WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, been off the grid for the last week. I feel very disconnected from all of you. Just read everything. Wow our lives move!

Hugs and praise to all for the great work you do each day.

Sarah
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Z
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I went to the pulmonologist this morning and was there for quite a while. He wanted blood tests, pulmonary function test and CT scan this time to get a better idea of what is going on with the sarcoidosis. No problem with the blood tests but the technician that does the PF testing got caught behind an accident on her way to work so she was late. I had to wait for a while but got it done. I will do the CT scan in Monroe which is closer to me and then they will call me with results. I go back in six months unless something comes up. Hopefully all will come back well. It has been rainy and drizzly so the horses are hanging out in the shelter. Doing well on food today since I had to fast for tests.

TNToni - Sending you strength. I think I would be terrifically angry at that situation.

Heather - Sorry about the house situation. Hope something comes up soon.

Pip - I love that picture and I bet it smells good too.

Becca - Lavender fields?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lanette – From ‘one door slammer’ to another … I sure wish that when this house was built; that I had just enough space at the bottom of the door to successfully do it. I sure miss it, it does make a ‘statement’ that you can no longer do it; that and ‘slamming down the phone on someone’ in the cradle.

MAJOR VENT - nobody should have to deal with this much $#*T in one afternoon. I’m meeting the ST FM adjuster at the body shop tomorrow to discuss the door problem. Front passenger door sounded like a cheap car and I took it back and he said that I needed to wait to bring it in so they would have gotten the backlog from the 2 storms that came through Albany in January caught up. Then I backed into someone at ST FM. I thought the driveway going around the side of the building was for ‘employee parking’ and they were all there, never expected someone to come zooming around. Since it was on ‘private property’ the State Patrol was sent. Nice young man and I told him ‘my’ side of the story and she told him ‘her’ side of the story. I never saw her and I looked over my left shoulder, over my right; back over the left and then into the rearview camera; did not see her but I her. Took a chunk out of my rear bumper. Had shown the body shop owner the issue with the doors and he said he’d be able to ‘fix’ it; but, when Louis and Trey went to pick it up they were told that nothing could be done and showed them that it matched up. “NO!” It doesn’t, you can put your finger on the driver’s side and it will hit a seam between the 2 doors; on the side that was damages, do that and you finger will hit a raised front door. The Agent at ST FAM noticed that the door was hitting metal to metal (actually front about ½ way back and the back half way to the front. Over $16,500 damage done to a 2015 Honda. Louis was really surprised that they did not total it. Hit in the front right passenger side and then hit a metal utility pole. I swear I thought I was ‘dead’. That was my thought, when I saw the light – “I’M DEAD!” I saw a bright light (from the side air bags deploying) and a 2nd bright light from when the hood was crunched up in the middle from the sun shining on it.
    I am so upset; because when we had changed insurance (life) on my DH; and they were going to draft 2 months of premium out of my account this month – that is MORE than I make. The only reason we took this out and cancelled the other when it became in effect was so that it does not ‘stop’ at the age of 80. That was more than I ‘make’ in a month. So, supposedly, that had been ‘fixed’ or ‘taken care of’ by taking it off draft for May and then in the middle of June asking that it be put back on draft. I just hope they don’t draft it twice. I could not talk to her, I was WAY to upset, so Louis did and he understands what is going on. Gee, we’re paying more than we were; but, the only difference is it won’t run out when he turns 80. INSURANCE – you pay for it so that you ‘hope’ you don’t need to use it.
    Then I had to deal with the Window World man; after the installer stood me up 3 times. Thankfully I had his cell phone number. It had been discussed that the pieces of the wood would be brought to us to stain/paint BEFORE they came to install them. So, right at the moment we have raw wood showing on both sides of the glass. That is totally unacceptable. He (owner) said he thought they had agreed that Louis would stain and paint them. He WOULD have if they had been brought to us in time to do so before the day of installing them. He wants me to be ‘as happy’ as I want to be. So he is coming next Wednesday to see for himself what I am dealing with. I am in such a pissy mood that I am just going to cruise through the rest of the posts.

Lenora
  • jddavis2015
    jddavis2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Got a bit of a shock today. I give platelets every month at Carter Blood Care. I like that they give you a report on your cholesterol every time you donate. This month I gave twice (7th and 14th). My cholesterol has always been under 200. Occasionally I don't meet their iron requirement which prevents me from donating. They suggested eating a hamburger the night before. So I had a hamburger on the 13th, the night before my appointment. This was 93% lean meat. I met the minimum iron limit by one point.

