Diet Coke, friend or foe?

Options

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Soda, juice, ACV, lemonade, or any other liquid high in acid is bad for your teeth. The sodium could give you problems if you have high blood pressure or are prone to bloat from sodium. The only way diet soda will effect your body fat is if you are switching from regular, but that will result in less calories, so weight loss.

But diet soda has about the same amount of sodium as water, because it's like 99% water....

I really, REALLY want to know where that myth comes from. It's apparently been around since at least the early 90s.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/232069/SODA-POP-AN-UNLIKELY-PLAYER-IN-HIGH-SODIUM.html
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hate diet soda drinks because I'm a soda snob. And I had a soda addiction. So I've cut out soda. Now I'm sad.

But I don't really care for the taste of diet most of the time, it tastes kind of odd to me. I always thought it was the preservatives. Regardless, I don't touch it unless I'm desperate ;)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Foe. Because all diet soda taste like *kitten*. That is all.

Later this week I will be sure to enjoy my very cold glass bottle of Mountain DEW made with real friggin' sugar (the way it was when I was a kid). Yeah, that will a nice treat. <3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Soda, juice, ACV, lemonade, or any other liquid high in acid is bad for your teeth. The sodium could give you problems if you have high blood pressure or are prone to bloat from sodium. The only way diet soda will effect your body fat is if you are switching from regular, but that will result in less calories, so weight loss.

But diet soda has about the same amount of sodium as water, because it's like 99% water....

Well, I feel like a kitten. 12 oz of diet coke has only 40 mg of sodium. I have no idea where that comes from, but I'll stop telling people that.

coca-colaproductfacts.com/en/coca-cola-products/diet-coke/

#themoreyouknow

It's great you acknowledged it. I've also always wondered where that myth came from. Cheers!
  • lilylana
    lilylana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's your funeral I guess