What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options

Replies

• LucasLean
    LucasLean Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    From a qualified accountant: She's having triplets. How many babies is that? Two or three?

How did she get past intermediate accounting 1 and 2? I couldn't do better than a D for intermediate accounting 1, so I changed my major (I make A's and B's usually, first D was in that class). Many people change their major or re-take that class. I hope someone checks all the work she's doing with balance sheets and so forth. lol
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Picturesque Holiday Moose Tunic.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    My best friend, also a nurse, worked on the Med Surg floor whilst I was in OB/Birthing Unit.... I told her that there had been a set of twins born, a girl right before midnight and a boy shortly thereafter....So twins with different birthdays. She thought about my story for a moment and then asked if the twins were identical!!! Ummm...I can think of one pretty significant difference!! Lol!! I am blaming it on the long shift we had both worked!!

I dont get it. Why can't they be identical?
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    My best friend, also a nurse, worked on the Med Surg floor whilst I was in OB/Birthing Unit.... I told her that there had been a set of twins born, a girl right before midnight and a boy shortly thereafter....So twins with different birthdays. She thought about my story for a moment and then asked if the twins were identical!!! Ummm...I can think of one pretty significant difference!! Lol!! I am blaming it on the long shift we had both worked!!

Identical twins are of the same sex
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

Yeah...that's not true brah. You can has identical twins of different genders.
  • dc8066
    Options

Maybe we should ask the doctor who lost 2 kg in 9 days about identical twins of different genders. I am just a ballerina here (sigh)
    Is 'brah' a female version of 'bro'?
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Maybe we should ask the doctor who lost 2 kg in 9 days about identical twins of different genders. I am just a ballerina here (sigh)

Nah I just used it for a generic "mate" "buddy" kinda deal.

In some cases the egg has 3 sex cells, so for example XXY so when split it ends up XX & XY hence the two genders. it's still monozygotic.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Identical (monozygotic) twins are always of the same sex because they form from a single zygote (fertilized egg) that contains either male (XY) or female (XX) sex chromosomes. ... A set of boy/girl twins can only be fraternal (dizygotic).
  • MrStabbems
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Identical (monozygotic) twins are always of the same sex because they form from a single zygote (fertilized egg) that contains either male (XY) or female (XX) sex chromosomes. ... A set of boy/girl twins can only be fraternal (dizygotic).

lol see my above comment dood. tis pointless just copy pasting a website!
  • dc8066
    Options

In some cases the egg has 3 sex cells, so for example XXY so when split it ends up XX & XY hence the two genders. it's still monozygotic.

According to the scientists, it is possible. But, it is so rare that is almost non-existent.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

According to the scientists, it is possible. But, it is so rare that is almost non-existent.

Yep rare but not impossible.
  • wendsg
    wendsg Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Speaking with a lady in a bar in downtown Charleston concerning the Civil War, Naval history came up - specifically submarine warfare. She immediately guffawed and stated that submarines weren't invented until WWI, and weren't successfully used until WWII. When I mentioned that the Hunley, which successfully sank the Housantonic, was a Civil War submarine, she professed that said vessel doesn't exist.

I told her that it's in a cargo bay located less than 3 miles from the bar we were in, undergoing restoration.

She told me that was a hoax and she should know, as she was a friggin' history professor who was faculty in the American History Department at the University of Connecticut.

She stormed off, a bit upset, when I waved to the bar and told everyone around us that we had a University professor who thought the Hunley was a hoax sitting beside me.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I'm paraphrasing these because I can't remember the exact conversation.

her "You have two esophaguses, one for food one for water"

me "...really. you're serious?"

her "yes, that's what 'it's gone down the wrong way' means"

Those of you that know what I do for my mega moniez will be horrified to know this came from a colleague!

also same lady when discussing general knowledge, I had to probe her after that statement.

me "do you know who killed jesus?"

her "no"

me "I'll give you a clue, famous Italians"

her "the mafia?"

me "yes...the mafia killed jesus."

My grandfather used to say that about water. He said you had two separate systems in your body, one for solid food, and another for liquid. Lol

Well he's not technically wrong. Generally speaking water is absorbed and excreted later and solids tend to pass through. The bodies use of water is fascinating.
    Nephrons to the rescue! lol

Unless he meant the same as the lady I was talking about...if so, he's very wrong. so very wrong.
  • dc8066
    Options

It is also possible that they are conjoined since they are identical. Would you assume that though?
  • MrStabbems
    Options

It is also possible that they are conjoined since they are identical. Would you assume that though?

eh? no. Why would I assume that lol