Ripped In 30 - July Challenge

Options

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    W4D4 done (plus Zumba). Two days left until a rest day. Then I'll finish out the month and weigh/measure after. i've already lost a couple pounds so far, though. :D

I went to a wedding this weekend, though, and ate (and drank) a LOT. I always allow one to two cheat "meals," but I'm worried about my complete lack of self control on Saturday. Sigh.
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    W2D2 done 334 calories burned.I really had to push myself today! I ahve been really out of energy.So happy to have the rest of the day to play with my kids!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done last night and I really pushed myself to do everything. Today my shoulder is killing me, I guess from the chataraunga(sp?) push ups. Hopefully tonight will be easier. I'm not ready to be finished yet, I may keep going into July or start the 30 DS any suggestions on which would be best? I haven't tried the shred yet so I'm not sure what to expect.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready to be finished yet, I may keep going into July or start the 30 DS any suggestions on which would be best? I haven't tried the shred yet so I'm not sure what to expect.

A few of us on this board did 30DS before we started Ripped, and I think it's probably unanimous that the Shred is easier. But then again, it's all about how much effort you put into it, and it still has a good set of exercises so if variation's what you want then go for it.

Epic fail yesterday - body in revolt! Tummy ache/headache led to sleeping for most of the day. Managed badminto in the evening but played very gently, and no rip at all. So, today was W3D5 but I had to take that pretty slowly too. I'll see how tomorrow goes, I may move onto to W4 on Friday or saturday if my strength has decided to come back!

Looking forward to seeing measurements for those who are just measuring at the beginning and end of July - nearly there - wooo!
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    blahhh ... i had to take a rest day on monday and yesterday too! and im only on week 1 .. so im starting week one again and im not going to do rest days if i can help it... i want maximum results! il keep you all posted!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Today was W2D3 went to the pool this morning and still had energy to do my workout! I used 8 pound weight today also,and it was not as bad as I thought it would be!
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    Today was W2D3 went to the pool this morning and still had energy to do my workout! I used 8 pound weight today also,and it was not as bad as I thought it would be!

Holy ripped!!! That's awesome. I struggled through week one with 5 lbs. and sometimes dropped it down (for the chair flies). Now I use 5 lbs. for everything, but that's incredible!!! (And quite the inspiration/motivation!)

W4D6 done today, plus Zumba. I'm resting tomorrow, then continuing through the 31st. On August 1st, I'll weigh and measure, and report back. I can't believe it's almost over! :(
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to do this every other day. I may go back to the shred after and do another round of that try to build up some more tolerance.
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W4D2 done! This week goes by fast - I love that! :)
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    W4D7 DONE! I'm going to attempt to do a few more days of it (til the 31st), but I acted like today was the last day and gave it my all (and nearly felt like puking in the middle of it). I may not have time Friday or Saturday to do it, but I will definitely do it again tomorrow and Sunday. I can definitely see and feel the progress in my body so I can't wait to take my measurements!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

8 pound weights!? Alright then. That's awesome.
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm almost done with Ripped. Will be finished come Saturday. I'll weigh in and measure then. I have a feeling not much changed. However I don't know. I've been hit my the ever friendly TOM so my weight is wonky. I haven't lost much in inches either but my arms are so much more defined then in the beginning of the month so I'm ok with not seeing numbers. I honestly believe I need to incorporate more cardio in order to get to where I want to be.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Took my measurments today just for fun and i really haven't changed.Maybe 1 inch at my waist??How are you guys doing?
  • AmandaB2229
    Options
    Starting W3D1 today. Got weighed and measured this morning at Curves and in the past 2 weeks, I'm down a total of 3 inches! VERY happy with these results...although, I'm not gonna lie...I'm a little scared of what Week 3 has in store! Talk about a crazy butt kicking! :smile:
  • itslillers
    itslillers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements today and lost about 3.4 inches overall in my body over the past month! Woo! And about 4 pounds down!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. How are you logging this in? Isnt it basically a HIIT program? I log it in as Circuit training, general but it is way more intense to me than that.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling not much changed. However I don't know. I've been hit my the ever friendly TOM so my weight is wonky. I haven't lost much in inches either but my arms are so much more defined then in the beginning of the month so I'm ok with not seeing numbers.

I feel like not much has changed either, but friends at work keep telling me my face looks more taught and they can really see the difference in the sides of my tummy (of all places!) TOM for me too so I'm not going to be overly bothered about today's measurements... not that I remembered to take them - oops! I will when I get home.
    Took my measurments today just for fun and i really haven't changed.Maybe 1 inch at my waist??How are you guys doing?

The thing I've really noticed is an increase in strength, especially in my arms! Like some of the others I had to drop down to smaller weights for the chair flies in W1, now I'm happily doing the flies in W3 with the leg in the air with my heavy weights, only problem is keeping my balance *lol* I love that move :o) So I figure that the real difference with Ripped is in the muscles, whereas maybe the Shred was more designed for fat reduction?

Well, having been unable to do it Tuesday due to being poorly, taken it very slowly on Wednesday due to the same and not doing it yesterday due to a very busy day and scary meeting which lost me some time in the morning (and then not getting home til 10 - must be mad!) I did W3D6 this morning and boy did it feel good! I think those few days of rest have actually had a major impact, I managed duck walks all the way through (!!!!!) and as for the scary lay on your side and lift yourself with your arms, my forearms were BURNING but I got through them too! Very very pleased. One more day of W3 I think, then onto W4 on Sunday.

Very impressed btw with the heavy weights - my heaviest are 1.5kg which I believe is about 3.3 pounds and (although it is getting easier) I still find them challenging - all kudos to everyone for ripping with more than that, you arms must be getting an awesome workout :o)

Keep it up, everyone's done so well :o) xx
  • kpipes
    kpipes Posts: 28
    Options
    W4D3 done! I don't know if there is much a difference with my weight or inches, but I have noticed that I am stronger. Not only that, I ran up and down a long flight of stairs, twice, without getting winded! Trust me, that is Seriously Wonderful!!! Will weigh and measure as soon as I complete this 4th week. A few more days!!! Keep going everyone, almost finished!!! :)
  • cheshirechic
    Options
    I have results!

Lost 5.6 lbs., 1.5 inches in waist, 1 in hips, 1 in thighs.

Thanks, ladies! It was great. <3
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow. Can't believe it's over.
    Made it! Whew!
    Lost a few more pounds...yayyy. Feel pretty good. Definitely not ripped...but better than before..
    Level 4 was tough. But...I think I like Level 3 the best.
    Moving on to my next challenge. Starting Supreme 90 Day tomorrow...Got more weights...got my stability ball...I'm ready to rock and roll!
    Good job everyone!
    Good luck on your next venture.
    :bigsmile: