New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    xb3ybp5nno5n.jpg

This is also a thing

I'm pretty sure I need this in my life.
  • avagrace44
    avagrace44 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I love Quest bars, well at least those flavors, but I always microwave them for 15 seconds. Yum. I like the Quest chips a lot too, but I didn't like the BBQ ones as much as the other ones (haven't tried the salt and vinegar ones).

I came across "Pure Protein" bars, the best bar so far that I have tried. Low in sugar and really nice chocolate taste. The dark chocolate coconut is really good, sometimes top it with homemade peanut butter for a Reese peanut butter cup experience. Definitely crush the sugar cravings and you get 19-20 grams protein. The peanut butter one is pretty good, taste/texture like Butterfinger to me anyway. Haven't tried the others yet.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    SuperSeedz and Munchy Seeds - yi5kx8xyng13.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Good News: Oreo O's are coming back this June!!!! Bad News: I heard it's going to be at Walmart, which (mine at least) never did get that Malt-o-Meal cereal similar to it, so they BETTER have this!!!
    http://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a53419/oreo-os-comeback/
    apl0awiyosgd.png

Omg yessssss my favorite cereal as a child
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I really like the allulose. It does leave an aftertaste but it's a sweet one that stays with you a while. It's pleasant to me. :)

To be honest, I'm envious your tastebuds experience it that way.

I really liked that chocolate flavor. I also thought it was a satisfying, filling bar.

That minty thing just got me.

I went to GNC to use a coupon and got one of each... we'll see... Still no One maple donut bar but they had the salted caramel one and blueberry crumble. Any feedback so I know what to expect?

I personally didn't care for the Blueberry crumble ONE bar as much as Quest's blueberry muffin Protein Bar, but that's just me. The salted caramel wasn't a repeat purchase for me, either, personally I'm in the minority in thinking the ONE bars are a bit too sweet in an artificial way. The maple donut one is the only one I keep buying, but hopefully you'll like them more than I did! It just really comes down to how big of a ONE fan you are, if the other bars were satisfying for you then you'll like them without a doubt!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    xb3ybp5nno5n.jpg

This is also a thing

13c55a9c-cf98-4818-899f-534f7dda6887_1.51d8946e4531f7b86bfe1f409e79cbaa.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Ever have these? They are sooooo good
  • glassyo
    Options
    xb3ybp5nno5n.jpg

This is also a thing

13c55a9c-cf98-4818-899f-534f7dda6887_1.51d8946e4531f7b86bfe1f409e79cbaa.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Ever have these? They are sooooo good

I've seen that on the walmart website but I have this thing about my cereals being 110 calories or under (have I mentioned lately that I'm weird? :)) I'm pretty sure the only thing that will override that particular quirk is going to be the oreos cereal because...c'mon! OREOS!!!!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I have to find those salted caramel Oreos for my daughter. She adores anything caramel.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Speaking of oreos....
    qs4m9miqaewj.jpg

Confirmed for this weekend at Walmart. The center is raspberry flavored which I'm not too fond of but I'll probably end up trying anyway. :)

Gah. Why does it have to be Walmart?
    I have to find those salted caramel Oreos for my daughter. She adores anything caramel.

OMG the caramel ones! So dangerous though...

So breakfast

th?id=OIP.0FfsEpBPtsvWSB2RgMNvMAEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Tastes like their cereal bars with a sweet coating to me. Barely taste the caramel. No mint aftertaste (yay). I do like them, but it's definitely not as satisfying as a candy bar!

Quest-Hero-Chocolate-Caramel-Pecan-Protein-Bar.jpg

Yeah this one is definitely closer to a candy bar. No mint either. Chocolate does taste a bit artificial to me but it's still overall pretty tasty and something I could buy more regularly if it didn't cost so much. Again though, definitely reminds me of the Quest beyond chocolate bar.

Now let's see how long two of those bars keep me full for breakfast, lol.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Speaking of oreos....
    qs4m9miqaewj.jpg

Confirmed for this weekend at Walmart. The center is raspberry flavored which I'm not too fond of but I'll probably end up trying anyway. :)

Gah. Why does it have to be Walmart?

OMG the caramel ones! So dangerous though...

So breakfast

th?id=OIP.0FfsEpBPtsvWSB2RgMNvMAEsEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Tastes like their cereal bars with a sweet coating to me. Barely taste the caramel. No mint aftertaste (yay). I do like them, but it's definitely not as satisfying as a candy bar!

Quest-Hero-Chocolate-Caramel-Pecan-Protein-Bar.jpg

Yeah this one is definitely closer to a candy bar. No mint either. Chocolate does taste a bit artificial to me but it's still overall pretty tasty and something I could buy more regularly if it didn't cost so much. Again though, definitely reminds me of the Quest beyond chocolate bar.

OMG! YAY that you don't taste the mint. I'm going to give that chocolate one another go, because I really want to like it.
  • Francl27
    Options

Ok. Not so good. That low carb stuff just doesn't work for me. Ugh.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Speaking of oreos....
    qs4m9miqaewj.jpg

Yesssss!!!!!! I voted for this one.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Also these June 5th.

7duqfnrlahnf.jpg

150cal for 4 thats FOUR measly cookies????!!!!!! HEEELLLLLLL NO!!!!!
    I still dont understand peoples infatuation with Oreos lol

That is the thing about cookies--they're so calorie dense! Even cookies made with IHO syrup aren't great...
  • glassyo
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Also these June 5th.

7duqfnrlahnf.jpg

150cal for 4 thats FOUR measly cookies????!!!!!! HEEELLLLLLL NO!!!!!
    I still dont understand peoples infatuation with Oreos lol

Ugh, you are dead to me. :p

Most store bought cookies are about 75 calories each. The oreo thins are...er...thin but also a good sized cookie so 4 instead of 2 works. :)

I won't try the coconut but, since I ended up loving the salted caramel Halo Top (the "salted" part always makes me shy away), I'll try those.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I finally gave in and put Halo Top in my grocery order. Peanut butter cup and salted caramel. We'll see... :p
  • Francl27
    Options
    I finally gave in and put Halo Top in my grocery order. Peanut butter cup and salted caramel. We'll see... :p

Curious about what you'll think of the salted caramel one! I seem to be the only one who doesn't care for it...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Curious about what you'll think of the salted caramel one! I seem to be the only one who doesn't care for it...

And to make sure I was well-rounded, I also ordered Ben and Jerry's Oat of this Swirled. Their Oatmeal Cookie flavor was one of my favorites, so of course they discontinued it. I'm hoping this new flavor is close!
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    fl2p9t4i7n07.jpg