Options
    220 top single high bar

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Ugh. I can't wait to be able to post something on here again someday. I don't know what's wrong with me. Injury sucks.

I'm right there with you. Haven't been to the gym in almost 6 weeks. Bone bruise on my right shoulder and cracked a bone in my left hand :cry:

Boo, I'm sorry. Will you be back soon?

I squatted the other day. 95 and 105 lbs this week :( It's humbling. My ego is bruised. I just want to be back where I was.

I don't know how long exactly I'll be out. At least another 3-4 weeks for my hand. My shoulder could take 4-6 months *yikes*. Right now I can't make a super tight fist with my left hand so anything with grip required is out of the question, and 2 pull-ups in and my shoulder aches. I'll probably start running just to be doing something. I had been playing soccer, but that's done now for a month or so, so I need something.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3ZpLDjgfM

187.5lbx2 squat volume PR. Good Gawd I look sooooooooooo fat in this video lol. I swear it's my tight belt hahaha

You are so little and adorable. Nice job.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tempo competition bench eights sets of triples + slingshot T&G three plates sets as back offs.

Volume squats felt really good despite pulling my other hammy again at baseball the day before and having to catch the rest of the game. At some point I'm going to have to take some games off, but our playoffs will start same time as meet :neutral:.

• PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to the RPS Connecticut State Championship this weekend? I'm going Saturday morning just to weigh in and then competing on Sunday.

I lift with that Fed but skipped that meet so I can train and go to USAPL Regionals in August and hopefully qualify for Raw Nats. I qualified for RPS Women's Worlds in September, however, I may have to skip that meet if I'm lifting in Raw Nats in October. How did the meet go for you? My coach did the meet on Saturday and came in First in his weight class :smiley:

It went well! I went 8/9 for a 1,300 lb total(465/265/570).

Good luck competing in USAPL! I'd love to compete at Raw Nats, but I'm not strong enough yet.

Thank you and congrats on your meet! Well done
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3ZpLDjgfM

187.5lbx2 squat volume PR. Good Gawd I look sooooooooooo fat in this video lol. I swear it's my tight belt hahaha

You are so little and adorable. Nice job.

Awe thank you!
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2dYMRIV_Q&feature=youtu.be

195lbsx2 squat volume PR. Less than 4 weeks out and I'll be on the platform at the most important meet to date. I'll be trying to qualify for Raw Nationals which would be a huge accomplishment for me!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I competed in a USAPL push/pull meet last Saturday and I went 4/6: didn't make any of my last attempts.

Bench Press: 320 lbs PR (by +5lbs)

Deadlift: 530 lbs PR. (By +1 pound) The last deadlift was 540 lbs, I almost had it! Just a few more inches.

d80lqfadbnpp.jpeg

I earned sliver for bench, bronze for deadlift, and bronze for best overall meet total. I took this whole week off to recover because for the last month I have been moving. Ugh. All that extra work killed me.

Also, anyone planning to be at the Crossfit Games? I will be there. (Yeah I know, we're supposed to hate CF - but I didn't get the memo because I enjoy it. So sue me.)

Congrats on the meet performance and PR's!

Also, i'm envious that you're going to the Crossfit games, while i'm not doing a ton of CF anymore they would be a blast to watch.
  • Keladelphia
    Options

Solid lifting day yesterday after a brutal week of training last week :s . We pushed my next meet out to the end of September hoping that running a few heavy cycles might actually allow me to qualify for the American Open this year and its been roughhhhhhhhh. I hit a 5RM back squat at 107kg (235.8 not shown) and still had some left in the tank. I also hit a personal best hang snatch at 68kg (149.9lbs) yesterday as part of a 2x snatch RDL+ hang snatch complex. The first set shown is at 65kg (143.3lbs) and the second set is 68kg. I'm happy with the PR but I really wanted that double!

You are my new obsession :astonished:

Awww you're so sweet :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • PowerliftingMom
    Options
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    6 months into lifting and at 59 kg myself I'm extremely proud to have a 50 kg split jerk.
    My next step is to perfect the technique but my dip under the bar isn't as good as it could be :D:D

That's great progress in 6 months! Looking good!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I competed in a USAPL push/pull meet last Saturday and I went 4/6: didn't make any of my last attempts.

Deadlift: 530 lbs PR. (By +1 pound) The last deadlift was 540 lbs, I almost had it! Just a few more inches.

d80lqfadbnpp.jpeg

I earned sliver for bench, bronze for deadlift, and bronze for best overall meet total. I took this whole week off to recover because for the last month I have been moving. Ugh. All that extra work killed me.

Also, anyone planning to be at the Crossfit Games? I will be there. (Yeah I know, we're supposed to hate CF - but I didn't get the memo because I enjoy it. So sue me.)

Also, i'm envious that you're going to the Crossfit games, while i'm not doing a ton of CF anymore they would be a blast to watch.
    Thank you Kelly Ann. Hey can I DM you? I kinda have a question about that.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

d80lqfadbnpp.jpeg

Congratulations. That's an amazing acomplisment.

No :( I have a lot of friends going to the games but I can't make it. Based in Europe. I would love to go and support my coaches and box owner wile they compete but I'll just be glued to screen wile cheering on them.
    Thank you @Gloriam_Sanguinis

Is it a team? Individuals? Both?
  • Keladelphia
    Options

d80lqfadbnpp.jpeg

Thank you Kelly Ann. Hey can I DM you? I kinda have a question about that.

Me? Sure of course.