WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :) I have access to a copy of Younger Next Year for Women. If you want it, send me a message with your name and mailing address and I'll get it sent to you
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    July Accountability
    Progress - Thursday, July 6th

✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B17, L6, D25, BBS6= 54g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (30g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔️4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - 30 Fitbit minutes (15)

Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    I had a long day, driving to Little Rock and back. My DH drove so we got to chat for an hour both ways. My MRI and extras went quick but the diagnosis was not what I wanted to hear. Surgery by the fall unless my back takes a turn for the worse. I will have to have another fusion between L4-L3 this time. Dr R. said there is a risk for infection and especially problems going thru scar tissue. I have great confidence in my Dr. so we will take this month by month and make another appt. this fall. I don't want to think about another back surgery, but now I have to use my cane.

My DD Jessica was so mean to me when I told her about my appt. she told me I need to change my lifestyle and get more exercise. I did try to do yoga with her and it did provide some good stretching but it still aggravated my back causing more pain in my legs. Then she told me she didn't want to hear me whine about my back anymore. She calls me everyday to see ho I am. I guess I'll just b all perky and lie!! She said I just wanted attention!

Oh well, I'm 68 and can only do what I can. I've lost 38+ lbs; quit drinking beer; got off of opioid pain meds and I eat healthier. I have made big improvements over this past year! I actually feel so much better it's just my back problems that keep me from doing a lot.

Dana ... My husband has had two surgeries in the past year and is most likely looking at a 3rd by September. He needs a fusion between L3 and L5. I wonder if your daughter is speaking out of fear and worry and discouragement. Perhaps, in some way, she hopes that if she minimizes your health issues, they will become less serious? Like you, my husband has made some positive changes in his life (getting off opioids one of the bigger accomplishments) ... but there is only so much he can do in a given time period with a back that is not cooperating. I often forget that. I do not understand his pain and your daughter cannot possibly understand yours. Sometimes I get so discouraged hearing the same negative answer to "how are you today," but I know it's nothing compared to the disappointment he is experiencing. I'm so sorry she has hurt your feelings. Thanks for sharing. You've helped remind me how I need to respond with my husband.

Beth
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
    Lois on the North Shore of Ma
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Renny good to see you post again!

:heart: Margaret
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 161.5 km cycling (510 min) + 0.5 km walking (6 min). This was a 150 km event put on by the BC Randonneurs to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. :) Plus a bit extra.
    July 2 - 3 km walking (35 min)
    July 3 - 3.5 km walking (43.75 min) + 20.00 km cycling (63.16 min)
    July 4 - 1 km walking (12 min) + 28.3 km cycling (90 min)
    July 5 - 1.5 km walking (18 min) + 33.8 km cycling (105 min)

July 6 - 4 km walking (50 min) + 50.9 km cycling (160 min)

July 7 - 3 km walking (35 min) + 30.5 km cycling (95 min)

2017 Monthly July
    Walking Distance (km): 16.5
    Walking Time (min): 206.3
    Cycling Distance (km): 325.0
    Cycling Time (min): 1026.3

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 341.5
    Total Distance (miles): 212.2
    Total Time (min): 1232.6
    Total Time (hr): 20:32:34
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    OH DJ, that is terrible. So glad he is finally properly dressed so the stitches stay intact.

Dana, hope everything goes OK. Best ing to do is just trust your doctor and take care of yourself.

I am very ore-occupied today. I put a post on Facebook that my baby was back from the vet and doing OK. Boy did I get the backlash from that. Just like you ladies, the people who were saying such terrible things to me have been fac book friends with me for years. We all started out just being friends in a game and it advanced form that. One person I friended me. I guess I should be glad. But m family has stood up for me, sent me personal notes. My big little brother was ready to reach his hand through his phone and do something bad! He is doing ok tonight. I fixed him his favorite throw he loves to cuddle up in at the end of my bed and have put him in it many times. But he wants to sleep with me I guess. I didn't want this to jump on and off the bed so I took away the foot stool I have to put my CPAP on and one that is use to put my shoes on. But he let me know that he wanted up here no matter what. He has jumped on soft things and did oK so I guess he will be OK. He has eaten like crazy and drank a lot of water, he is leaving his paws alone, Locke stem a little bit but not chewed. So I guess he is doing OK. Now I just have to let myself do OK.

Joyce, indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Allie stay safe! <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Gloria~ I will honey.. hope you got the bed bug problem solved ewwwwww
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    Z
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    :*
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: (((HUGS))) :heart:

Michele: Lunging a horse is a way to exercise them without riding. They have a lead rope/lunge line attached to their halter and move in circles around you at the speed & direction you ask. It helps them loosen up muscles if they've been standing in a stall, & gets them thinking about doing what you ask. :smiley:

Sue: I wondered about the goats because I hadn't heard of the breed before. Goats are great at clearing brush. Our city hired someone with a herd of goats to clear brush for a big drainage project. It was win/win. The job was done without the racket & dust that machinery creates. The drainage project is a big success and the goats enjoyed "fine dining." :star:

Dana: DH had to have neurosurgery on his lower back a few years ago. We knew somebody who had an "in" with one of the best surgeons in our area. Even with the support of our friend it took two months to get the surgery done because the doctor was booked solid. I'm not surprised that your surgeon has a waiting list. I hope you'll be able to get in before things get worse. I'm sorry your daughter isn't as supportive as you need her to be right now. :flowerforyou:

DJ: I'm sorry your daughter's dog hurt himself. You seem to be doing all the right things to help him. :heart:

Renny: It is so good to see your post. I've missed you!!! :heart:

Re: Younger Next Year for Women: Barbie helped me to acquire a copy not long ago. I've found it very positive and full of good information on staying healthy and happy. I would definitely recommend it. I read the version that was aimed at men a couple of years ago and really like this one better because it is focused on women's health. Thanks again, Barbie!

We are anticipating a visit from our son in the next few days, but don't know exactly when. We haven't seen him in person since our visit to Virginia last summer. I hope that he doesn't get orders that make a visit with us impossible. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Aaack! My tummy is giving me pain this morning! Not happy. My face is peeling, so attractive! Not! The cloudy day was misleading. Did Prudence's pills this morning, and got paid with an Oreo. I am giving it to son along with a check for $30 that she wanted me to write. I nice gesture for being so helpful to her. That was sweet.
    Have a nice day all!
    Becca
    Still wishing I was at Whidbey island but am in
    Lovely Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,787 Member
    Options
    Katla~ My cousin that got married last year when I went to Tennessee has a business called Goat Guys, they have a herd, and rent them out to do the same thing... a very thriving business I might add..
    well Karma is already working, Tom took stuff to the dump and stepped in doggie poo, so he had to clean his shoes and my car :(