WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wow he is out of OR already, sawing logs.... Haven't chatted with the doctor yet.
    Becca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Louise ~ My middle name is Louise also. There is another Louise here that is called Weezie. My mom was Louise and all of the younger grandchildren called her Weezie. My son kind of started this because he was the first grandchild and called her Grandma Weeze.

Carol Louise in GA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you and the (fingers crossed) non-yellow husband, Becca!

Lisa in West Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    June Accountability
    Progress - Monday, June 12th

✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B2, L2, D25, AS6, BBS23 = 58)
    2. Fiber 30g (25g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    6. No eating after 9pm.
    7. In bed by 12am
    8. Zone work - 15 minutes daily

• Did okay on my eating yesterday.
    • Nice bath. Got in bed by 10:30. Listened to podcast and couldn't get sleepy. Back up at 1am. DM90 also up. I made her a snack - peach pie with ice cream. That's when I had my yogurt. We watched something on TV (The Great British Baking Show) until DM felt drowsy. She likes that show and can follow it easily with her hearing loss.

Monday weigh-in: 290.8. Results of this past week's binging episodes.

Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Becca - prayers for you, your husband, and family. I hope your husband feels great quickly! No yellow!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    becca <3 speedy recovery for DH! Sending love and strength

Heather proud of you <3

A tough day for me. Changes are all swirling around me and I am hanging in there.

"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% is how I react to it". Charles Swindoll

NYKAREN
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Re - you inspire me. Congratulations on getting into Onederland!

I wrote a post to you last night but it evaporated into cyberspace when I posted it. You mentioned "BONES everywhere". Reminded me of a time when I was about age 20 and dropped from 172 to 125. I told my mother my hip bones hurt. They were sore. Mom said "oh! There's nothing wrong with you. You've simply discovered those bones you haven't seen before and you've kept rubbing them subconsciously until you've become sore." She was right. But... my favorite part of losing that weight was being able to cross my legs with one knee over the other.

Thank you for the inspiration. ❤️ ;-)
    --Ginger in Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Becca ... praying all is well

Pip ... glad to hear Kirby is OK ... must have been the angle of the photo!

I still weigh less than my husband, but there have been periods of time where it was awfully close! For some reason it has always been important for me to be smaller than him ...

Ginger ... you are a survivor!

Well the job fell through for my younger son, but, as luck would have it, my older son has a shortage of staff for the next 6-8 weeks. So younger son is working for his older brother as a personal care aide. He'll be paid through the agency that provides aides to my older son. He really had a hard time finding work. Younger son is also going to spend the rest of his time helping his dad and I finally get this yard more manageable. This is normal, I know, for your children to help ... but we're asking him to really step outside of his comfort and ability zone. He won't be paid, but he wants to "repay" us for taking care of his tuition.

My husband is having continuing and worsening problems with his legs. There is permanent nerve damage/loss in the one foot and now he is having problems with his one leg just "leaving him." Going completely numb. Another MRI is being ordered.

Beth

• weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm back from the weekend - I did not walk as much as I hoped to do, but back at it today. I did log my food and had some extras, but nothing like it would have been without some future planning. My weight is up a little, but my moving average is good, so not stressing. Just back to my regular life at home and taking care of myself. I did get to the store to get a few things that make it easier to make the better choices.

Lenora, Your hair looks great! I loved Hidden Figures and Sully, too! I also loved Lion. Several people I know did not want to see it because they do not like Nicole Kidman, however, she has a very small role in the movie (at least in my opinion). The rest of the movie is fantastic and I still think about it sometimes. It is a true story.

The posts from the weekend were full of lots of ups and downs and I enjoyed seeing how everyone was doing. You sure can tell that this group has been going for awhile.

Talk soon,

Louise in Vegas
  • BronTonyRollyBeau
    BronTonyRollyBeau Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Iv'e just returned and was last here in 2015. I'm looking to make friends near and far. All support and advice is welcome. T.I.A :smiley:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Allie – Crocodile tears and being all gushy … What a Tomcat! Howling and Yowling because he isn't getting his way. Well, ... too bad, so sad, you're too late ... deal with it. You know him better than any of us, but, why put you through that again. I thought the last time this subject came up you were willing to ‘try again’ and things only got worse. Go to the attorney and tell him ‘to do whatever to set it into motion’ … find out when he is going to be served and conveniently be ‘away so that if he goes ballistic, you won’t have to call the police/sheriff'. You really don't want for him to have to go through hiring an attorney to represent him in a domestic case. But, you can have him 'temporarily' put out, while y'all work through a settlement agreement.

Ginger – The one thing I wanted most to do was to be able to cross my legs; but, I have gotten so use to only crossing my ankles, that it feels strange to cross legs knee-over-knee.

Becca – {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and DH. I know you are happy the procedure is over and he seems to be sleeping it off.

I have a question … Do any of you grow orchids? One reason I am asking is that I have one that won’t ‘open’ fully and I don’t know whether it is because of the type it is; which I don’t know. It has bunches of blooms, that are fat and look like upside-down tulips bulbs before they pop open. It is white with a lot of deep maroon/purple splotches on it. The blooms are ‘not’ spent; they are firm, none have fallen off.

When I get down to 145lb – I can feel my hip bones. But, I don’t remember them ever hurting, I was in the hospital getting over being “Lithium Toxic” and I don’t remember 3 weeks in the ICU other than Louis telling me that I was constantly having seizures, which he still can watch any medical TV show where someone is having seizures; but, he can calm me down when I have one in front of him. Today, I have had the urge to eat any kind of ‘nuts’ we have in the house. I know they contain a lot of ‘fat’; but, also protein. Tomorrow AM, I go for my weigh-in. I haven’t gone over too much this past 2 week insofar as CI; and, I have worked my CO enough to make up for it (I guess I am eating my calories back). Even though I don’t count them.

DDnL#1 is ‘supposed’ to have an interview for another job. The pay is higher; but, she needs to find out it they ‘pay’ for health insurance and if it covers the entire family. I think both DOS and she are much better off after they have filed for bankruptcy, took a load off their shoulders, so I hope they have ‘learned’ something from this. Apparently, they’ve been in touch with the bank, who asked if there was anything wrong with the van; Trey told them ‘it was drivable and no damage to it’. I guess they wanted to know if they needed to send a wrecker or just a 2nd driver. Or if they will just tell him to bring it in and turn in the keys. We all went out to eat and stopped at Wal-Mart for them to pick up a couple of things. It was taking them a lot longer than it should and I just could not wait. Louis and I had been sitting in the car; when I got back the door was locked. Trey finally opened it and they were all laughing. I told Trey that I was going to get his Dad to move it and then we’d stand in the parking slot and tell them that the bank had picked it up. He was laughing and said they had also thought about moving it. At least his senses of humor has come back. Trey has still not made any moves towards finding permanent employment. I laughed and told him he had a birthday coming up this weekend (16th) and he said, ‘no, I am not getting any older’. Good, that means neither will I.

Louise in Vegas – Lion is one of the movies on our list to get. I don’t know when we’ll be getting it; but, I really enjoy movies that are based on ‘true events’. Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I have enjoyed it so much and I’m happy that I have a hairdresser that knows how to cut it like Tami’s co-worker. I really did not much care for Nichole Kidman until she married Keith Urban; she started acting a little less ‘stuck-up’ IMHO.

OK - So we do have at least 2 Louise’s … one in Vegas and the Bear Lady? Is that correct?

Lenora