Options
    Happy Birthday Becca!
    Sounds like you enjoyed the day.

--Ginger in Texas
    nnnmqd3qlrqt.jpg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Patrick Godeau's Lean Hot Body DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water aerobics class.

Steve said he was planning to leave today and head to FL. I have some butterscotch spice cookies for him to take. Butterscotch chips won't melt in the FL heat.

Joyce - I love hearing about the antics of the kitten and the intereactions with Melody

Sharon - what a sweetie you have in your arms. I do hope you get less pain as time goes on

Heather - enjoy the picnic!

Lenora - does your trampoline have the net around it? My mimi-tramp doesn't. Did you get a full sized one?

Lanette - this guy is really nice. His wife is the one who is in the nursing home. One time she called him, since there is bad reception at the nursing home he only hear "I want" "So he rushed over there. When he asked her what she wanted she said "A glass of water". He just said "why didn't you ask the CNA?" I don't know if she thinks he's right there or not. He needs knee replacement BADLY. He just had an infection so couldn't have it. Recently, he was cleared to have it, now I'm guessing he won't be able to for a while. He made himself toast last night and said it took everything he had to get back to his chair. My heart goes out to him. I would want someone to do something like this for me or Vince if ever I was in this situation, which is why I do it for someone else.

Well, Steve left to go to FL. I gave him the butterscotch spice cookies. Then I went in the pool and Vince went to the MD. They froze off the "mole". Now he'd like to go bowling.

Cheri - I wish I had a Planet Fitness near me. It would be a good compliment to the Y

Becca - happy birthday

I've learned that when I come in from the pool I'm usually very hungry. The other day I had a piece of chocolate cake just because it was handy. So today before I went out, I got a cup of grapes ready. Sure was a help having it already measured out.

For some reason I couldn't find my wrap around sunglasses. I could swear I put them in this place last year where I put all my other pool stuff like sunscreen, the timer, etc. I'll look again or else we'll have to buy another pair

Carol - how scary about that tree. Glad you're OK and got the modem all hooked up

janetr - so sorry about your sister. Prayers from NC

Beth - does the women's only part of the gym get to you in a good way or not?

Took the casserole and pie to the lady who had the neck/spinal fusion. Truthfully, I was getting a little annoyed. I called her three times, no return call. I sent her a text and she texted back that she was at canasta and I could come to the airport. No...I really didn't want to go all that way just to give her the casserole. So I texted her two more times. No answer. I finally called another gal who tried to call her, but it went to voice mail. Admitted, she was probably tired from the canasta. So I sent her an email. She FINALLY called me back to say she would be home tonight so I took it over.

Meg - is there anything we can help you with?

Lenora - so sorry about your friend

Michele in NC
  • spiritbear555
    spiritbear555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Janetr OKC Last month my Mom had a heart attack and she's waaaaay older than your sister. She's home now! They can do amazing things with hearts these days. Your sister is in my prayers! Keep us posted.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Michele ... for the most part the women's gym is not good for me ... I feel inadequate/intimidated.

Beth
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Janetr - sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your sister. Hope all goes well.

Sharon in Lethbridge - the book is called the 7 Day Flat Belly Tea Cleanse. Going to try it again next week.

I'm way over my calories today but had a good time. Went to a wine tasting event with my step daughter. They had 40 different wines you could taste. It's a good way for the liquor store to promote their wines and all the profits from ticket sales go to the local Community Foundation which grants money back into the community for worthwhile causes. No I didn't taste test all 40 wines - way too much, but did taste a few and found three I really like. Will be back on track tomorrow because DH is going on a fishing trip with his buddies for 4 days.

My neighbour down the street is a social worker. Spoke with her today, and she is starting a group through the local vet for those who are grieving lost pets. Think this is a wonderful idea. She does counselling through her social work and she thought this would be a good way to give back to the community.

Hugs everyone and prayers for those in need.

Paula Y.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Janet, will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. Good things, she is still young, the damage is on the right side of her heart and she is not overweight.

Happy birthday Becca. I have wondered all day long if you wore your birthday suit!!!!!, LOL

You all have read about my nephew that was a heroin addict, by the grace of God was sentenced to a rehab center instead of prison. He is just the greatest guy. Still in the business of getting is women pregnant but I guess he is never going to change that. He is on his 5 child now and 30 years old, not married. Anyway, a fac book memorie took me back to one year when I was wishing all the Dads in my family a happy Father's Day. Matt responded back with a thank you and that he is trying to be. This is what he said 'I don't always feel like I am with everything else gong on. But I'm oK with progress tprather than perfection. It's the progress that makes me worthy of perfection at some point'. I assume he learned that somewhere in his addiction rehab. But o like that. I am OK with progress rather than perfection.mkind of like ' don't let perfect be the enemy of good'. I am glad Matt is growing up. His current fiancé is just a wonderful young woman. She is a body builder, fitness trainer that integrates cooking an life style in her fitness training. A young man went from being a heroin addict to running a marathon. I liked their reveal party. When they start doing those anyway????? Very inexpensive. Took a piece of wood and painted it. Blind folded Mom and Dad, guided them to a plate that had paint on it for them to put their palms in.mthen they guided them to put their Palm prints onto the piece of wood and took the blindfolds off. Matt and Megan didn't know what they were having until that moment.

Well I confessed on my face book game site so. Guess I better confess here. I have been using my VISA card to buy coins to advance our club in e game. Oh, the money I spent. And the reward for our placement sure didn't get us how much I put into the game. So there. It's out there. There aren't a whole lot of things I do well in this world except Simon e choir. And I can't really say I have that many close friends in he choir or at church. Or in my life. But I led our club to victory for this weeks contest with the most points. I really think that has a lot to do with it. So I told the, it will not, can not happen again and in future weeks expect to see me in the middle of the pack again. Let some one else be the leader or we will just get a lower rating

Joycw, indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - I can only imagine how hard it is to watch your friend go through this awful cancer. I hope she has a fantastic summer. She sounds very special. Sending you hugs.

SueBDew - Happy anniversary. That is an amazing amount of years to be with someone.

Becca - Happy Birthday! Hope your day was awesome. I would say that stretching your grocery dollars must be your Super power.

Janetr - Praying for your sister.

Kim - Thanks for the tips. I used to love breakfast and now I don't want to eat until about 11 a.m.

Paula - Thanks for the book name. I might have to give it a read.

Had to take my walker to work today, this did not make me happy.

Larry finally received all the proper things to put the awning on our trailer. It was a 3 man job.
    We are going camping after work tomorrow. I had to go get groceries, etc. Took a bunch of clothes to the trailer. I figure the more I have done before the vacation the better. It's going to be different without the boat. I am not sure if Jheri's kids are coming with us for not either way we have to pick them up at school before we leave as she has a gig starting @ 1p.m.

The boss thought he had something on me. He asked why I hadn't sent a sign off sheet in the Monday courier. I answered that it hadn't been signed off. His managers have not delivered all the staff evaluations yet. We used to have them delivered by mid May. Kind of ridiculous that they all know their raises before their evals. I am still not sure why he didn't split it between them and the assistant managers. Trying to avoid interaction with him as much as possible. This has become the year from hell. I have 0 respect left for him.

Not sure if I will be able to post from Beauvais.

Looking forward to a nice cooler in front of a warm campfire.

-Sharon in Lethbridge.

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all...

Kim! So good to "see" you.

We are a chatty bunch, aren't we?

I'm off to work out, just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" to all. I have a kitten trying to eat my computer mouse at the moment...

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    NY KAREN - I'm committing to no more than two small glasses of Prosecco at the picnic. (250mls in total) Thank you for reminding me. <3 Like you I sometimes am able to be good at the event, but the impulse to binge on food and drink hits me afterwards. If you can do it, so can I. :flowerforyou:

Joyce - Good for you owning up to it. Most people have a weakness or two, or three. Admitting to it is half the battle.

I'm going to buy salads to take to the picnic and fizzy water. I will buy them at the London train station food shop (very good) I'm sure there will be far too much food! :D

I was awake for two hours in the night, but eventually managed to get back to sleep. Feel OK this morning.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    didnt sleep well at all.. but did get down to work and get a bunch of stuff copied.. hoping it is enough for the attorney.. I still have to get my last paycheck stub from 2016.. and that should be it for me.. its all up to Tom now.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday!
    Janet- So sorry to hear of your sister! Sending vibes, good thoughts and prayers for her and family!
    Carol- Yikes! Close call with the lightening. Lightening hit our neighbors house about 15 years ago and the power of it knocked out a lot of our appliances/electronics. TVs, stove, dishwasher, fridge, etc. Everything that was plugged into the wall on the south side of the house (neighbors house was to the south of us) was destroyed. Neighbors had a hole in their roof and their kitchen/dining room and deck caught fire. They also lost all electrical appliances in their home.
    Beth- I think the discomfort around women stems from the fact that women are more critical of each other. Or at least it feels that way, quite often. I never have felt judged by men (except when I was young-teens and twenties).

Well, just got a phone call that one of my summer kids (that was supposed to begin care today), won't be here today. ANd...my Friday gets a little easier!

Barbie-YES! That is exactly how I am. The cheesecake example is perfect!
    Leigh- How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a day or two.
    Kim- Good to see you! I have been there; in that I-have-bitten-off-more-than-I-can-chew mode! Hope things calm down soon for you!

Woke up to another rainy evening/morning! The sun is supposed to come out today, but it will be steamy! The lake temp is 67-70*!! Unheard of for Lake Michigan in June!
    DH made it back from the east side of the state late last night. I hope he was given some sort of affirmation of his work or some hopeful sign that they like the work he is doing and are planning to keep him employed. He did get to spend time with his counterparts from all over the world. Barry from London, Sebastian from Germany, Sanjay from India, Dierdre from France. People that he works with and communicates with online on a daily basis. He, Barry, and Sebastian spent a lot of time together. I like that he is making friends with people from all over. Maybe he will be more inclined to travel! (You like how I turned that into something I enjoy? >:) )

Challenge Day 16: 65 jacks, rest day for squats and crunches, 2 minute plank.
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ Glad to see you again!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Kim <3<3<3

Heather UK XXXXXX
    I'm on the train to London. :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Becca Happy Birthday!

Janet prayers for your sister!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies for your thoughts and prayers for my sister. Late last night they thought they were beginning to get the heart rhythm regulated and the pain under control so she could rest. She is still in ICU. I have not heard anything new yet this morning.

Janetr okc