Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    Yup, Central TX (Bastrop) but work in Austin. You? Never even knew they had a green chili stew, sounds awesome! Oh yes, and I bought a bottle of the sauce today!

League City. I Have a small stash of the carry out ones. If i need a bbq fix I go with the turkey, usually. Sometimes brisket high sodium but I'm usually quite low in sodium.
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: To continue working on my health after losing the 20 pound challenge :( I lost 16 so im proud for that so I am not letting it discourage me <3
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal...

Magically hit my 10k step goal...i am only at 2.5k so far today....

Got a few walks to go. Hope its not raining too hard. :p
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

pneschich wrote: »
    League City. I Have a small stash of the carry out ones. If i need a bbq fix I go with the turkey, usually. Sometimes brisket high sodium but I'm usually quite low in sodium.
    Huh, I have family in Missouri City not far from you. Yes, well I am having a real problem keeping to the low sodium diet - boss brought sandwiches, chips, and cookies today, and even though I just had one sandwich and 2 cookies :( it kicked me over for the day by more than 300 mg. And I'm not even halfway through my day so I know I'm going to be even higher for the day. GRRRRRRR!!!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Mermaid princes Rach- I sometimes buy a bar of 90% chocolate, divide it up into serving sizes and hide most of it in the freezer. I keep one serving accessible. Having to really dig for more will sometimes make me think twice about what I am doing. And I savour each bite of the allocated piece
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ready for summer 10 week challenge

Name Jo
    Age 47
    Height 161 centimetres about 5 foot 3

Start weight (week of April 19) 91kgs / 200.6 lbs
    Goal weight (Saturday July 1) 85 kgs / 187 lbs

Weigh in week of:
    April 26 91 kgs / 200.6 lbs
    May 3 197.1
    May 10 194.4
    May 17 193.5
    May 24
    May 31
    June 7
    June 14
    June 21
    June 28
    July 1

Weight +/- this week .9 lbs
    Weight +/- total 7.1 lbs

not great this week, but better than nothing. :)
    i just get frustrated because I am taking care with my calories and I am up from Sunday and I get a bit impatient with daily fluctuations.
    Good luck to everyone this week!

• newjax2017
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach I cannot do it either... I know if I buy the chocolate I do not stick to the allotted portion.
    I did that Friday............ told myself 4 squares, and had the whole bar. then Kept away from real food for the rest of the day , which is probably the worst thing i could do.
    tldr: I cannot buy chocolate, I have to do it cold turkey... and (unfortunately) maybe you are like me.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Name: Helene
    Height: 5'4

SW: 276.4
    GW: <260 (that would be my lowest weight since 2012!)

April 26: 276.4
    May 3: 275.2
    May10: 272
    May 17: 274.2
    May 24:
    May 31:
    June 7:
    June 14:
    June 21:
    June 28:
    July 1:

Weight +/- this week: +2.2
    Weight +/- total: -2.4

As predicted, bad food choices this weekend + Aunt Flo's visit this week = my first recorded gain in a challenge. I know it's temporary and it will come off soon enough but I am still disappointed.
  • dmorrical
    dmorrical Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Name: Desi
    Height: 5'5

Start Weight (week of April 19): 333
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 313

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26 -330.6
    2. May 3 -323.8
    3. May 10 -322.6
    4. May 17 -320.8
    5. May 24 -
    6. May 31 -
    7. June 7 -
    8. June 14 -
    9. June 21 -
    10. June 28 -
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: 1.8 lbs
    Weight -/+ total 12.2 lbs

Wishing I was dropping more each week. Need to step up the exercise I guess.
  • dmorrical
    dmorrical Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    newjax2017 wrote: »
    @MermaidPrincessRach I cannot do it either... I know if I buy the chocolate I do not stick to the allotted portion.
    I did that Friday............ told myself 4 squares, and had the whole bar. then Kept away from real food for the rest of the day , which is probably the worst thing i could do.
    tldr: I cannot buy chocolate, I have to do it cold turkey... and (unfortunately) maybe you are like me.

I found a snack from Craft called Trios. They have several different kinds, but the one I like has dried cherries, cheddar cheese, and dark chocolate. That helps with my chocolate craving for the day and is already portioned out for me so I don't have to worry about over doing it.
  • newjax2017
    edited May 2017
    Options
    thank you dmorrical, a small preportioned snack is a good idea for my lack of will power!
    oh, and 12 .2 pounds is awesome!!!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,883 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Rachael
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 292.3
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): <285.0 (<280 even better but i am cautious due to my failure of the earth day challenge)

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. April 26: 290.8
    2. May 3: 294.8
    3. May 10: 292.8
    4. May 17: 292.3
    5. May 24:
    6. May 31:
    7. June 7:
    8. June 14:
    9. June 21:
    10. June 28:
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.5
    Weight -/+ total: +/-0.0

GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    sand86802 wrote: »
    dmorrical wrote: »
    sand86802 wrote: »
    Tuesday goals: I want to be able to stop eating between meals. I have such a hard time controllig myself lately. A bite of food here and there doesnt show on my diary but it shows on the scale. Despite 3 meals and snacking, I still feel hungry too. I try to consume a lot of protein but it depends on what is at work.

Anyway, the leftover pizza from this weekend is gone so I have no excuse to start anew. And with 2 weeks off coming up, I am setting a goal of at least 1h walking everyday.

Have you tried having 5 to 6 smaller meals instead of just three big ones?

Thing is I cant eat whenever I want. Being at work for 14h I usually have breakfast around 8am, some kind of snack around 11.30, lunch around 1.30 and then the rest of the afternoon is pretty busy so if I am hungry I just grab whatever I can. Then I have dinner when I get home at 8.30.

Thing is when I start snacking it is not uncommon for it to get out of control and the things most available here are cookies and cakes.

Is it possible for you to pre-measure out snacks before you leave for work and take them with you in a lunch bag/cooler?

Some snacky finger foods that you could eat without really worrying about "overeating" : grape tomatoes, celery sticks, slices of green or red peppers, broccoli florets, cauliflower, cucumber spears - I know a lot of people don't like these without "dipping" them in something - take some hummus pre-measured in a container...fat free ranch dressing...use sparingly...

Other things that I like to munch on are chunks of melon. Strawberries are relatively low in calories.

Take pre measured bags of pretzels or crackers - limit to one or two servings leave the rest at home - then you won't be able to eat the entire bag.

Just about any challenge can be overcome with a little planning & thinking outside the box. :)