WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all comments on DH shirt, I used to make all the family clothes when kids were young but work etc got in the way. Material and threads etc are so expensive today and it is cheaper to buy ready made
    Not doing so good on eating and logging front but still exercising so hopefully won't put any on

Kate UK <3
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Pip - there's a strong family resemblance between you and your sister! She's as gorgeous as you are, in a rounder version.

I'm just checking in briefly now. My town, Longyearbyen, has an annual "cultural exchange" with its sister town Barentsburg, where the population (of about 400) is Russian/Ukranian. Their cultural ambassadors were here a week ago and gave a fantastic show. My choir is participating in the return visit, along with Longyearbyen Big Band, students at the arts school, the Irish Dance ensemble, the men's choir, the ladies' choir (named "Tundradundrene" roughly translated Thunder on the Tundra), the ukulele orchestra, our bluegrass ensemble, and several soloists. The acrobat team "Circus Svalnardo" had to bow out at the last minute. You can see that despite being only a town of just 2000 souls, we've got a lot of activities to choose from!

It snowed all day yesterday but today the sun is back in full force. I'll try to take some more pictures for y'all!

/Penny, enjoying the rich culture at the North Pole
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Just popping in quickly to wish everyone a lovely weekend!

Leigh in France
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning, lovely long drive to D.C. Area late into the night. The three of us needed a little road trip bonding. Of course, I'm up first and just hanging out in hotel lobby drinking coffee, people watching--my kind of fun.

Hopefully we will sightsee in between various thunder storms-promise to post some nice pics and get in plenty of steps. If not, it's off to the hotel treadmill to stay fit :p

Counting blessings and calories today. NYKAREN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Almost had my new car totaled. I had my car at the edge of the parking lot because I have new car syndrome. A man careened through the lot after hitting a stop sign, jumping a curb , and becoming airborne at 50 miles an hour. If my car would have been one car over he would have hit it head on. I was not in the car at the time. The whole bottom of his car was strewn all over the parking lot. I have yet to find out how he fairs. It was in a school lot. Ten minutes earlier students were crossing where he went through. This was on the day I learned my challenging student was in the hospital with an asthma attack. I had no knowledge the student had asthma and until he went into the hospital there was no medication at school. So two close calls in a day. I am ready to just spend time in my garden. The student is okay and my car didn't get a scratch. The student now has medication. Because of this happening to him and the other issues he has I am insisting when under my supervision there is an aide for him.

I am planting less because of the rabbits. Many things are potted and are off the ground because of them. Just chased off two baby bunnies.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    margaret sounds like 2 close calls--phew!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Paula ~ What a beautiful quilt you created!

Lisa ~ Love the painting.

Pip ~ You mother looks so relaxed. How sweet to give her a spa day.

Heather ~ Like that blue color on the Honda. My Honda is 10 yrs old and I still love it.

Margaret ~ Two scares in one day. So glad your car was not hit.

Toni ~ So sorry you are not seeing improvement in hubby. Hope the counselor can help.

For three days my ears have felt like they do when you are swimming under water. Today one is clear and the other is stopped up. Guess I have an ear infection. Hate to go to the doctor so hope it clears up.

Carol in GA

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ramping up for biking this summer. Bike is getting a tune up, shorts are bought so hopefully I will start with my first 3 hour ride next week.

Have a great long weekend US friends!

<3 Sarah
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    gotu52 wrote: »
    Ramping up for biking this summer. Bike is getting a tune up, shorts are bought so hopefully I will start with my first 3 hour ride next week.

Have a great long weekend US friends!

<3 Sarah

You're starting with a 3-hour ride? You're brave!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Heather, love the car. It's just like mine except for the color. Mine is a bronze/grey sort of color.

Lots to do today, but I'm going at my own pace. I did the church bulletin, then DH and I went and helped make sack lunches for the soup kitchen. Then we tried to assemble layette kits, but one lady didn't show with her stuff so we couldn't finish them. I also need to find some kind if permanent take U.K. Put over the country of origin on the onesies. Normally I like clothing with the info stamped instead of a tag, but in this one use a tag would be easier. We drew through the country on the tags on the blankets, wash cloths, etc, with a black permanent marker, but we couldn't bring ourselves to do that with the little white onesies. I know it would bleed through and look bad.

After we got home, we walked our 3 miles. Now I'm relaxing, eating lunch, and checking in with you guys, then I'm going to do some housework.

Have a good weekend.