WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette wrote "JanetR - Greece looks heavenly - so glad DD got to experience it ! Is she going on a honeymoon and if so, where?"

DD is absolutely loving it. She has taken a few tours, six mile hiking trip, cookIng class, wine tasting and sunset viewing. They are getting married in Vegas, but she will start testing for her CPA shortly afterwards. They will be going to Cozumel in October.

Janetr okc
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    just popping in to say "hi"

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⛵⛵⛵
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    6ueaz52a47sa.jpg
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele – Arbonne is a company that sells products that are pure, botanically products ranging from skincare, personal care, nutrition, make-up, to hair products. You can buy packages of it, or just the individual products. Taylor said that if anybody was interested, she is getting a kit with samples and can send them to anyone interested. I’ve used the skincare and it feels wonderful. I also use the mascara and it adds length to your last and curls them at the same time. When you see the individual prices, it really is not that much of a difference in price and she says that some will easily last a year as you would only use a tad of it. Taylor asked me to give this information out and if anybody is interested they can send me a PM and I will give the contact information.

Vicki – I found it stuck into a binder that I had put a few recipes in; and, decided to share it. I know I have a lot to work on myself. Like I have said early; ‘nothing brings out the worst in people than a death in the family’, especially if there is property or money involved. You see their true colors.

Katla – In HS a friend’s father had several people’s horse that he boarded; and, he started letting a few of us come out and ride the horses because they needed the exercise, and it gave him time to clean out their stalls. I do remember having to brush them a lot after getting back from riding them; but, to ride we had to also groom them. They lived out in the country and there were trails all in the woods.

Lenora
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Good morning all

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good morning Kate! <3:D

I used to make all my own clothes, and I mean all. (not knickers! ) I even made coats and jackets and complicated shirtwaisters plus evening dresses for uni and my wedding dress. I started at the age of around 13 because I couldn't afford to buy the clothes I liked. It was sooooooo much cheaper in those days to make your own. And the fabrics were much better. I used to love looking through pattern books. I made everything on an old straight stitch, manual Singer machine. I also knitted sweaters.
    I threw away my machine and haven't made anything for years. I'm not sure I enjoyed the actual making, but considered it a necessity if I wanted nice things at a cheap price. I was good at it.

Grey and miserable day here for the bank holiday. I am happy because my seeds don't need watering, but I am sorry for all the people who have planned activities. We have a quiet day ahead and I shall type up my memoir and print out the new pages.

Still haven't been in the new car. :( It hasn't been moved since DH brought it home.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Here we go again. I sound like a broken record. I got to page 51. Chasing you ladies once again.

All of the wedding cake photos were gorgeous.

Barbie- I am so glad that you and Jake are working/fighting for your marriage.

Machka - So glad your results were good,

Where to start?
    Camping last weekend. We had a lot of fun. Sugar was a sweetheart and Snip is a magnificent quarter horse, he stands 16 hands high. I rode Sugar although I'm banned from riding ( It's the if I get thrown that is the worry). I rode Sugar but Snip.....Snip is magnificent. My brother did finally get a bit in his mouth and the saddle has been on 2x. Keira wants to be a cowgirl now. Me too, me too.
    Campfires, somemores, stories and some sing alongs. And the horses.

I think I have my deck pretty much planted. It seemed a lot harder and I don't think I had as much help.

Finally got to a doctor last Wednesday. They are going to try injections for my ankle. I am still waiting for them to phone. One of the options is fusing the ankle. I prefer to be able to walk normal for now but if need be then fusion it will be. It was suggested that I dig up my walker and use it sometimes. I'm resisting that.
    Another appointment on the 7th and maybe we can talk about the disability forms then.

Took my trike out for a ride. At least I can pedal without pain shooting up my ankle. No weight through it, so that is better.

I loved my weekend but dread going back to work tomorrow.

DGD Keira was asked to be a flower girl at my niece's wedding. She is over the moon excited. I don't know when the other 2 are being asked. I hope soon because she is not going to keep this to herself.

DH took Greysyn out driving today and even let him drive in town. One proud 14 yr. old. He showed Gramps his new learner's license.

Thank you ladies for being here.

-Sharon in Lethbridge.
  • Hogerda
    Hogerda Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hey Pitegny (post may 2), where in France are you? And why not turn the jeans into a skinny skirt when you have the lanky figure to show it off? I will keep only one pair of my fat pants, being the pessimist that thinks I might gain something back, but how to adjust my favourite skirt which now barely clings on...?
    Wishing everyone a lovely day
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER - I used to make all the family clothes, as you say except underwear, including tailoring suits etc. I did enjoy it though and I used to work in a department store on the fabrics and got discount. All of the girls sewed so I learned a lot from them. My daughter made her own stuff from her teens, she even won a competition at Pontins run by Pins and Needles magazine. She is more creative than me, I need pattern but she can adapt and alter them. I always meant to do a course on pattern making but never got around to it. Before retirement I worked in a college and could have done the course there.

Horrible day up here too oh well it is a Bank Holiday what do we expect, saw Joanna Lumley on TV at Chelsea Flower Show and she says expect the weather and prepare, I love her she has a wonderful attitude to life

Kate UK <3
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day!
    I'm up early and packing my bags. I have to drive 80 miles back to Denver to fly back home. It went by too soon! We all had a good time!

Lanette Thank you for your comment on my picture. My daughter is going in for a gastric sleeve in a few months. You can't tell from her picture but she weighs about 350 lbs. She has already lost 45 lbs because she had heart issues and the doctor didn't want to put her under. She has to lose 45 more lbs by October.

Dana
    My dad, Marion Daniel Mason, bottom left of the crew. He went to England on the ship of service men and flew 36 missions over Hitler's Germany. He was there on D Day. They were shot down in the English Channel and picked up by the Brits. I'm glad he made it home to marry my mother! RIP Dad. Love you!
    fnpvx2fhievy.jpg
    m5il0hwsaoak.jpg
    0sh8l52l7xa5.jpg
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Well done, JanetR! Can you send a little determination my way? :)

Lisa