30 Day Shred - Start July 15!

Options

Replies

• RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    L2D2 DONE!!! Whew! I really think level 2 is way more cardio than level 1!!! And I am a glutton for punishment since I followed it with Yoga Meltdown! >.< I hope I'm not in pain tomorrow! LOL!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    L2 D1

KO'ed.
    That is how I feel.

That was BRUTAL.
    I had to take more breaks in the first session then i have ever had to do in all the 10 days of Level 1 combined I think.
    I was sweating so much with all those planks it was hard to stay on the mat. :(
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Keep going
  • Margie2210
    Margie2210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done. I worked with 8lbs weights today for most of the resistance exercises (I usually use a combo of 5lbs and 3lbs weights) - except the side lunges with lateral raises, I had to stick to my 3lbs :) Hoping I'll feel the burn a little in my arms today.

@afitchpatrick: I think you should just keep going. I missed two days last week and just picked back up. I have also seen results posts from the 30ds that will say something like "I did the 30ds in 32 days cause I skipped two days. . ." so I think it is okay.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wow I look at all of these posts and think man have I got a long way to go! I just finished L1D3. At least I am staying with it and my endurance is improving ever so slowly. I WILL get there! I tjust feels so good after I have finished. So energized. I love the feeling.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    I must have been doing something wrong during the exercise yesterday because my upper back really hurts today. :(
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Did a 6 mile run with my sister this morning, then came home and did L2D4,whew....glad I'm done for the day!!!!

Anyways, I am going camping for 5 days next week. I am going to try and keep up with level 3 while I am there....I am going to write it down and use a timer. This is my plan at least, we'lll see if i can stick too it. We are camping in Tahoe, so it might be rough in thin air.
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    THANX EVERYONE I DID IT LAST NITE SO WE WILL SAY L1 DAY5. IM DEF DOIN IT 2 NITE WHEN I GET OFF WORK HOPEFULLY MY LEGS WILL COOPERATE CAUSE THEY HURT 2 DAY
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    One of those days where it took everything I had to get 'er done but I did it! L2D2 (sounds like R2DT :smile: ) finished! My dogs thing that the walk out push-ups are a big game hahaha.

Like a couple of you are so close to finishing level 1, way to go, SO close!
  • Apryl546
    Options
    My upper back is really bothering me today. I'm going to let this be a rest day and I'll continue tomorrow.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I actually did something to my upper back this morning while doing 30DS. Gonna have to take today off too and hopefully i'll be able to get back on it tomorrow! Hope you're feeling better Apry1546
  • Kristin6608
    Kristin6608 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. Tuesday I didn't feel well so I took it off. Wednesday I still didn't feel well but I convinced myself to at least try and I completed level 1. Today I am feeling a bit better but HOLY MOLY! Level 2 is killer on the first day. I tried to do the advanced move whenever I could but for the most part had to modify and take a ton of breaks. Hopefully I will improve like I did in level 1 and by the end it will seem a lot easier.

So to sum it up... Level 2 Day 1 complete. I am soaked but it is done.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    The day break did wonders. I'm not 100% but it's not as painful as yesterday. Will be doing L2D2 tonight.
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    did l1d6 last nite. DOES THE TIGHTNESS AND PAIN IN THE LEGS EVER GO AWAY? IM GOIN TO DO DAY 7 2 NITE BUT I KNOW ITS GOIN 2 DEF B A STRUGGLE 4 ME. I CAN C WHY PEOPLE WOULD GIVE UP.
  • Timdog57
    Timdog57 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What equipment is required for 30DS?
  • Kristin6608
    Kristin6608 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What equipment is required for 30DS?

Simple hand weights and a yoga mat if you are working on a hard surface. And of course the video :)
  • Timdog57
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Do you use more than one set of dumbells, or do you find one wieght to be appropriate for all movements in all workouts?
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @timdog, I use 3# and 5# weights, depending on the exercise, my hubby uses 8#. It's a lot of lifting in a short amount of time, so I don't recommend heavy weights, unless your super fit. She goes fast too, so better light to prevent injury....this is just my opinion.

Oh, and L2 D5, done!!!
  • Timdog57
    Options
    Thanks so much for the info!!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    L2D4 = DONE!! :) Man ... all those planks are killer on my shoulders!! Whew!! O.o