Is this a new game? Tee Hee!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    O
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LANETTE and KATIA - yes there are probably lots of bombs still buried, in 2008 a map was produced which pinpointed 21,000 sites where unexploded ordance might be buried. Birmingham was the third most bombed city after London and Liverpool, my home town. One of my aunts lived near the docks and was bombed out at least twice but survived. Scary times!!

Have been playing on the WI with grands, they love racing games which I'm hopeless at but I beat them at archery and bowling, they had my heartrate up doing cycling, waving those remotes around had me sweating and my pushed my heartrate right up, so can I have that as a workout. Couldn't leave the house as it rained, boy did it rain, all day. Should be ok tomorrow, hopefully take dog out.

Kate UK B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ww2 bombs also in Portsmouth Harbour. It's been closed to all ships and traffic twice recently.

Lanette - I do a tiny bit of yoga-like exercise daily, after the machines, which I call "matwork". Basically core work and back flexibility. Not a lot, but it keeps me strong and supple. Plus balance. :D
    I haven't been able to do my usual weights recently with my arm (still not rowing much) , but I am hoping to start up again with the lighter dumbbells soon. I miss it and worry about losing "tone". I love my arm definition. :D

DH still a bit quiet. I don't know what he is thinking, but I hope I don't dwell on it too much tonight. I want to sleep! Hard to banish nagging thoughts. I'm inclined now to forget about the whole thing if it causes all this stress. I don't like the way our estate agent is going about it. I think we are being taken for idiots. Maybe he does too and that's why he has gone quiet.

Breathe! And all things shall be well. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy World Telecommunications Day!

Where would our little group be without telecommunications?

It's another crazy day and my mind is about "brained out" but I had to pop in to say hello.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Lanette: I seldom practice yoga at home. There isn't enough open space apart from the living room floor, for one thing. I so much enjoy the social aspects of the yoga class, and the support of an instructor. Those are the main reasons I don't make the space to do yoga at home. If I exercise at home it us either taking a walk with the dog or riding my recumbent bike on its trainer in the garage. :smiley: As to the glasses, they're better but I'm still deciding whether they're good enough. :grumble:

Kate in UK: We used to play wii bowling games with DS and DDIL. They're across the country now and we haven't played in ages but I have lots of good memories. We actually own the wii game but never seem to get it out and play just with one another. :smiley:

We're having a quiet afternoon at home, which is such a blessing after yesterday's business with the car repairs & getting my glasses adjusted. Tomorrow I plan to go out to the stable and work with Arrow. I wonder how much of what I learned in the cutting class Saturday that I will remember well enough to practice correctly. I'm hoping to be able to work at a level I can be pleased with. There won't be any cows, fake or otherwise, but I will be there and so Arrow. At the least, we should be able to practice the turns. If I can give the signals correctly I know that he knows what to do. (If he is being a good boy. Sometimes he wants to be naughty but I have strategies to deal with that.)

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Great pic Marcelynh. Happy anniversary.

Got my usual hair cut that I have had for many years. I showed her a picture of Melody, a tortie cat, and asked ehr how much is would take to get my hair colored and blended like that. She said she doesn't do it but it would be in the range of $200-400! I will keep my brown/grey hair. Who knows, someday I will let Michelle color it. Her inlaws have never liked her and therefor her feelings have been the same. But they had a real big scare with her father in law over the weekend and almost lot him which made her realize how much she would miss him if he died.

I think we have made a monster out of our cat with our wonderful and expensive patio door. If we open it and she enjoys it, then close it again, she sounds like a tom cat. She whails all the time.

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well the my Facebook friends on here know, but I walked into work this morning and cought the heel of my sandal on the front door and face planted right in the foyer of the building a poor patient came running asking if I was alright... just dying of embarassment is all.. I am a little sore..landed on my knees.. but laughed it off what are you gonna do..
    I decided tomorrow I am going to treat myself to a mani/ pedi... I haven't had one in a few years and just felt that on a day off I will relax and do something for myself..
    My grandaughter was terrible this morning, so moody and very bratty.. She is only 9 im hoping it isnt early PMS, but her father has an awful temper too..
    well think I better hit the hay was up at 3:30 this morning...
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. This is crazy; I have the mumps!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Q
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Bummer megblair!!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Good grief, Meg! How in the world did you get the mumps? Get well, soon!

I could use some hugs and unconditional love today. I got a speeding ticket! Just not paying attention and got to going too fast up a hill. I was out buying fleece to make baby jackets for layette kits for third world countries. Every single time I've ever gotten a ticket, it was in the process of doing something for the church. I'm more than a little bummed. There is a good thing there is no junk food in the house, because ice cream would be really good right now.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. This is crazy; I have the mumps!

Oh no!!! That is awful and as I recall, quite painful. I haven't heard of anyone getting the mumps in decades. How did you ever manage to contract it?
    Hope you don't have a severe case and are feeling better soon.

Chris in MA
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies. Payroll to do again, so off to work I go.

Paula Y.