Well, I pulled up my reports today. On the 7th, my cholesterol was 193. On the 14th, it was 237! A 43 point increase from eating one small hamburger... without a bun! I spent lunch today researching iron rich vegetables for my next appointment.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Got my vent out of the way; good thing I said that I would only skim through the posts (actually reading them) … mine would have been a ‘record’ post! I might have blown this site up. Don’t want to do that.
    RITFLMAO!!!! Ya’ll are so funny!!!!!

Dana - The body shop is probably one of the best in town; and, they are a ST FM approved shop; I've dealt with the owner when I was a paralegal and even way back then, he was the man to go to. The was over $16.5K worth of damage on the car. Louis was 'really' surprised that ST FM did not total it; but, they have a formula and we even got an extra $1300 check 'due to depreciation'. Never had heard of that before. We even called to make sure we did not need to save it (for something unforeseen). I think when I show him and the ST FM adjuster what I am talking about and how the hit on the side and then on the front would have reverberated all the way back to the right passenger side and 'shifted' the doors, possibly. They don't have the little space between them like the driver's side does; and, the rubber around the door, flaps a little where it is not lined up. For me to be 'happy' they might have to take off BOTH left-side doors and rehang them. This is just not acceptable; but, I won't be 'ugly' about it ... I was ugly enough today to 2 of the people I dealt with.

Well, now to see who of the 8 become 4 on "The Voice" ... THIS is going to be a hard decision; most all of them are really good.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.50min. 13.7amph, 143mhr, 2.9mi = 120c
    apple watch- 96c
    day 24-Plyometrics exercises- 33min, 5sets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl toe touch single leg, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, 114ahr, 139mhr = 237c
    apple watch- 209c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.59min, 12.1amph, 109ahr, 141mhr, 1.4mi = 71c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 14.42min, 12.4amph, 152mhr, 122ahr, 3mi = 142c
    apple iwatch- 109c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.27min, 10.42min mi., 135ahr, 151mhr, .5mi = 58c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.13min, 9.53min mi, 129ahr, 150mhr, .5mi = 65c
    apple watch- 77c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.07min, 8.2amph, 136ahr, 162mhr, 2.6mi = 200c
    Apple Watch- 142c

total cal 893
  • pipcd34
    Options
    danaree16655- ithe riding , gym and running is just part of the day. I'm lucky the gym opens b4 work starts
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hugs everyone.
    Paula Y.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jddavis – interesting about that cholesterol jump. Did the report give you a breakdown on the composition of the total cholesterol? HDL/LDL/Triglycerides? From what I’ve been reading lately, sugar and refined carbs cause high triglycerides, not meat/fat. There’s lots of new research about cholesterol and fat isn’t the bad guy anymore. I don’t think I’d sweat a one-time high reading like this, if it stays continually high then there might be cause for concern. That test they used could have been wacky too. You are a sweetie for donating platelets so much!

Dana, I loved those wineglasses you scored at the garage sale. Super cute! Funny story too about you nearly running over your EX. Sounds like fate was tempting you… >:) . Good girl! We also are “Better Call Saul” fans. Thought it was neat last night that “Saul Goodman” showed up. Very creative writers on that show!

My DH has his own little spending money account and doesn’t spend/charge anything else without prior conversation with me. It took us a long time to agree he’s a financial disaster (visualize virtual cast iron skillet flying at his head). B) We agreed our high-spending (and earning) years are over, we don’t have any more room for junk/stuff, we really need to save $$ because health care costs and taxes could easily erode our savings.

Lenora – what an ordeal about your car. Don’t blame you for getting ticked. The Voice is one of the shows on “regular” TV I miss since we dropped satellite TV, tho I could probably find it on Hulu.

Becca, that’s so great about what a savings it would be to move to Whidbey! I hope that (or even something better) works out for you. I’m sure you can make that $300 extra seem like $1300 you are such a good money manager! Glad you and DH got your tablet use worked out. I spend a lot of time on my little fire tablet, mostly games too. DH doesn't grumble because he's glued to the tube watching every MMA bout that was ever fought. Bloody stuff... I get bored watching grown men punch each other like that but I am kind of fascinated by the many different cauliflower ears I see on there. Good Gravy :s DH says he wishes they had MMA when he was growing up and I try to imagine his ears all swollen and puckery looking. :#

Sending virtual winning lottery tickets to Katla and others of you with spendy car repair/maintenance bills! I'll probably be next as the Subaru goes in for the 90,000 check-up in a few months.

Katla, what's the verdict on your eyeglasses and that left lense? Hope it's fixed quickly!

