July 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @cburke8909 that is the craziest thing about the egg.

About black toe nails. I have had 3, one on my toe next to my pinky toe, it never fell off but it looked like the color of a plum. My big toe lost a nail last year that literally took a year a grow back in normal, well that bad boy turned purple again about 2 weeks ago. But what is weird about that toe is that years ago some stupid woman hit me with a shopping cart and every so often it will break way down low and the nail salon lady will start putting gel on it until it's long enough for her to cut it without it killing me.

I wear under amour socks which I like and have never had a blister. Skip wears Swift Wick and swears by them.
  • LittleMissWonderWoman
    LittleMissWonderWoman Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Decided to increase mileage to about 3.5 as a minimum.

7/1 - 3.28
    7/2 - 3.5
    7/3 - 2.8
    7/4 - 4.2
    7/5 - Rest (I was driving all day)
    7/6 - 3.4
    7/7 - 3.1
    7/8 - 5.2
    7/9 - Rest (Went out the country)
    7/10 - Rest (Driving back)
    7/11 - 3.5

Goal = 93 miles
    So Far = 28.98 miles

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Thanks for sharing which socks work for you and Skip. I'm in need of some good summer socks. I usually wear smartwool, but they seem so hot- even the thin ones. I hate hot feet. I have a few pair of soft sole, bit they are wearing thin.

May or may not be running related:

My guess it isn't since I haven't run since Saturday. My ongoing problem with my right butt/leg ("beg" as Whitney put it- yes I had to watch it). Which seems to be nerve irritation and angry muscles. Maybe some nerve damage causing the muscles to be angry. That's my understanding from the doc. Nerve impingement.

Usually it gets tight and painful. I stretch and stretch, psoas, piriformis, medial glute, inner thigh adductor- it eases up. But today it's now twitchy. My guess is nerve irritation and not normal aches and groans from exercise.

So just in case anyone has advice, I'm asking. I'm kind of tired of it. Its about as annoying as the stress eye twitch.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Its about as annoying as the stress eye twitch.

Ooooh, sorry, Elise. I have had an eye twitch in both eyes for over two years. The doc insists it is stress, but it is to the point of being torturous. You'd think I would get used to it, but because it is intermittent and varies from eye to eye throughout the day, I never do. At one point, it moved into my forehead for a few weeks, and I was about ready to be committed. Anyway, hugs. Hope the "beg" twitch ends soon.
  • Elise4270
    Options

Ooooh, sorry, Elise. I have had an eye twitch in both eyes for over two years. The doc insists it is stress, but it is to the point of being torturous. You'd think I would get used to it, but because it is intermittent and varies from eye to eye throughout the day, I never do. At one point, it moved into my forehead for a few weeks, and I was about ready to be committed. Anyway, hugs. Hope the "beg" twitch ends soon.

Oh that's rough! Think I'll ice my butt.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello group! I finally got in my groove of regular workouts again, so much I was going to try running even a mile after work. But add me to the "down, but not out" list. I was sitting on the ground vacuuming cat litter last night and all 20 lbs of vacuum fell over and directly hit my lumbar area. A sports med physician in my office gave me stretches/core stabilility and told me to do light walking to keep from stiffening up completely. Guess I'm going to go get on the treadmill as planned, just a different speed than I wanted. You all are doing great and keep inspiring me.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    5 miler this morning. I need to start earlier...

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Maybe the team is full. I got a message that said "sorry, you can't join this group". That's ok. I'm sure I can still sign up and donate to the cause.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    July 11 – 0.0 miles XT/Water Zumba and 45 minutes swimming laps and 2 hours of dancing
    July 12 – 10.5 miles Long Run with 2 1-mile Tempo intervals separated be a 1-minute recovery

Total: 51.25/100 miles

Upcoming Races:
    July 21 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #2, 5K
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart it shouldn't be full, but I'm getting the same message when I go to it. If you do register as an individual that's great anyway. I can also manually add you to my team after you register if you message me your name and email address. But it doesn't matter too much in the end as there doesn't seem to be a team competition for miles.

Thanks for the support, regardless!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    garygse wrote: »

Oh that's rough! Think I'll ice my butt.

There's a comment you don't read every day.

Haha, oh oops. Ya well its good thing you don't hear that every day.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I challenge @abetterme9366
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1/7-4.7 Miles
    2/7-6.8
    3/7-REST
    4/7-2.8
    5/7-3
    6/7-REST
    7/7-3.1
    8/7-REST
    9/7-4.8
    10/7-3.1
    11/7-4
    12/7-3.5

Total -38.8/100
  • Elise4270
    Options
    1---6.38
    2---4.25
    4---2.90 +2.21 =5.11
    8---3.37
    12---2.90

22.01/70

Upcoming races

AIM for the Cure- 5K, virual run
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.

Pre-op PR's
    1 mile 8:27  5k 24:42. 10k 1:00.52.  HM 2:17.28
    Post-op Training PR's
    1 mile 10:11  5k 34.27 10k 1:20.25

That's so cool @Orphia . I ordered the ones Skip wears.... Can't remember the brand now... I'll look at the ones you recommend too.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    7/1 - Rest Day
    7/2 -Rest Day
    7/3 - Rest Day
    7/4 - 2.98 (Based on Garmin distance) for local 5K… time was 26:22; not a PR at all, but I haven't run at all since 6/24 and won't be fat adapted for awhile yet.
    7/5 - 5.03 miles - not as fast as I planned :(
    7/6 - 3.01 miles treadmill. Plan was for easy miles, and these were scary slow.
    7/7 - Rest day
    7/8 - 7.37 miles. New trail running shoes! Went out on a trail I haven't visited for awhile, was hot and very slow. Very tall grass in areas made this very difficult as well.
    7/9 - Rest
    7/10 - Rest
    7/11 - 3.0 easy miles treadmill, very slow, before weight lifting. It's hot outside and it is just easy to run on the treadmill at the gym before lifting. I knew I was going to lose some speed when changing nutrition again, but this is really starting to scare me.
    7/12 - 5.02 miles, still slower than I wanted.

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    7/4/17 - Miner 5K
    7/29/17 - Dr. Dash 10K
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run HM