Community for CrossFitters, by Crossfitters & anyone interes

Options

Replies

• Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Saturday's WOD:
    MURPH!

Took me 62:15

We broke the 100/200/300 into 20 rounds of 5/10/15. After round 17 I had to take a break in between each of the remaining. I felt very light headed and dizzy! =( Not sure if it was the intensity of Murph, the fact that it was 90+ out, the fact that I had a hat on (maybe keeping in heat?) or that I'm just outta shape! My first mile was 8 minutes and second was 12 minutes. Either way, I'm bummed it took me over an hour. I was the "slowest" girl by a couple minutes. However, only about 10 girls did the full Murph, A LOT did the half Murph. So I guess I'm proud to have even tried it (it was my first time!)

You finished and that is all that matters!!! That's awesome, MURPH is no joke!!

7/25/11 WOD: 3 ROUNDS

30 push-ups
    30 cal row
    30 kb swings (35lbs)

I don't know why but this workout killed me this morning.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Monday July 25th WOD

Pull Up Ladder (12)

Strength: Find your 1RM Front Squat (150)
    then 2 x 2 - 30lbs

I was a mazed I could do it with my knee being so bad. It popped everytime I went into a deep squat, but I PR'd my front squat by 10 lbs... Imagine what I could do with a good knee?

Welcome back!!! I hope you had a great vacation :smile:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

30 push-ups
    30 cal row
    30 kb swings (35lbs)

Well a 30 calorie row is about 500-600m for me anyway...so yeah 3 rounds of that, plus killing your chest with pushups, and that 35lb kb is no joke either!!! Good job!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options

30 push-ups
    30 cal row
    30 kb swings (35lbs)

Well a 30 calorie row is about 500-600m for me anyway...so yeah 3 rounds of that, plus killing your chest with pushups, and that 35lb kb is no joke either!!! Good job!

You're right that was it then!! Our coach had it on the setting which only showed the cal and I was wondering the entire time how many meters have I rowed. I kept trying to convince myself that it shouldn't be that hard but my body was saying something very different :smile:
  • kdiamond
    Options
    I'm on a roll with fun workouts!

3 rounds of

500m row
    set of monkey bars (I didn't think I could do this...but I did! It opened all of my calluses though and now my hands are KILLING me)
    30 pushups
    monkey bars (14 across)
    40 squats
    monkey bars
    50 situps
    monkey bars

I finished 29:25.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WOD 7/25 (Boot camp style)

Warmup

* 5 laps
    * 150 jump ropes (I did 100 mountain climbers)
    * 30 squats
    * 20 pushups

Workout

AMRAP 15min

* 2 laps
    * 5 wallballs (15lbs ball)
    * 10 tri dips
    * 15 leg lifts
    * 20 KB strict press (15lbs KB)

I did almost 4 rounds. I needed another 30 seconds to do my wallballs.

Warmdown

Holds :20/:10 x 8

* boat hold
    * wall sit
    * handstand
    * plank

The holds at the end were just brutal....
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options

3 rounds of

500m row
    set of monkey bars (I didn't think I could do this...but I did! It opened all of my calluses though and now my hands are KILLING me)
    30 pushups
    monkey bars (14 across)
    40 squats
    monkey bars
    50 situps
    monkey bars

That does sound fun!!! We don't have monkey bars at our gym. Do you just swing across them like we did as kids?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    July 26th WOD

5 rounds/time
    300 m row, 15 ring dips, 10 box jumps (24", I did 20")
    time: 18:07

SKILL/STRENGTH:
    3 x Max KB Swing (24kg)
    14-14-17

Can't go to my class tomorrow since I'm taking my Mom for her cataract surgery.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    7/26/11
    Warm up: 500m run, 20 ring pull ups, 20 ball slams with 25# ball, 20 squats
    WOD #1: Baseline Fit Test- 500m row, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 pushups, 10 pullups for time. My first day at CrossFit I was 8:59, today was 5:37!!!!
    WOD #2: (for time) 5 rounds of suicide runs (3 different lengths of sprints, touching ground). In between was 20 reps of dumbbell ground-to-overhead with 17.5# weights (heaviest weight of all the women, next was 12.5#) Took me 8:52.
  • kdiamond
    Options

3 rounds of

500m row
    30 pushups
    monkey bars (14 across)
    40 squats
    monkey bars
    50 situps
    monkey bars

That does sound fun!!! We don't have monkey bars at our gym. Do you just swing across them like we did as kids?

At first I was stopping at each one (with both hands) then I got cocky and started swinging...which was fun until my hands got all torn up from the swinging! I have to say it was really fun though.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    7/26/2011 WOD:

800m run

then

5-5-3-3-1-1
    Clean and jerks 65-70-85-100-110-115lbs

then

800m run
  • nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey! Is anyone going to California for the CrossFit Games this weekend?? I'll be there to support a trainer competing in the Individual Men's division and an Affiliate Cup Team from our gym.

Since all of you are into CrossFit, you may be interested in keeping up with the events and status of everything. If so, check out http://games.crossfit.com/

This year you can also view Live Premier Coverage at espn3.com
    Friday: 6-9pm, pacific
    Saturday: 6-9pm, pacific
    Sunday: 1-4pm, pacific

So exciting that CrossFit is getting more recognition this year :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in Cali watching it all live. What do you all think of the added swim test this year? WOW - bet that threw a lot of the athletes for a loop! Does anyone know if it counted toward standings? I heard a 3 day pass is only 50$!!

Our affiliate is hosting a CF Games party/viewing. I may drop in if I have time.

Corrine - our WOD was very similar yesterday
    1 mile run
    5x5 deadlift
    1 mile run

I didn't participate yesterday because I was at the hospital for my mom's surgery (she's fine)... but I did drop in later because we got our new Lululemon tanks.

Speaking of cute CF attire - have you seen this site? http://store.lovefitnation.com/
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Speaking of cute CF attire - have you seen this site? http://store.lovefitnation.com/

I've been searching for cute CF gear!!! I'll check them out.
  • kerriBB37
    Options

I've been searching for cute CF gear!!! I'll check them out.

MORE cute stuff!: http://shopcrossfitreebok.com/
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    7.27.11 WOD

5 rounds for time:

4 front squats (85#) over Rx
    18 knees-to-chest
    36 double unders

17:03, second fastest of all men and women. Holla! I was able to do 26 double unders in a row then 10.. That is how I pulled away LOL. I LOVE skipping rope! =)
  • mnext7e
    mnext7e Posts: 6
    Options
    Wishing I was in Cali for the Crossfit games. In the mean time I will be WODing

Three rounds, 12-9- and 6 reps, for time of 16mintues
    135 pound Squat clean and jerk
    Muscle-up

Don't miss the games tomorrow everyone!

6440506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mnext7e
    mnext7e Posts: 6
    Options
  • kdiamond
    Options

Our affiliate gets them made and sells them inhouse...my favorite one is "I love burpees" - LOL!!!
  • nutmeg0686
    nutmeg0686 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in Cali watching it all live. What do you all think of the added swim test this year? WOW - bet that threw a lot of the athletes for a loop! Does anyone know if it counted toward standings? I heard a 3 day pass is only 50$!!

I don't think the swim test counted toward the standings but it was a precursor for the first men's and women's individual WOD Friday morning that includes an ocean swim and basically a Murph type workout on the beach. That'll be a fun one to watch I'm sure! And yup, my 3-day pass cost $50. Have fun at your viewing party :)