Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - I think that's what I've begun doing, in the evening...I don't even stop and think... it just goes in my mouth, before I realize what I'm doing... need to stop vegging in front of TV and munchin on everything...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Friend at work I was trying to get into my department told me she got a job within hers, our department's reputation is bad within the company..... which may explain why we cannot fill positions....Wonder if anything will be done?

Oatmeal on- cafe salad for dinner. Dinner is unknown at moment but something frozen most likely.

Just glad its Friday / TGIF. Wave to all who follow.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new here and the description fits me so well. It's my third time around here on MFP and I've lost count how often I tried through other ways, WW, counting calories offline, some crazier stuff. I decided to give it a proper, more relaxed try now. Not be all go-go-go but think things through and not make it too much of a big deal, as I found that that's what made it hard for me to stick with it before.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all. I've been reading back a few pages and you all seem really nice and supportive.
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's Friday! I'm also 3 weeks into this. Woohoo! My goal today is keep drinking water (the heat is brutal).

Have a good day, all!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and happy Friday! Serial starter here. I've started and deleted accounts.... and started over more times than I can count. Lost weight about 7 years ago, kept it off for a few years... then moved and changed my habits, got a new job, etc. Now my biggest downfall is going out to eat and beer. I always always ruin my hard work and really need a kick in the butt. This is such a mental battle - but I am determined to win! So nice to meet you all.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Hi Eyrn! I've found if I say I cannot have something I want it 100x more. I "budget" my calories for eating out now. It's been working so far.

Good luck and welcome! :)
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    qpmomma1 wrote: »
    Hey all! I haven't checked-in in a few days. Yesterday was my anniversary. It was a really tough day as far as eating goes. I went over my calories by 100. It could have been worse. I'm not kicking myself. Today is a new day.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Happy Anniversary!!
    Hi guys! I love how supportive this group is... do you mind if I join you?
    I ate well yesterday but no movement on the scale... I kind of expected it since I lost the last 2 days in a row... Once I get into a groove I won't weigh in every day but it helps me now in the beginning when the scale moves alot :) Happy Friday everyone!!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Welcome new peeps.

Taking my own food on Amtrak today. More calorie control. Better food. Less salty/bready.

I'm visiting w cousin upstate NY. Not to worry if I don't check in. Be back Sunday night

Sara--TGIF is right.
    You should take over your department!
    Or keep your head down, do your work, and be safe. :*

Cabana Boys have special Happy Hour planned for us. ;)

Lana
  • PACO1481
    PACO1481 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice welcome! Weighed in today...lost 1.6lbs! I'll take it! :-)
    Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. TGIF!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Just as I thought... my weight is going back up...I simply am not making good choices... definitely not eating enough... for no good reason, I have stopped logging.. again...I tell myself, every night that I will start walking... then, I have an excuse not to...too hot, raining, tired..I even downloaded the C25K App... haven't even started... all I can say is, I'm good at making excuses and putting things off...I just don't know why I do this... every time I get close to goal, it's like I just give up...I can't even say I do it subconsciously...I think about what I'm doing/ not doing... and, yet, I do it anyway...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I have a feeling I will sleep well....

Welcome new posters x 3 !! I was at work and usually cannot answer - but stop by and post when you can. I sense the need for questions of the week again...... we got off track awhile back and may need to be more focused.

Thank you Lana for the heads up - hope you have a great time - love how you took control of the train ride and your food choices. Feels very powerful doesnt it??

Dawn - okay start now - tomorrow - what is the easiest thing for you to do that is in the direction of healthy eating/weight? Start from there - your gpa stress is high right now, so start slowly.

Box of chocolates waiting for me tomorrow after dental apt, but until then I must behave. Wishing for better meal ideas.... same old same old is getting old.

Did I hear Lana's Palm Tree has a Happy Hour tonight?? I am there and will bring Miss Tillie.

Wishing all a good night.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Dawn - I am with you. Just having trouble staying on track. Do well for a couple of days and then go completely off the rails. Rejoined WW last weekend and it's only been so-so this week. Girlfriends coming to visit in a few weeks and was hoping to lose several lbs but that will not happen if I keep this up. (pizza buffet restaurant tonight for supper.)

The sun will come out tomorrow...
  • iamunicoon
    Options
    Good morning! Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

It's an okay day but I'm fighting the urge to go way overboard with the food intake tonight. Gonna do the grocery run after work and I know I'll do well with that because I've started making actual shopping lists. But the big challenge will be the Chinese takeout place that's conveniently placed right next to the checkout. It's always so easy to say "If I get something here, I won't have to cook and it'll be so long til I'm home and everything's packed away anyway..." It's not even the calories I'm worried about but so.much.sodium.ugh.

To those struggling...I don't have any good advice to offer but I know how you feel. Especially the consciously not doing anything and still not knowing why. It's so frustrating.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed and brain needs more sleep.

Iamunicoon - I make as much of the "Chinese food" as I can - I am thinking of making chicken teriyaki and rice or chicken fried rice for dinners this week.

Dieting is hard, being overweight is hard -- chose your hard. Quote from the WW boards before they went instagram that I found helpful.

Errands, then dentist after lunch. BBL
  • iamunicoon
    Options
    Yes, I'm thinking about making a nice wok dish sometime this week. Thinking of making something not too spicy so I can make enough for two days (I'm too much of a wuss to re-heat something spicy :D ).
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dental visit done, dr thinks it is 95% likely it was my jaw/teeth that caused jaw sensations.... what a relief. Phew. :)

Have another dental apt Monday ( dentist had a cancellation) for a new night guard - that makes a big whopping 2 unscheduled occurrences at work in a year. Being proactive on my health. Tough nuts on the occurrence.

Will look into how to cook chicken for teriyaki - will make tomorrow as I have salad and leftover quiche.

BBL
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    Well, this week is not going to be fun. It's my TOM which means cravings, bloating, and my entire body aching. I'll probably not be on much this week.

I hope everyone has a good week though.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Oh my...I had an incredibly crazy morning! SO was dropping me off at work, and we noticed a window unit, sitting on the ground. The window was in our cat room... it was closed, thankfully. SO left and I went to do a head count... I stopped, dead in my tracks... there was a guy, sleeping in the cat room! Startled and panicked, I stood there in total shock... then, I ran out and called SO and told him to come back! He called 911...20 minutes later police arrived... during that time, the guy (17 yr old kid) woke up, but didn't try to flee... he was immediately arrested... story was: he was at a party and his EX came in, he was drunk and didn't want to fight, so he took off walking. It was storming, he was cold, so he broke in to get out of rain and passed out ... boss (who showed up, 20 min after cops) was so concerned about getting money for AC, if it was broke..he did say, he won't press charges, he wants the kid to do Community Service... not sure how I feel about that...
    Good note: first look, I thought all cats but 3 were gone...(out of 20)..I was crushed... after searching and even walking in the woods, they all began to come out of hiding, inside... so very thankful for that... and, that the rest of the day was very uneventful... and, a special needs kitten was adopted!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Good morning!!! Had a great start to a three day weekend yesterday. Got tickets to the Metallica concert and had a blast. Avenged Sevenfold and VolBeat also performed too! Unfortunately diet wise probably could have done better but it's only one night and as long as I get back on track now I'll be good.

Sara, chicken teriyaki sounds so good right now I have to find a healthy recipe to cook to take for lunches during the week.

How is everyone's weekend going so far?

Soooo jealous... haven't seen Metallica in years!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - good news about your jaw issues being dental related.. so glad, it's nothing more serious! Have a great rest of your weekend!