Options

Replies

• FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new chatters!

Kelly ~ Joaquin is a beautiful boy! :)

I have been so lazy today! The knees and sinus problems have about gotten me down. But, I hope to feel better tomorrow and get out of the house.

My DH has decided not to do the monthly antique show he has been doing for the last few years. I am very happy about that but worry that the extra money won't be there. The buyers have not been there since last summer and it's a lot of work for so little $$$'s. We have to figure out what to do with a house full of "real" antiques. Not the stuff that most of the antique malls are stocking (mostly for decorating). The news ran a bit about the idea that most Americans are not interested in collecting antiquities and are de-cluttering (downsizing). That makes sense.

I have a foot locker full of vintage/antique jewelry that I guess will be packed up and stored.

Carol in GA

I am realizing less is better in not only in my weight but our belongings.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My Dad's Mom had an ice box in an old side room. She also had a regular refrigerator but we all liked the ice box 2r a h7ot se7r789808999999jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj2. Sorry about that. Mr Mozart just ran across the key board. Anyway, we went up there every summer for a week. We knew we would be working since she still had a small farm and Dad's brother had a big farm. In Minnesota you have 5 meals a day if you live on a farm. Some of my most memories came from those summers. She also continued to use a wood burning stove/cook top. Very old typical farm house.

Yes, my new kitty can be exasperating at times. To us and to Melody. But last night Melody was dishing out as much as Mr Mozart was giving. They chased each other around the house so many times. He tried to get inside my housecoat to play today but I wouldn't let him. When I do laundry, I Iike to be washing every item of clothes I own. I have two housecoats and I out my spare one on. So I was completely buff under the hosuecoat. Wasn't going to allow that. He is beginning to recognize the blue bottle though. It is my water bottle, my weapon! I finally got Charlie to use it today. We like to eat in the living room. I wouldn't allow my cat to be on the kitchen table so why should I let them try to be on our lap or around the food while we eat. Melody already knows it. Charlie was just trying to push him away and he got tired of that so he is using the bottle. Plus if I used it, them I got Charlie wet also.

Lisa, you are right, 2 cats in a little over 200 sq ft would be disastrous unless they were adult and liking each other.

Carol, love the grand kids. Especially holding hands.

Karen, Jauquim won't be that size in 4 weeks. Enjoy and send all the extra Grandma love from all of us.

Well I will bring 2.2 pounds to the discussion. It's not my wieght gain or loss but I finally weighed little squirt. I am sure that is several ounces more than Thursday last week.

Have a good day, Joyce Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    home from work, and in my jammies having a cup of tea...working 7:30-12 tomorrow . been fighting a headache all day..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    :)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies. My golf game got cut short due to heavy rains. It is still raining and back yard is flooding. So far the river hasn't come over the bank.
    Joaquin is absolutely adorable. They just grow up too fast.
    So it is day two of my renewed determination and I feel good with my choices today. If it rains all weekend as forecast, I may be in trouble because I will be bored. However, I could wash my inside windows, right?
    Welcome to the newbies. So nice to meet new people.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning glories! I am actually on early (ish) this morning! I had to get both DYS and DH up by 4 am this morning. DYS had to be to work by 5am and DH had on online meeting with his European IT coworkers. So...along with getting my yard sprinkled, my walk, and my strength challenge done; I also got two loads of laundry, a load of dishes, breakfast and some daycare paperwork done! Yea! AND to top it off, my early arrival kids will not be here today, so that gives me an extra 45 minutes before kids arrive! Whoot! Friday=so far so good!
    Loving all of the pictures!
    Carol- Are your kids on a swim team? Cute pic! Love the goggles and did you see, they are holding hands?! Just sweet! o:)
    Beth- it's called life. I know it is not an excuse for not staying on track; but life is messy and disruptive sometimes! Hang in there! Refocus! You've got this!
    New girls- Welcome! Great group here!
    Mary- Feel better! Hope whatever you are going through has an "easy" fix. Maybe some rest? Thinking of you! <3
    Pip- You say you hate the wind; but I think if there ever was a week when you didn't face the wind, it would be like a movie with no bad guy. You need the wind to be the superhero that you are! B)
    Pet Peeve- Did the laundry today and found two sticks of lip balm and four (FOUR!) paperclips. I am pretty sure DH has a death wish! >:)

Gotta fly...ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

But I don't wanna b a superheroooooo.
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs everyone. Take care of yourselves.

Paula Y
  • FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @KJLaMore Joaquin is a doll! <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Toni in TN: Congratulations on getting your medicine situation handled. Yay!!! :smiley:

Mia: Nice day for you. I love it when people feel blessed. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: The gallbladder attacks were definitely the worst pain I've experienced. Childbirth is not even close to that painful. I'm happy to have had the gallbladder removal surgery. :smiley:

alexxstarnes: Welcome! :star:

KJLaMore: Joaquin is adorable. Share the photo as often as you like. He makes me happy. :smile:

Cheri: Congratulations on the weight loss. :star::heart: star:

I have a riding lesson tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. I'll have to report Arrow's bad behavior to my teacher and get advice for future use in case it happens again. Arrow, not being perfectly well behaved, is a great teacher. The skills I learn for dealing with him will easily translate to other horses.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Pat, you are so right that this thing only works if we have the right attitude. It’s not always easy or fun but the payoff is great. Congrats on the size 16.

Barbie, how nice that Jake got to go to the game. And that you got the house to yourself for a while. <3

Lanette, my DH does go grocery shopping but guess he doesn’t get to talk a lot to the checkers. I didn’t think about it until I read your post, but when we do have a service person at the house, DH talks their ears off. LOL I do hate that he chooses not to have any outside friends to talk to. It would sure help me.

MicheleNC, good luck with your goal. Let us know how that goes. Not sure I could do that one.

Heather, I love the cushion! I see why you like it.

CarolGA, darling grands.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I took the day off from the gym but did exercise close to an hour at home this morning. Yeah, Me!!! I did some dusting and some cooking. I boiled some chicken and deboned it then made chicken salad. I cleaned some broccoli and cauliflower that I later cooked for dinner. Tomorrow morning I have to be at the Moose lodge at 8:00 for a training class. That is early to be somewhere for this old retired gal.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC