What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    [quote

Weighed myself this morning and I'm 129.4 lbs! 125 here I come!! I also managed a 7minute 50 second mile this last weekend: new goal to have multiple 8 minute miles in one run. I'm not sure how much faster I really need or want to go beyond this. Maybe 7:30 mile but that is probably as far as I'll push myself, anything beyond that is not necessary to me. I'm not trying to do competitions or runs.

I would love to be that fast. You have inspired me to work on my running this summer. I've lost 50+ pounds but still feel like a very slow runner. I'm going to time myself doing a mile run next week and then work on improving my time.
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    @sunny_d22 thank you, glad to inspire. What has helped me a bunch is having a voice coach app that pushes me and tells me when to run, sprint, slow run. I also use Runtastic(gps tracking and it watched elevation as well) to track times and calorie burn and I watch my times as I am running. I have also found I don't just run, I switch my cardio between elliptical/stairclimber/running(outside or treadmill when outside doesn't workout). I try to only run 3 times a week and I try to do Intervals(with short bursts of sprints), a long slow run, & a moderate steady run(trying to get my running cadence a little faster).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!