N
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Good morning. At the endodontist getting a failed root canal fixed. I was hoping to take the rest of the day off, but my boss reminded me yesterday that we have a big meeting this afternoon. Darn it.

Ate a little over yesterday. But no big disaster. I am trying to keep everything in perspective. 300 calories over my deficit goal just adds an extra day or two to the whole plan. I did play in the pool last night with the little guy, and we ended up wearing each other out. No hiking yesterday at lunch -- crappy Oregon weather. No hike today -- root canal. Maybe I will be up to some pool time again this evening and will try to get an hour on the trails tomorrow at lunch. (Yes, I am blessed to work at an office with a legit nature trail with elevation gain just a 5 minute walk from my office door. Gotta love Oregon!)

Best to everyone. Let's forgive ourselves today. We would forgive others for their lapses; we deserve no less.
  • FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your trials and successes with losing weight!

@janetr7476 <3 I am a donut scarfer.. the less time it takes to eat .. the less damage it does. Not.

@cityjaneLondon It difficult and irritating trying to figure this all out. Your insights have struck a cord with me. I am upping my cals, logging every bite and exercise. CICO has worked for me in the past, Bravo to you!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele – No I haven’t seen the play “Southern Fried Funeral”; we don’t have any ‘cultural’ amenities anywhere in this area. Albany is the largest city; with Americus, and Columbus being the other two. Tallahassee, FL is about 90 miles for us to get to the State Line, and a good 20 more to get to Tallahassee. Sounds like it would be ‘funny’. Maybe I will Google it.

I feel like Windows World is giving me the shaft and ignoring my requests to come fix the windows they put up with ‘raw’ wood. Louis was supposed to get the materials from them so he could stain and paint all 4 sides. Did that happen? NO! He stained the outside; and it looked good; then a couple of months ago, he started on the inside and realized that the ‘raw’ wood right up next to the window was showing as ‘raw’ wood. The same pieces on the inside had started warping (mainly because we did not have any way to block off the ‘screen door’ and it would get ‘hot’ out there, so earlier this month, end of last month I called and one of the installers was going to be working in the area and he said he would come by and take pictures of them and send them to Jamey. He called on Thursday and said he did not make it because the weather had pushed him back a day and he would not be back up until the next week, so we planned on him coming on Wednesday to take pictures. Never showed up, never called. So I called them the following Monday. Told me that he had called me (but, he never left a message) and every call that comes into this house is saved by the phone, so he did not tell me the truth. He finally came and looked at what I was unhappy about and agreed that they should have been stained and painted before being put into place. Never heard from him again, pissed me off sufficiently enough to call the ‘owner’ on his cell phone who ‘promised’ he would come out the following week. He was leaving that next day and would not be back in town until the following week. By Wednesday, I called again and he said he would be up here and look at it. I explained how Louis was upset by it (as a painter). He never like paintinig ‘new’ houses because he’d have to go back to do touch-up after the carpenters put in all the trim, fill in the holes and paint (or repaint). Then he called me back and said they would bring up the pieces so that Louis could paint and stain them, then I could call back and they would schedule it to be changed out. Number one we paid roughly $2000 for these windows and the installation looked like a 9-year-old with a hand saw had put them up. There is ‘better’ trim they could have used other than what appears like ‘tomato stakes’. I’ve called them again, secretary came back on and told me she could not get anyone on the installer’s line. She then said that normally the household stains and paints them before they are installed. Well, that would have meant they should have brought them up earlier and given us a couple of days before they installed them, which they didn’t. Called the secretary and told her that Jamey had ‘promised’ they’d bring up enough of the pieces so that Louis could paint then or stain them on all 4 sides. We haven’t seen them, we haven’t been called to tell us when they will be here. She told me that she would be seeing Jamey later today and would give him the message. They will rue the day they decided NOT to make this customer ‘happy’. Louis stained the outside so it would be protected. Not until he started painting the inside did he realize the raw wood on the inside of the window showed, from inside and outside. He has gotten Madison’s boyfriend’s Dad to come over and measure the door to be a 9-pane door (like the other one on the house. Actually we have 3 doors and all are different. I don’t know what time he was supposed to get it; but, it is 2:30pm at the moment. I’ll give him until 4:00 before I call back. I am getting sooooo pissed about this. IF he tells me that they aren’t going to do anything about it, I will be calling EVERY “Better Business Bureau” from here to Tifton and around both areas and filing a complaint. Otherwise I love the windows. They are doing what they are intended on doing. I guess. Until we get it totally closed in and figure out how we are going to heat and cool the area, might not know if they are the reflective glass which they are supposed to be (double-paned, with the reflective glass on the outside to bounce off the heat from the sun. Joyce, didn’t you say you had Window World put in your new windows? I know you put in ‘regular’ windows and not just glass panes. Did you have any problem with appointments not being kept? I know from the area code on the cellphone number I have that he is probably coming out of Macon as the largest and nearest town with that particular area code.

