Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn - who would have thought?? Luckily nobody/ no cats were hurt.

Starting QOTW early - it will start tomorrow.

Question of the week - what will you be focusing on to stay on track?

AOTW (answer of the week) - walking my breaks and water in this hotter weather we will be having.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - never could have imagined... one co worker was going to complain to me, the fact that I always lock door, after I come to work...I am typically alone, 20- 30 minutes, every day... in the past, we have had people just dump animals in our lobby.. not to mention, some people that are angry for us not helping with animals, and that there is cash and medication that people could steal...I will always, lock the door behind me... can never be too safe... even in a small town
  • Mbynum1913
    Mbynum1913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Serial starter here... I've tried countless times the past ten years, and have been struggling to overcome my feelings of "just not caring". I don't mind the working out, but food is my killer. Mostly, I have thoughts of knowing I shouldn't indulge in eating unhealthy stuff, and just doing it anyway. Everyone's different, but any stories of when you finally decided to JUST GET OVER IT?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Mbynum - welcome and I couldnt take it anymore when the doctor was thinking of giving me more blood pressure medicine - I am working with my dr and I currently dont take any. Start out slow this time and just keep working on it. We fall off the trail, but dust yourself off and get back on the trail. Stop by and post anytime.

Dog is up and fed. Back for more sleep.

Groceries, food prep, probably nap. Maybe in that order.

Posted a question of the week last night - while I had more brain cells working.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you asked, what's is easiest thing for me to do... easiest, would/ will be, cutting back on sweets...I can do it...I have always been good at walking away from sweets... they are just the best part of my day, lately...I just need to stop before I grab the next candy bar... or, at least do what I normally do, eat one small piece and give the rest to SO...

We are going to little roadside stand, where they sell plants, veggies and fruits...I really, truly want to just lay back down and go back to sleep... but, I am going to make myself get up, get dressed and get out of the house... it's a cool morning and will be good to enjoy it before it gets too hot..

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
    Check in later....
  • Mbynum1913
    Mbynum1913 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tilliesmommy1- Gonna give the "start out slow"thing a try- again. My mind has this "all or nothing mentality" and I'm going to work on just taking little steps. :) Have a good Sunday!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Chicken stir fry with ginger teriyaki sauce to use as a dip with brown rice. Made 4 servings so good chunk of dinners is done.

Hot here, heard a/c go off while in kitchen.

Maintenance man leaves Wednesday who my dog just loves... came by to see dog and see why my ceiling fan was making noise, blades were loose. Easy fix.

Dawn- you know we like details (okay mainly me....) what did you get at the roadside stand? Those are the best anyway. No better strawberries than roadside stands.....

Running on brain fumes - not a pretty picture. Hottest day is supposed to be tomorrow. Lovely.

Wishing all a great night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - you are so right, fresh, strawberries are the best...we ended up with a couple tomato plants...fresh zucchini, cucumber and watermelon... so yummy!

Today was such a nice day... Sun was shining and only 70 degrees... this week is supposed to be very comfortable... need to get up and get out!

Food choices weren't great, but not terrible today... trying to step away from the chocolate... proving to be a bit tricky..

Everyone have a great evening...
    May BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, up .2 okay with that - just is.

Hottest day of week today. Window open as it is stuffy in here. Air quality is only so/so and I will have to shut window soon. Maintenance man came by to fix fan - and get one more chance to play with dog. She was being aloof yesterday and not sure why. I let him give her dog treats at least. Was able to run fan all night which was a nice improvement.

Paper just came by. Dog is barking and will do what I call "paper dance".

Stay cool, drink lots of water. Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday
  • kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kayla. Another serial starter. Been starting over since high school it seems and even tho i do great for short periods at a time it always fades into a giant fast food and chocolate fueled back pedal. But here i am again, starting over lol but at least i'm still trying.. that counts right? lol

Anyone have some motivation tips? I think thats my biggest issue.

thanks and feel free to add me!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Welcome Kayla! This is a great place to come for support and encouragement..
    I also do good for short periods of time, then fall back into junk and sweets...
    Feel free to stop in and post any time..
    Have a great day all...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Helllooooooo Ladies~~

Welcome to the new peeps!

Two appointments for the day are DONE. No need to go out again today. Rotten weather.

Will curl up with Miss Tillie and wait for Monday Tea Time.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Day topped out at 98 - tomorrow more of same - skirt day. New shoes wore most of day.

One last piece of chocolate to celebrate done with dental stuff for awhile, get new night guard in a couple of weeks.

Lana!! Glad you are taking care of yourself - apts and resting.

Tillie and I will meet you for tea - make it iced for me please. Cold quiche for dinner.

Wishing all a great night.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon (well, here in Germany anyway) :)

Had a great day off yesterday. Went to get recipe books from the library and using my time at work today to copy all the interesting ones.

Hope everyone's having a great Tuesday so far!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Iamunicoon - recipes stop boring from becoming a food binge - what did you find?

One more seriously nasty day heat wise and pollution. Window open for a little bit.

Miss T needs her grooming it is hot and she is not in her summer "do" until June apt. We take more pit stops in the middle of the night. Just is.

How is everyone's week plan going? What are you working on this week to stay on course?

Water is necessary here with the heat and walking is in the early hours.

Oatmeal takes half the time - keep forgetting. If I buy this stuff again it will serve me right!!

Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

I've been MIA again. Last week was pretty good until Friday night. :( Now up 2 lbs from last week. :(

Need to concentrate on cutting out the sweets and carbs. Really haven't budged the scale much since Christmas. Haven't gained, but really haven't lost. Weather has been horrible, so no outside walking due to cold and rain. I have gotten on the treadmill a couple of times but it's not the same.

Only about 30 days until I see my girlfriends from HS and seriously feeling like bailing out if I can't lose a few lbs. I did order a new shirt and a new dress in the hopes of finding something I might like to wear when I see them. And hoping one or both items are a bit slimming.

Eye allergies are so-so. Really wish they would let up completely. Trying Zyrtec on top of the Singulair and the Zaditor drops. Almost dries my eyes out too much. Cut back to 1/2 a Zyrtec today. Skin at the corner of my eye is still red, dry, and peeling. Maybe slowly improving??? I continue to use the coconut oil to moisturize it.

Will lurk from work.

Annie

Today's weight: 155.4
    All-time high: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

Sara's Question of the Day:
    How is everyone's week plan going?
    What are you working on this week to stay on course?

AOTD: Clean grocery shopping, AND! treating this coming holiday weekend as if it were regular days.
    Memorial Day Weekend is NO CHOICE*--stay on plan.
    * a Beck-ism

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

101 today - yikes! Extra water came in handy. Dinner is ready, though the weather is so hot, not sure I am ready to eat.

Lana - Good looking ahead to a holiday that is usually high in calories.

Find me under Lana's Palm tree in Hammock with Miss T
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - Zyrtec doesn't work as well as they claim, for me...I go back and forth, between that and Clairitin.... allergies... such pains
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning.

Supervisor's last day which means who in our department will be working? We shall see. New Supervisor will be prove to be interesting as I rarely see her.

I finished making a "jellyfish" to send to NICU the "legs" resemble umbilical cords to preemies and they sleep better and their BP goes down. I was not sure how to sew it together, so we shall see how the next one goes.

Cooler here- thank you. Window open and air quality is okay. Nice change.

Memorial Day weekend - any food plans to share??

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Wednesday.