Foods with shocking high cals

Options

Replies

• Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tahini. I love the flavour, especially in Halva desserts, but it has an eye-watering 600 cals per 100g (or 170 cals per 1 oz).
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    pdmccone wrote: »
    If you want a excellent tortilla that is low calorie, carb and high fiber I would recommend Ole Xtreme Wellness Tortilla. They are I think 10 inch and 50 calories, 11 dietary fiber, soft and taste excellent.

Sigh.

Not in Canada from what I see.

Tortilla's I'm having are 180 cals and I'd love to try a lower cal version that tastes good.
  • allybambi
    allybambi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm not shocked by it, but peanut butter calories make me a little sad :laugh:

Same here. Oreos are another. Look at the serving size and the calories on the package. It'll flat out shock you. I wish they made a lower calorie version of them but they don't bother. How many of you remember sitting down to eat a third or even half a package of those things with milk in the evenings. My wife always liked chips/dip, I liked oreos and milk haha. No wonder I got so fat. Body by Oreo lol.

you can get oreo thins which are slightly less calorific? i have the tiramisu ones which are really nice and 32 cals each
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I still remember the day when my husband looked up the calories on his beloved McGriddle. It's almost a Big Mac... Guess he shouldn't have been shocked.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A sauces are very high in calories for such a little packet!

Yes, 140 calories per tiny little packet. I nearly cried.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    pdmccone wrote: »
    If you want a excellent tortilla that is low calorie, carb and high fiber I would recommend Ole Xtreme Wellness Tortilla. They are I think 10 inch and 50 calories, 11 dietary fiber, soft and taste excellent.

Sigh.

Not in Canada from what I see.

Tortilla's I'm having are 180 cals and I'd love to try a lower cal version that tastes good.

I'm not low carb but I go shop at their stores for La Tortilla Factory tortillas and they're amazing. I buy the smaller ones for tacos @ 70 cals (we count the fibre as calories so they're the same as the 45cal US ones) I get it at Low Carb Grocery; they also have large ones for 110 cals but 10g protein and tons of fibre
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tortillas

^^This. It's sad how many tortilla chips you actually get for 150calories. ugh. Peanut butter and cereal sucks too. I can't buy either anymore.