Mary – those granddaughters are adorable! Thanks for posting the birthday girls, it made my day! <3

Sue in WA – hope everything comes back OK with your sarcoidosis tests. I’m sorry you are going through it but sounds like you are keeping on top of it, I’m sure keeping as busy as you can helps. Sounds like you are working with a good medical team. :)

Heather
    – I am crossing fingers both house deals work out as Kelly suggests! Do you do yoga at your house on the days you don’t go to class? Sounds like fun getting everything together for your brother’s party. Glad the weather has been nice!

Um… Yvonne, Joyce…. I’m sure there’s enough of Pierce for all of us...but, I just get him first! You get what’s left! I’ll tell you who is running a close second in my book = Justin Timberlake! I saw him perform a couple years ago on the Grammy’s or similar – great singer and great moves. He always smiles when he sings it seems. Dance, dance, dance! <3o:)

I emailed my doc today and told her I was cutting my BP meds in half. Before I was on them, I was in the 140’s/90’s. Tried several different ones and finally had great luck with Losartan, been taking that for the past few years which keeps me in the 120’s/70’s-80’s. Seems every year during the summer I’m much more active and it drops so I halve it. Recently, it’s been diving really low sometimes– from 90 to 105/ 50 to 60 and I nearly faint, my pulse goes up into the mid-high 70’s (It’s normally in the low to mid 60’s). Anyhow, might be time to visit the cardiologist. I’ve had palpitations for years and have worn event monitors several times with nothing out of the ordinary, last time was a decade ago. They calmed down after menopause but I’m noticing them again.
    I actually felt good today – BP still running low. I haven’t heard back from her yet. Barbie has me excited about doing some weight lifting and I need to make sure I can handle that. Walking is no problem but using upper body muscles seems to tire me quickly.

OK time to move it here.

Before I close, I loved this....you are all "magical" to me!! <3

z0xkm7q8ki89.jpg

Lanette
    SW WA State with Justin's Dance Dance Dance earworm in my head.

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Sue, isn’t it nice that sometimes being older is an advantage. Pretty flowers for a pretty lady. Love the pic. Give Rori a big hug for me. I’d just love to meet you both.

Joyce, I surely hope your day got better. We just set ourselves up with expectations that we know will disappoint us. Why do we keep doing that??? My DD gave me the world’s best foot massage a few years back and I have asked her for some since but guess I never got them. Tonight I asked for one as icing on the cake of a great Mother’s day and she let me know that it “creeps her out” to touch someone else’s feet. OMG I never knew. And she gave the best foot massage in the world. Who knew??? Oh well.

Jddavis, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you. Also please sign each post with the name you want to be called along with a location, general or specific. I have found that no one at the gym really pays any attention to me. Most people are there to work on themselves and that is where their attention is. Give it a try and just notice what people seem to be paying attention to.

Janet#2, that is too funny about the card on your flowers. You could always call the florist and ask them for contact info tor the strangers that sent you the flowers, saying you want to thank them. Lol

Mary, I can’t believe the twins are a year old, either. So cute.

Toni, so sorry to hear about your situation. For sure you are in my prayers and I hope you will find that things aren’t as bad as they appear. ((((Hugs))))

Penny, it was so good to hear from you and see the beautiful pictures of your winter wonderland. Sorry you’ve been down but please do check in when you can. ((((Hugs)))) (later) I love your poster on the kids moving out.

Joyce, I was intently reading your post about Charlie and what he does and doesn’t do to show his love, and out of the blue you said, “Just watched the commercial for the refrigerator that if you knock on the door twice you can see inside without opening the door. What purpose is that???????” and for some reason that cracked me up!!! I get so involved with all of you even when I don’t make comments and that really put a smile on my face. Thanks.

Heather, sorry about the house in Hove but who knows, you may end up with one you like more. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Pip, I like your lavender colored yard.

Sarah, welcome back. You must be a fast reader to catch up after a week’s absence.

Sue, I do hope all your test results come back positive. It’s always fun to pass a test even at our ages.

Dana, does your DH never eat left over chicken? Gosh that is a staple at my house.

Last night I presided at the meeting for the Women of the Moose. The meeting went well and there were no big mess ups. Their meeting have to be conducted in a very exact way. Lol Today I did some cleaning and rearranging in my room and the kitchen. I’m still enjoying having our DD here but today DH asked me (not her) when she was going to go to work. Lol I’m thinking of all of you and hope you get what you need for your specific situation.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I saw this on FB this morning and just had to share it:

If STRESS burned calories, I’d be
    hanging from a charm bracelet
    by now!

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lanette. You are too funny, when you typed "good gravy", because I can just see us chatting and you saying that in conversation! That's the great thing about all of us, we type like we converse in the world. Some of you, my brain reads your posts, and I love the accents going on in my head!
    Becca