VENT, VENT, VENT!!!!!

Taylor had her custody changed to her Daddy and signed the paperwork on her 14th birthday. She is now 21 and has little to nothing to do with her mother (egg donor, incubator, whatever); both her sisters on that side of the family live with their respective Daddies. She’s done NOTHING they Judge ordered her to do when DFACS took the youngest one away from her because of the living conditions … Taylor later admitted that she turned her mother in. Now, supposedly, she is living less than 5 miles away from us and has not made any contact with Taylor, which is fine … but, she is surprised that she hasn’t called. Taylor certainly won’t call her. Joe, the youngest girl’s Daddy will NOT allow her to come down here, understandable. Neither of the other girls have gotten to the point that Taylor is; but, they are younger and more impressionable. I would think by this time (3 years, that DFACS has probably terminated her parental rights anyway).

I don’t eat back my exercise calories; but, know they are there when I do go over, so it doesn’t upset me (as much).

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    I love how we can be so honest with each other, maybe even ruffling feathers a bit, but we all respect each other. How a Utopia is. Oh when can we just buy land and make our own healthy city???? We have the ladies with green thumbs, the ladies that have mad organizational skills, and Pip can pedal a rickshaw, for the ladies with transportation problems... I can sing opera so all the rotten fruits and veggies would come my way, but I juggle as well so even spoiled apples could be entertaining!! OK I am daydreaming, but truly, it could work!!! Love you all !!

Becca
    City comedian and impromptu party planner in
    Oregon

PS. Looked up Nudist Clubs in Washington state and I have found one in Mount Vernon, only 56 minutes drive from Oak Harbor! The other one is an hr from Seattle. Both do not have a pool, but do have a hot tub and forest trails to explore. Pretty rustic. One has a tennis court though! Sadly if we do go, DH needs to be covered because with him taking his anti rejection medicine it makes him more susceptible to skin cancers. So maybe it would be something just son and I do, every now and then.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,555 Member
    Options
    Back home, just waiting for the bus
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nancy Leach: Welcome to a great group! A bit of warning, today is the last day of the month and this evening Barbie will create a new thread for June. There will be a link at the bottom of this thread to the new one. :smiley:

Pip: I'm happy to hear that you're safely home again. I hope you enjoyed your family visit. The photos were great. I'll bet that Kirby is glad to have you back. :flowerforyou:

Yoga today was wonderful. It was just exactly what I needed to get myself on track. Today the class was taught by a young mom who has been a student for a long while and decided that she really wants to teach yoga. She started with the lesson plan of another teacher and has made it her own with little changes and embellishments. She's taking classes so that she can eventually be certified.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    658939p1utulfmey.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lenora, the nail caps can be for vanity for the owner, but it is for the owners safety since they no longer do the nail removal. Since they come in the fancy covers, it can be like having matching nail colors for the owner or cute stuff like that but it's mainly to prevent the scratches. When I had Adora years ago when she was a kitten, my dermatologist said that every scratch she made on me was a potential psoriasis place. Now on the blood thinner, it can be dangerous.

