Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Many people thing that binging and purging means eating and then throwing up. There is also such a thing as exercise purging.

This was mentioned upthread (pg 4). It's called exercise bulimia.

I read page 4 days ago, my memory isn't that good :tongue:

Usually a sign the thread has been entertainment-worthy! :smile:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am truly interested to see if anyone is capable of sustaining a healthy body with junk food in high quantities.

well, it's not complicated. you do this thing called math where you multiply the calories per cookie by the number cookies you dream of eating . . . and then do the calorie math to find out if you're burning enough for them to come out even.

sorrynotsorry if i sound sarcastic. i don't understand why the question's a question, when the information to find the answer seems reasonably easy to get for yourself.

ETA: and i guess i resist giving the answer you seem to want to hear, because there's more to food than just calories. you could live on cookies and then die of malnutrition eventually.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I am truly interested to see if anyone is capable of sustaining a healthy body with junk food in high quantities.

well, it's not complicated. you do this thing called math where you multiply the calories per cookie by the number cookies you dream of eating . . . and then do the calorie math to find out if you're burning enough for them to come out even.

sorrynotsorry if i sound sarcastic. i don't understand why the question's a question, when the information to find the answer seems reasonably easy to get for yourself.

ETA: and i guess i resist giving the answer you seem to want to hear, because there's more to food than just calories. you could live on cookies and then die of malnutrition eventually.

Except health =/= weight or looking a certain way (and you know that from your edit!)
    I don't think anyone disputes that nutrition is important for health.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Except health =/= weight or looking a certain way (and you know that from your edit!) I don't think anyone disputes that nutrition is important for health.

prolly not, but the op's question was pretty much blanking that factor, so #sarcasm.

• sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Tell us this when your heart gives out at age 40
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    This seems like a troll to me. No way was that a real post. I have really enjoyed some of the responses though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I have been diagnosed by one Dr with BED, but I've known I had disordered eating for a very long time. Some pts to consider: You work out, you eat, you probably have a deficit to even out the 200 cookie week that you have here and there. With my self, I was 105 lbs for a long time, but also disordered behaviours (drinking, smoking, hardly eating). Quit those, it moved to food. I'm over 100 lbs over weight from uncontrolled eating binging.

I'm 9 days in control of my eating. 9 effing days and I'm soooo proud of it. I had 4 months straight in 2015 after my Dad died but I "fell off the wagon" without therapy. I think about food, eating, consuming, impulse control, weight all day, all night, constantly. I hate myself for binging. I hoard food, I hide it, I get super nasty crazy angry if I think someone is going to eat my "stash" of food. It is not a joke. I cannot control it, I feel helpless, I have depression due to it and shame, embarrassment, and the feeling like I need my high (I eat till I'm sick, every day). BED is all consuming. Life is about it. It's not random on Sundays (lol) or for me, once a week. Even if I'm not in a big binge, I'm in compulsive eating and hoarding food to eat by my self. It's disgusting and awful and hard to get out of.

The point is that I think perhaps you have a tendency to binge but don't describe the extremes (or perhaps I'm wrong) of binge eating disorder.

I think that the comment regarding it being okay until you (if you did) gain a lot of weight then you would change it then. Just want to issue a warning that it might be harder to get under control then.

Exactly!

Definitely be proud of 9 days!
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    It was only a week and even if you took those few days off from exercising, already being in excellent shape means your body is still burning more when it is at rest.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk? B/C that's the way you roll, babe!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I generally support the concept of "eat whatever you want and lose weight/be fit/be health/enjoy life" so I wanted to like this post from the title, but it seems more of an excuse for a humble brag and to post pics than anything else.

If your question was serious OP - you didn't consume enough total calories in that period of time to have a noticeable impact on your physique.

I guess the other question is - why the excess? 200 cookies, was that serious? Do you have BED?

What's BED?

Binge Eating Disorder

Yes. I do binge eat every single day, mostly right before bed. But usually not on cookies... unless it's Sunday.

How many calories per day would you say you binge ate? Although you are eating junk and cookies, you probably are staying within your TDee. I eat alot of sugary carbs everyday too, all in one sitting. Cakes, cookies, chocolate, but because I consume under 1700 cal total for the day, I stay at maintenance or even lose depending on my excersise level. So it doesn't matter what your eating, it's the calories.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, and my metabolism has not slowed me down one bit either!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Very strong "Look at me" post.

Indeed...

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    I'm 40, and my metabolism has not slowed me down one bit either!

Been there. Wait a few more years and get back to us at 45. It will.