New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @leanitup123 lol I was just going to say wow those look good until you posted that and I read the review lol.

Anyone try these sauces?
    Simple-Girl-Deluxe-Gourmet-Set-Sweet-N-Spicy__21315.1461763683.380.380.jpg?c=2

Flavors

Sweet Vinaigrette Dressing & Marinade
    Sweet Mustard Dressing & Marinade
    Citrus Ginger Dressing & Marinade
    Sugar Free Carolina Style BBQ Sauce
    Low Sugar Sweet N' Spicy BBQ Sauce
    Hot Sauce
    Sweet & Hot Louisiana Seasoning
    BBQ Seasoning
    Balsamic

http://www.simplegirl.com/

All have 5-10 calorie per serving. Saw at store other day, was wondering if any good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2017
    Options
    fa2e0d96b297b9f5c4fd5fd6f588a64a.jpg
    Tried these and they were just okay on their own. Tasted like a blueberry muffin you forgot to add sugar to lol. I had to dip in sugar fre maple syrup and then they were awesome! Tasted like super toasted blueberry waffle and syrup lol. Probably wouldn't buy again because they weren't phonemonal and I'd much rather have a waffle and syrup lol. Alone without syrup they were like a salty muffin without sugar that went stale lol.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    @crazyravr:
    Please refrain from posting anything halo top or enlightened or now this breyers new delights until we get them in Canada lol

Oh...you mean when pigs fly?

If Canada doesn't have any of these amazing ice cream pints then there's obviously a huge need that needs to be filled and I don't know why you guys don't try to fill that gaping hole by creating your own, you could become billionaires ;)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    @crazyravr:
    Please refrain from posting anything halo top or enlightened or now this breyers new delights until we get them in Canada lol

If Canada doesn't have any of these amazing ice cream pints then there's obviously a huge need that needs to be filled and I don't know why you guys don't try to fill that gaping hole by creating your own, you could become billionaires ;)

Time to take to the streets and ask that PM of yours for some low-calorie open-market capitalism...
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr:

Time to take to the streets and ask that PM of yours for some low-calorie open-market capitalism...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    gij2m4og1j7b.png

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and found that adding it to my morning green smoothie does a fine job.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    This is a completely new thing to me. Pick it up at local Whole Foods after seeing that its "creme cheese" and looking at the nutrition table. Where has this been all my life!!!!!! Now I will be making this at home. I wonder how this will work with my protein cheesecake recipe. Gotta give it a go.

3D_CUISI_375g_Quark_en_hires.jpg

fromage_frais_quark_85_3036.jpeg

The only quark I've tried is Eli and I found it disgusting. What I really miss here is fromage blanc!
  • hgycta
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The cookies & cream Breyer's definitely tasted closer to real ice cream than Halo Top/Enlightened, but the vanilla flavor tastes identical to Halo Top. I had to microwave my pint for about 15-20 seconds since it was rock solid. The erythritol flavor is much more upfront, so if you prefer more subtle and authentic ice cream substitutes definitely try the cookies & cream before vanilla. Personally I love how it's sweeter and I love the flavor of erythritol, but I know it bothers a lot of people and causes digestive issues in some individuals.
    cmdmqp75dq5l.jpg
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Breyer's > Halo Top? @hgycta
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My apologies if these have been shown before. They're similar to the ONE bars in terms of their coating. The Blueberry Waffle Cone and Peanut Butter Cookie are amazing in terms of texture and taste!! I haven't tried the Salted Caramel yet and the Cookies n Creme and Birthday Cake are fine.

