of yourselves :*

Sleep now.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Another quiet day here, dog will be wanting the chair to herself soon....Dog up and fed. Hot water boiling for hot water bottle - will get more sleep.

Watching Upstairs Downstairs dvd set and sleeping as needed. I will call pedicure lady to see if I can go 15 min sooner to allow more polish drying time tomorrow - otherwise baking potatoes and making quiche is my list for day.

Back for more sleep. Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Just stopping by. I am on Jenny Craig but use MFP to track. I also have WW and follow Danica's Daily. LOL What can I say, sometimes you gotta try multiple routes! Anyway, I decided to check out Community and saw the title Serial Starters and LOVED IT!! That is sooooooo on point for me!!

My short story....topped out at 305 lbs and had gastric bypass back in 2002. Did great...with the GP and a personal trainer I got down to 145! Kept it off for 7-8 years, but when I had to move and change jobs ....well, life and stress took over. So for the last 5-8 years I fight these darn 50-60 lbs that come and go. lol Currently I'm at 196 and trying to get down to 160. Not sure if I will ever see 145 again because I was a lot younger and in athletic shape with my trainer's help. But who knows...I never say never. :-)

Hope you don't mind the "book". Just wanted to introduce myself. You all seem like a great group. Will stop by again. Have an awesome day!
  • PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Would help if I signed my name....Patti :-)
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Why can't I stop eating chocolate? Ugh
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Patti!!!

Dawn! What's going on that's driving the chocolate? (...Lana asked with chocolate ice cream on her chin.)

Sara - How are you doing? Did that symptom with your face come and go away, or is it still around? Worried about you.

Waving to Annie and QP.

BBL