Replies

• MrHillman22
    MrHillman22 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate donut with breakfast today
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I confess Relay for Life weekend really irks me, not because I am a monster against cancer research or people getting together having a good time but because Relay For Life CEO's are money grubbing a holes. At least 60% (probably slightly more these days) of the billions made this weekend will go to their salaries. Roughly 15% goes to setting up the relays all over the nation and only leaving only 5-15% going to actual cancer research. I research before donating to any organization. My eyes were opened when I started my Cystic Fibrosis fundraising team years ago. 90% of our efforts go to CF research and that's how it should be. You are better off donating directly to a cancer research hospital, St. Jude's, Make A Wish or find a local cancer chapter where the money benefits an actual local cancer patient.

*that felt good to say, steps off soapbox*

I quiet agree. not about relay for life as I don't know what that is but over here we have "cancer research" and all the money goes into lobbying and renting out very expensive private office space and pay for pods and fancy chairs not to mention giving staff nerf guns (hundreds of them) to de-stress..
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I confess Relay for Life weekend really irks me, not because I am a monster against cancer research or people getting together having a good time but because Relay For Life CEO's are money grubbing a holes. At least 60% (probably slightly more these days) of the billions made this weekend will go to their salaries. Roughly 15% goes to setting up the relays all over the nation and only leaving only 5-15% going to actual cancer research. I research before donating to any organization. My eyes were opened when I started my Cystic Fibrosis fundraising team years ago. 90% of our efforts go to CF research and that's how it should be. You are better off donating directly to a cancer research hospital, St. Jude's, Make A Wish or find a local cancer chapter where the money benefits an actual local cancer patient.

I quiet agree. not about relay for life as I don't know what that is but over here we have "cancer research" and all the money goes into lobbying and renting out very expensive private office space and pay for pods and fancy chairs not to mention giving staff nerf guns (hundreds of them) to de-stress..

Exactly. The "big" chapters are big because they are more of a company than a fundraising campaign. It's a bit of a scam, really. Stay local, stay small. Then your money really counts. Instead of supporting these huge entities and their CEO's.

Edited to add: not all big fundraising events are scammers, St. Jude, Make A Wish and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation do really put most of your money where they say they are. There's a few more too but just research it before blindly signing a check.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

I confess I already knew a lot of this, but don't have the heart to tell the folks at my church because they spend all year raising money for Relay, and it's been the biggest non-religious event on their calendar for the last 10 years... well before I showed up.

So I'll go walk with them today. Bake cookies for the overnight walkers. And generally be the cheerleader I'm supposed to be.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    I confess that other than the beautiful daughter I have. I regret all the years I spent being with Men.

I can relate. On my bad days, I regret every relationship I ever had with a man. It never ends well, at least for me lol
  • Svanel
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I've been wearing my panda pjs all day... but I did brush my hair :)

that's cute lol i love pandas. i just recently got myself a pair of panda socks to lounge around in the house in haha if i had seen panda pj's i so would have bought them!
  • Svanel
    Options
    jajomo0118 wrote: »
    I confess I want to use my Moms recent and unexpected death as an excuse to eat until I gain all the weight back.

:( i don't know you or your mother but i would think that she being your mom, she would want you to stay strong and keep your head up. hugs :(
  • Svanel
    Options
    I confess that my life is in absolute !@#$ shambles right now.

i feel the same. what i hate most is how helpless i feel about it all. keep your head up!
  • Svanel
    Options
    FlamCake wrote: »
    I confess I'm not even a fraction as confident as I act. When I work out, if I glance in the mirror, I start crying, because looking at myself, I hear my Ex-husband's voice telling me that it doesn't matter what I do, I'll never be good enough.

and he probably told you that because he felt he wasn't good enough for you, wanted to control you, couldn't handle that you were beyond good enough, etc. etc. trust me, YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, in fact you are better than good enough. Don't forget to tell yourself that when you look at yourself in the mirror. It takes time to get over mental *kitten* like that but you'll get past it. You will.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I confess that it's hit me that the wife and I have completely different homemaking skills. She is a laid-back, eclectic, with a "meh" attitude type girl, and I am so terribly ADD OCD that everything MUST be minimalist, in it's proper place, at 90 degree corners, and placed just so according to size and colour. It gives me a massive amount of anxiety to find kids' things where it shouldn't be, cereal in the couch, dog hair EVERYwhere, and no organization at all. It's difficult for me to let go and let people just live, but it's breaking my brain and I find it difficult to find peace at home.... thankfully, she recognizes this and gives me a lot of freedom to change the home that's been hers for years before I got here.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I confess, I have no clue what the points are for on MFP.. please don't add me to the dumbest thing said thread.. :o

What points? I've never heard of points...which makes me want to confess I did not read all the rules either.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Work doesn't take care of itself.
    I don't think they are going anywhere...
    Just kidding. You do an amazing job & my hat is off to you. I guess there's never really a set schedule in your line of work.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Work doesn't take care of itself.
    I don't think they are going anywhere...
    Just kidding. You do an amazing job & my hat is off to you. I guess there's never really a set schedule in your line of work.

Thank you! I needed to hear that.

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I was dreading today because of all the candid pictures that will inevitably show up on social media.

However, after seeing the ones I've already seen I'm looking at them and can't believe it's me! I'm so much smaller than last year at the same event.

That's an awesome NSV!
  • Svanel
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I was dreading today because of all the candid pictures that will inevitably show up on social media.

However, after seeing the ones I've already seen I'm looking at them and can't believe it's me! I'm so much smaller than last year at the same event.

yayy!!
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm sick and tired of the only person I have to talk to being my judgmental *kitten* of a mother in law.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    to get in the bath and not have all the water get out...

that might be the smell though