mhpryikcipls.jpg

• hgycta
    Options
    Breyer's > Halo Top? @hgycta

Halo Top. The vanilla Breyer's was a bit too heavy on erythritol whereas Halo Top has a more balanced flavor and sweetness. The cookies & cream Breyer's was closer to actual ice cream, but it reminded me of their lower quality "frozen dairy dessert" type ice cream and I like how Halo Top's cookies & cream was sweeter and had more of a cream aspect, whereas the Breyer's has more cookie chunks and no cream. It's a close call, and really I think I'll just buy whatever is on sale, but I'm still loyal to Halo Top since they have more flavors and have been around longer. Honestly I wasn't expecting these pints to be just as much as Halo Top's pints, and even though they're both supposed to be the same size I swear Halo Top's containers are larger (maybe it's all in my head). Maybe once Breyer's expands and releases more unique flavors I'll try them more, but they still have little ways to go in balancing out their flavors.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    $_58.JPG
    Bought this while on vacation today at a health food store. It's delicious! And only 35 calories a cup, before you add creamer/sweetener. $20.00 for 30 servings. I might just have to order some more of this once I get home.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Does GNC carry the Mybar Birthday Cake flavored bar in store? I looked online but that flavor wasn't listed on the website & was wondering if the brick & mortar store carried it?

I have to work late today & I'm debating if I want to go to Giant & get the Breyers Cookies & Cream flavor to eat on my last break.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    My apologies if these have been shown before. They're similar to the ONE bars in terms of their coating. The Blueberry Waffle Cone and Peanut Butter Cookie are amazing in terms of texture and taste!! I haven't tried the Salted Caramel yet and the Cookies n Creme and Birthday Cake are fine.

mhpryikcipls.jpg
    Thanks for review I saw waffle cone in store not too long ago and was wondering if it was worth trying
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

mhpryikcipls.jpg
    Thanks for review I saw waffle cone in store not too long ago and was wondering if it was worth trying

My gym has them on sale for $1.50 and when I went back to get more of the Blueberry Waffle and Peanut Butter they were all gone. They still have some of the rest of the flavors, so that's very telling.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @hgycta thats a great idea! I eat less ice cream when it's in a pint strangely. I think it's because I let myself have the whole thing suddenly I'm not interested in the whole thing. I'll be doing this with blue bunny birthday cake ice cream or edy's slow churn.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I also went to Vitamin Shoppe and snagged up Cold Brew Coffee Protein Orgain Bottles, never seen them before! Anyone have any suggestions on which to try first, or warnings if they're really unappetizing?
    2xn2nw8lurmz.jpg

I tried the iced mocha since it was on sale and I had a $1 off coupon on top of that, making it ~half off. I liked it. It has to be cold, a little gross warm. It was a bit thin compared to, say, a Starbucks mocha frap in the bottle. And a little artificial-y in the sweetness for me because outside of stuff like this and protein shakes I don't consume artificial sweeteners. But it was far from well and truly gross would not consume again/poison 'yuck' face. If they were cheaper, I'd buy again if I returned to daily coffee consumption. Since they probably will never drop in price, I'll have to settle on the protein creamer if I get into coffee drinking with any regularity again.
  • hgycta
    Options

I also went to Vitamin Shoppe and snagged up Cold Brew Coffee Protein Orgain Bottles, never seen them before! Anyone have any suggestions on which to try first, or warnings if they're really unappetizing?
    2xn2nw8lurmz.jpg

I tried the iced mocha since it was on sale and I had a $1 off coupon on top of that, making it ~half off. I liked it. It has to be cold, a little gross warm. It was a bit thin compared to, say, a Starbucks mocha frap in the bottle. And a little artificial-y in the sweetness for me because outside of stuff like this and protein shakes I don't consume artificial sweeteners. But it was far from gross or a poison 'yuck' face. If they were cheaper, I'd buy again if I returned to daily coffee consumption. Since they probably will never drop in price, I'll have to settle on the protein creamer if I get into coffee drinking with any regularity again.

Thanks! I usually drink my bottled coffees room temperature, so that's very helpful to know and I'll be sure to throw them in the fridge before I drink them! I noticed Target has the Dunkin' Donuts Mocha Oreos... has anyone here tried them? I don't want to buy an entire package only to find out that, like the DD Mocha Pop Tarts, the coffee flavoring is way too subtle for me :/