The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options

Replies

• JDHayesBC
    JDHayesBC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been thinking how much I used to love to run... in track and field and just plain running to get somewhere. I'm mortified that at the age of 53 my tendons and calves can go .5k before they start sending warning signals. I am so looking forward to fixing that.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    When did I stop being young?
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I've no doubt examples exist. I'm not saying what turtle said is a lie, just asking how an 11yr old manages a 200kg 650cc motorbike on backroads. who knows turt might be a 6'6 giant!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    remember TV when you only had a handful of channels , you had to get up from your chair to change the channels
    and that snow look

3w5dx6j6384s.gif

We had a black and white TV. Remember moving the antenna to get the channel. Turning the channel button to get the channel. Those were the days. Look how far we come. HDMI 4k
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    How da feck did u ride a cb650 at 11 or 12?? it's got a curb weight of what 200kg? top end of over a 100 and like most bikes back then a 30inch seat height. :lol:

In 6th grade, I was probably between 5'7"-5'8" & wore a men's size 12 shoe & weighed about 150-170 lbs. It was a good stretch, to reach the ground, but it was worth the ride. It was a lot faster than the dirtbike too which is mostly why I rode it. I spent my summers working cows on the farm, throwing square bales of hay & carrying rocks out of a field nearly every day starting at the age of 10. Picking a motorcycle up off the ground wouldn't have been too difficult for me if it had ever come to that in 6th grade. I was just a good old corn fed country boy.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Staying up way too late on school day nights, just like I do now on work day nights!

Some things never change I guess, can't fight my nature
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    I remember trying to use the restroom without my sister knowing! (she'd sneak the neighborhood boys to the window to look in. *sigh*
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    @JeanieWww WTF! Was your sister older or younger than you? That's messed up. LOL
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    yes, she was. I thought so too. Quite traumatized me. Course, she was going through an odd time. She'd even punch me so hard in the stomach that I couldn't take a breath in.
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    I hit my brother in the head with a baseball bat once. Not my fault though. He walked behind me when I was mid swing. We were playing hickory nut baseball & he walked right into my backswing.
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    Sister picked me up and threw me across the room and split my head open on a table corner. She never got in trouble. I got stitches.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    JeanieWww wrote: »
    I remember trying to use the restroom without my sister knowing! (she'd sneak the neighborhood boys to the window to look in. *sigh*

what the *kitten*? your sister was all kinds of messed up
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    she was then. She's ok now. She called me one year on Christmas and asked me to forgive her for trying to kill me. I simply asked, "which time?" but I forgave her. She's not who she was. She didnt' know what she was doing.
  • FireTurtle75
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ouch! That sucks. I always let my brother beat me up even though I physically outclassed & outweighed him by a pretty significant margin. Not sure why, other than he was older than me & it started when I was smaller than him, but eventually I could have overpowered him pretty easily & I was afraid I would hurt him badly if I retaliated, but we're all good now.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    JeanieWww wrote: »
    yes, she was. I thought so too. Quite traumatized me. Course, she was going through an odd time. She'd even punch me so hard in the stomach that I couldn't take a breath in.

sheesh...siblings, my brother gave me 2 black eyes and 2 bloody noses, pretty sure the punch to the nose is what *kitten* my nose up
  • FireTurtle75
    Options
    Thankfully he never had people spy on me in the bathroom though. I'm still WTFing over that. LOL
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    I figure it this way. All her crap made me a survivor. One who can think for herself. Do for herself. And I know how NOT to treat others. So... it's all good :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    When did I stop being young?

I stopped being young from the time bills came rolling in. No time to play around :sweat:
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I remember locking hands with my dad and then we would both put all our weight into trying to push the other backward (I'm sure he went easy on me).

I remember slapping my brother so hard I would leave red handprints on him. I've been known to cry to this day because I feel so much regret over that, and he probably doesn't even care.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I remember locking hands with my dad and then we would both put all our weight into trying to push the other backward (I'm sure he went easy on me).

I remember slapping my brother so hard I would leave red handprints on him. I've been known to cry to this day because I feel so much regret over that, and he probably doesn't even care.

You must be strong man beater :lol: