Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• RachP7671
    RachP7671 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is definitely not my first time here! I want/need to lose 65 pounds, have been intermittently doing an other plan and am up and down like a yo yo!! I have been inspired by my 81 year old uncle who is doing a 20 mile charity bike ride this coming weekend while I am sat on my fat rear getting fatter. I have a bike in my shed which never sees the light of day. I need to make some changes and get healthier!
    We can do this. Feel free to friend me, I could do with the motivation.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Morning, Serial Starters!

Just checking in real quick from work. I'm aliiiive. Shark week, though, so up two pounds and kinda grumpy.

Wishing you all a good day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning Kathy!

Rach - welcome and stop by when you can. Dont be insulted if I dont "friend" you as I dont understand what that means and ignore the requests.

Worst weather day is Thursday saw 108 forecast but also saw 113.

Lana- thank you for the dinner ideas. Dinners at the end of a long HOT day are the hardest.

Spent part of last night watching the Senate floor discussion. The topic made me ill but "watching" the online chatter made it worse. So many were just being crap heads. If you have insurance, try all you can do to keep it.

Oatmeal on, dog is done - we even played fetch this morning.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I know, nights aren't easy. But, I really feel, this is going to be a much less stress filled job. I really won't know, until I work there. I just really liked the feel of the place, yesterday. I think, I will be working alone... maybe...I kind of like that idea, but kind of makes me nervous. The residents seem to be in fairly good health, but they are elderly and, anything can happen.
    I have to get a physical and TB test, today... and, somehow, I have misplaced my drivers license.. so, unexpected visit to DMV... ugh...I have never lost my license...I think I am losing my mind...

Well, need to get myself ready to get out the door...
    Have a great day!
    Check in later.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - I don't watch the news on TV; I get it online on my phone in bite-sized bits and pieces, and it is quite scary to me that a health bill is being crafted behind closed doors. Not to mention all the other very strange things that have been going on of late.

Dawn - take your new job one day at a time and carve out common times to be with SO. The two of you can each sleep when the other is working and have the evenings together.
    Some jobs are stepping stones. This job has gotten you out of a workplace with toxic humans into a workplace that is to help humans. In the meantime, once you are settled there, keep your eyes peeled for other opportunities to move elsewhere. Can't hurt.

Waving to Kathy and Rach and all who stop by later~~

Lana - going to plan out my food day on MFP.

244.6 today
    250.0 a.t.h.
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2017
    Options
    PS Rach, I don't do well with the "friends" thing. It's too much for me to handle in an already complicated life. Support will be here on this thread any time you need it.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - was watching Senate online - TV has Christmas dvd to distract from the heat.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Lana - was watching Senate online - TV has Christmas dvd to distract from the heat.

Sara - Ah, I see.
    I forgot to tell you the other day, I was looking for something to watch to be less stressful than the detective/thrillers I use to escape to, and I loaded a movie, The Christmas Bunny. Then came to the boards to find you with a Christmas DVD! Funny~~
    Take care in the heat!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waving across the Atlantic to Shona!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I have 5 words

Burger King Lucky Charms Milkshake -- :p
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh my! Is that what the Cabana Boys brought you for lunch Sara!!!?? They are devils!

I hope you gave them a stern talking to! .....and then punished them in some fashion.....

Lana
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hi!
    I have been enjoying your kindness and Awsome support for each other. I found this site about a week ago, and boy it's lovely to read; helps me not too sink into a hole with a all male home! He he he ...
    Feel the "Girl Power!" I look forward to reading this site each day, as soon as I can!
    gives me hope, and makes me feel good and not so alone in this process!
    I'm in Vancouver WA. This is day 301 for me.
    Terri-
    SW 200
    CW 175
    GW 150
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I don't know if that sounds yummy..or, so sweet I couldn't stand it... we'll go with yummy...hehehe

Of course, DMV was super busy... but, the good thing about small town, it still doesn't take near as long as in the city... only took few minutes to get piece of paper... takes 2 weeks to get actual license in the mail... supposedly safety reasons.. was rather glad they used pic from last license... even though I look grumpy (not allowed to smile)... headed to Health Dept after... took longer waiting, than the actual test.. and, I was only one waiting...hmmm... one more job requirement will be done, tomorrow... physical... then, as long as TB test is negative, I will be able to start...I'm nervous, but feeling kinda positive...I think this will go ok...

Big pot of spaghetti for dinner... should last a couple days... always nice not having to cook, every day...

Will be back later...
    Have a good evening
  • XSaturnsMoonX
    XSaturnsMoonX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So its like a mental exercise for stress relief? The Cboy's?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    okay I should have added one word to last posting - yeck.

Chiefod - post as often as you would like - what is SW?

will come back after food - it says its 108 and I am not surprised.

DMV here takes your picture without glasses and you cant smile "security reasons", so you are in good company here....

Will take dog out, she was trying to eat grass and I got tired of waiting, so we will go out again in a couple of minutes.

Love the idea of spaghetti - cold works too if it is too hot...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    844ftpjfbzne.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    69vkycvt7itd.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2017
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Weather report says cooler temps starting tomorrow. I only half believe them.

Hoping I can persuade dog to eat as she did not have dinner - ate grass and that was all. Her meds are in her first course...... Update her meds are eaten -phew such a relief.

Oatmeal on stove and living on little sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well, I guess, being 30 min early to appointment is better than 30 min late... Google Mapped the location further away... but, I see the name on the building and it is where Mgr said it was... so, I am hoping this is right and, I sit.... no clue why I didn't ask location, when I called to verify that I could get physical here... just sounded strange, being sent to Chiropractor for physical... but, they said yes...

Today, is first day I woke up, completely unsure if I'm doing the right thing...like everyone says, I can keep looking, if I don't like it...I'm just not the type of person that job hops...2 jobs in 10 years... before that, was at other jobs for minimum of 3 years...
    Stomach is a mess this morning... always gets like that, when I have to go to unfamiliar places and, not knowing what to expect...

I have not got extra rest that I had expected, not working...I think it's kinda catching up with me... always extra tired coming back from family visit... but, with all the running around I've had to do to find a job and, to be able to start work I have not rested... no extra cleaning done at home, either... blah

Ok, I'm just talking now to waste time..
    Hopeeveryone has a great day..
    Check in later.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - Please do not stress about the new job. Places such as these are accustomed to people not staying long if it is not a good fit. They know that it takes actually doing the job to find out if the you are suited to it, both from the employee's point of view and from the facility's point of view. Relax. It will be what it will be.

Plus we all know that the first couple of weeks in any new job are going to be weird and when looking back on them will not matter, but you have to get through those first weeks, just like jumping into a "cold" swimming pool. Once you're in, you adjust and find that the water is warm.
    Hugs and courage coming your way!

Sara - I feel so bad for you that you are not getting enough sleep. Cabana Boys coming with pillows and large fans~~

I have a big, difficult day ahead. Details would be a bore. Be back later with the evening report.

Lana