New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Definitely closer texture to real ice cream than Halo Top's chocolate flavor, but the taste is very similar if not the exact same. I personally get bored with plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream, but for those who enjoy them or use them as bases for homemade sundaes then Enlightened definitely wins both! Just make sure you give Enlightened a little longer to thaw (I usually let it sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes, or you can let this one sit even longer until it melts more and feels like a mousse)
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Yes @kellyjellybellyjelly anxiously awaiting review I checked Walmart today didn't have

Have any of you guys tried these ?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Definitely closer texture to real ice cream than Halo Top's chocolate flavor, but the taste is very similar if not the exact same. I personally get bored with plain chocolate or vanilla ice cream, but for those who enjoy them or use them as bases for homemade sundaes then Enlightened definitely wins both! Just make sure you give Enlightened a little longer to thaw (I usually let it sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes, or you can let this one sit even longer until it melts more and feels like a mousse)
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg

Wow i'm surprised you like the quest bar so much because I really didn't like the vanilla Caramell flavor that much but it could've been because I wasn't that hungry when I ate it and I find when you aren't hungry quest bars taste way overly sweet ha ha. I must've just gotten a bad bar because mine barely had any Caramell and it was sent during you like the pictures show it was just a very very thin piece so I will probably give them another shot i still want to try the chocolate
  • patriciab2002156
    patriciab2002156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    GolfsOften wrote: »
    I've recently taken a liking to the KIND bars.

I love Kind bars!

I recently bought some yasso frozen yogurt ice cream bars. like them. have tried the mint chocolate chip, cookies and coffee flavor. Also, for protein bars, my favorite is peanut butter clif bar. also white macademia coconut chip..
  • hgycta
    Options
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg

Wow i'm surprised you like the quest bar so much because I really didn't like the vanilla Caramell flavor that much but it could've been because I wasn't that hungry when I ate it and I find when you aren't hungry quest bars taste way overly sweet ha ha. I must've just gotten a bad bar because mine barely had any Caramell and it was sent during you like the pictures show it was just a very very thin piece so I will probably give them another shot i still want to try the chocolate

To be honest I wasn't too hungry either haha I just LOVE sweets, I have a relentless craving for sugary stuff :p but the blueberry cobbler bar hardly had any blueberry, the layer of caramel in this bar was quite a bit thicker! Perhaps it's just a luck of the draw haha I'll probably go to the store next time I get them and feel them to weigh out the heaviest ones and just save more calories for it XD
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg
    xbvyuxuxgrrh.jpg

To be honest I wasn't too hungry either haha I just LOVE sweets, I have a relentless craving for sugary stuff :p but the blueberry cobbler bar hardly had any blueberry, the layer of caramel in this bar was quite a bit thicker! Perhaps it's just a luck of the draw haha I'll probably go to the store next time I get them and feel them to weigh out the heaviest ones and just save more calories for it XD

Mine had barely any caramel too! And I don't find them filling one bit, unfortunately. I probably won't buy them again :(

My microwave has a 'soften ice cream' option that works great for Halo Top and Enlightened actually. But I typically have to do 1.5 cycle with HT for some reason, while 1 is enough for Enlightened... go figure.

I tried the Enlightened Red Velvet yesterday and ended up eating the whole pint. It's tasty! But I had the same weird taste in my mouth afterwards than I did with the strawberry cheesecake one... probably from the 'cream cheese' in both.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ok so the salted caramel Oreo thins... so disappointing. Just can't taste the caramel flavor at all. I mean, it's not bad, considering that golden Oreo thins are tasty, but they just really don't taste different.

I didn't get the coconut ones, not on sale and I don't think I'll finish the box (my kids don't like coconut).
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    1w9tcjrukk9d.jpg
    mva0dbc9v87t.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    1w9tcjrukk9d.jpg
    mva0dbc9v87t.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing if there's a release date anywhere in your post or not because I'm crying so many tears of happiness
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    1w9tcjrukk9d.jpg
    mva0dbc9v87t.jpg

I'm having a hard time seeing if there's a release date anywhere in your post or not because I'm crying so many tears of happiness

I saw these at Walmart just last week, so they're definitely out. I was tempted to buy a box, but I already had a ton of other groceries.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    1w9tcjrukk9d.jpg
    mva0dbc9v87t.jpg

Found these from a seller on eBay! $18.00 for a box of 12 :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I finally found the Cotton Candy Twinkies!

I NEED YOU TO REPORT BACK ASAP TO LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE. My father was going to Walmart last night so I asked him to check for them (and also for Oreo O's cereal), but he didn't see either. He did bring back Chocolate Twinkies, but that just doesn't cut it for me I need to find Cotton Candy!!!

I also picked up the other two Quest Hero bars despite hating the Blueberry Cobbler flavor and today I tried the Vanilla Caramel. I thought the Blueberry Cobbler was very artificial and yes, I noticed that a bit in the Vanilla Caramel, too, BUT I LOVED IT. The caramel was so gooey and satisfying, the entire bar was to die for! I would never choose the Blueberry Cobbler bar over a hardcore candy bar craving, but that caramel sauce in the Vanilla Caramel bar sure would make me consider replacing this one for a candy bar. I love the Cinnamon Roll Beyond Cereal Bar, and this was definitely just an even sweeter, improved version of that. If they could make a bar like this with a dark chocolate coating and a peanut butter caramel layer I would be in heaven.

While picking up Quest stuff I also splurged on a full tub of the Cinnamon Crunch protein powder. I had it in the labs and wasn't crazy about it, thought it was sort of bitter and artificial like the Cookies & Cream, but this final version is A LOT better. If anyone tried the Cinnamon Crunch powder in the labs and hated it, definitely give it another try! It's much sweeter and has a stronger cinnamon flavor. Reminds me a lot of the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch CTD Protein Powder... in fact, it's nearly identical!

8se5opob90rf.jpg

Basically it is a regular Twinkie with Strawberry flavored Cotton Candy (agreed with the Youtube review that said they also thought it tasted like Cotton Candy). I think for the novelty factor it was ok to try at least once, but could have been better if it came in the frozen fried Twinkie variety.

I still would've preferred to have the Cotton Candy Oreos back.
  • hgycta
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So I decided to try the Toasted Almond Enlightened per @leanitup123's suggestion. For 240 calories an entire pint I certainly can't say it's bad, but it's my least favorite. Compared to the other flavors it's very bland and the flavor reminds me of the time I accidentally made a cheesecake crust and used way too much pure almond extract. I can see where people who like more subtle, sophisticated flavors might enjoy this pint as bits of it do remind me of an amaretto, but personally I want something A LOT sweeter and in my face. I was also surprised with how little ice cream was in the pint compared to the other flavors I purchased!
    j3lu3cp6hqau.jpg
  • leanitup123
    Options
  • hgycta
    Options

....where.... o////o <3333
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Purchased this evening at the local convenience store; can't wait to try!!

pb9sm2fti32g.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Those are addicting!

I found them at the Grocery Outlet last year.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Definitely the least artificial out of the bunch but not as sweet (and therefore in my opinion, not as good) as the vanilla caramel flavor. Since they used the chocolate cookie that always reminded me of a deep fried Oreo I would have enjoyed this MUCH more with a cookies & cream influence, but it was very true to its flavor, lots of pecans!
    nso0iqwkgcnc.jpg
    e32ab69ii01i.jpg