I went to a retirement party today for a nurse that I worked with many years ago. She said that I would always mean something to her because when she entered the dorm as a freshman on her first day, I wa there and showed her her dorm room. I was her first friend. It was good to be at that party and so many people would just yell out Joyce!!!!! Some people I recognized some I didn't. A good many of us had to give our names. It was so good to see nursing assistants, monitor technicians and nurses coming to see this nurse. It meant that we were a family and the non nurses realized that we saw them as the same importance that we were. One thing really made me MAD though. Some of the older ones here know my story in nursing school. They don't have 3 year nursing schools anymore. But the last semester in my senior year for me was OB. Well I flunked it. The schools policy for students who were sick during the school year and have to sit out a semester were able to graduate with their class and then the diploma was signed when they finished. Well they hadd never have some one flunk and want to come back. Maybe if it was the first semester it would have been different. But this was the last. All I had to do was get a job for the summer, retake the class in the fall and I was finished. Well neither the class I started out with or the class I graduated with wanted to claim me in their class. So today Darlene, the retiree, told me to look at my class yearbook. I started in the class of 1971 so that was the one I looked at first. Nope, not in there. So I checked in the class of 1972, not in there either! Brought back all those feeling again. One of the friends I started out with let me know about a 5 year reunion and I went. I wasn't one of the popular ones so some people talked to me and some didn't.Didn't bother me. What was funny was that the popular ones were fat, frumpy, divorced and hadn't advanced in their career at all. Some weren't even working they were so dissatisfied with the whole 'nurse thing'. The others like me loved nursing, it was all we thought it would be and we were all advancing. But I have never got an invitation to any class reunion. I guess I could get involved in the alumni and it would be satisfying and they might help me with my dissapointment and anger.

vent over, love you guys, Joyce, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    We are smart, intelligent ladies, with issues as most have. Its how we face them head on that is the difference. I feel powerful by being a part of you all.
    Becca
    Oregon

Thank you Becca! So blessed to be apart of this wonderful group of women!

Because I have y'all in my corner I have not succumbed over the last 2 weeks to throwing in the towel as I would have in the past. My weight is creeping back up and it is baffling to me. I keep statistics beyond MFP and all "numbers" suggest I should be losing weight! Trying not to panic here. This has made me really look around my life and body to see why this is happening. Coincidentally my hot flashes/night sweats have shown up again with a vengeance and I can see some edema in my ankles. I can only contribute this to the reason my weight has increased a bit. The good thing is that I have learned from here and y'all that staying the course is what I need to do. I have a doctors appt next week to get prescription refills and will ask him if anything else is going on.

Cheri
    in very swampy feeling College Station, TX
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: It was supposed to rain today but the sun is shining, yeah! Horses are out in the pasture and our neighbor came over with his equipment and cleared the bank out by the road for us. He did however get his tractor stuck in the mud. There is a ditch right next to the road and then the land goes steeply up for about 8-10 feet. The equipment we have is too light to work well there and the brush gets so high it is hard to see oncoming traffic when going out the driveway. Now it is cut down.

Katla - My green beans just started coming up and last night something ate off the tops. Slugs I think. Got to get my epsom salts out again. Glad you had a good trail ride.

TNToni - Sending good thoughts your way. That situation has to be very hard to deal with.

Sharon - I have not done a float yet but my DD has and she loves it. There is a new place here and we are planning to try it sometime soon.

Pip - Glad you are home safe. Lovely family pictures. Has Yogi met his fiance?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Cheri in swampy TX, smiles and hugs ya! Hey the only way we shall get s handle on this journey is to band together! There is a phrase that helps me.

Once I figure out what's eating me, I won't eat so much!

Its kind of a callous statement, but emotions are woven into our lives so tightly, that when I start making bad choices in food, 99% of the time its when I am preoccupied with an issue.
    Becca
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    I am a CICO gal. The calories MFP chooses based on activity levels and amount per week you would like to lose already includes a calories deficit. I'm set to lose 2 pounds per week if I am true to the plan. If I truly exercise, I eat back the calories. The trick is in knowing exactly how many calories you have burned with exercise as MFP is notoriously high in it's calories burned calculations. Heather has figured this out accurately with her machines and I envy her ability to enjoy her food without guilt. That's what I aspire to as well.
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I've missed you! I've been sick, DH was sick, DS had heart surgery, and DFIL passed away! This has been quite a year. I managed to pick-up 6 pounds but rededicated myself to myself on yesterday. So I'm hoping to be active back in the group starting right now!

Tere in RVA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Hello Tere! Sorry you have had so much trouble. Hope better things are coming your way!