The things you remember doing when you were young?

Options

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I remember locking hands with my dad and then we would both put all our weight into trying to push the other backward (I'm sure he went easy on me).

I remember slapping my brother so hard I would leave red handprints on him. I've been known to cry to this day because I feel so much regret over that, and he probably doesn't even care.

He probably doesn't even remember.

Did he deserve it? When ever my sister hit my brother my first quest is what did he do? He normal deserved it.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I remember the first movie my parents ever took me to see in the theatre........ET. Then the video didn't come out until about 10 years later. I still love Drew Barrymore :)
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hand dialing a home phone without the area code.
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    Nobody gave a *kitten* about recording and documenting their every waking move.
  • 1Wildthang
    Options
    We recorded with a cassette and jam box.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    a few things I recall...

~ ordering shaved ice in the flavors called margarita, mai-tai & daiquiri because I thought it sounded super sophisticated (I was 8 or 9)
    ~ collecting buttons of my favorite music stars like Wham! and Cyndi Lauper and putting them on my awesome stonewashed jean jacket or my purple stonewashed jean overalls
    ~ getting the Babysitter's Club books the day they were released and reading them in the car on the drive home (nerd child!)
    ~ begging my parents to borrow a credit card and spending 2 hours nonstop dialing Ticketmaster to buy tickets to the first and second Lollapalooza festivals
    ~ picking blackberries and selling them to my grandmother in containers she gave me in the first place
    ~ going to the library after school (pre-internet, of course) to look up articles about my favorite movies and musicians on microfiche
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Doing prank calls, even the police :lol:
  • kaygeebozzz
    kaygeebozzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tie between elaborate, in-house productions of American Girls plays with all the kids on my block and playing kick the can in the yard.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I remember being athletic, agile, able to go all night and never getting tired while not having gray hair and wrinkles on an overall layer of pudge.

Ah...the good ol' days.
  • kaizaku
    edited July 2017
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I set my bedroom on fire because I was cold.

Life sucks when you have no heating :lol:
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Does anyone here remember collecting pogs?

Those disk-shaped decorated round toys? I remember those from my school year 8-9 and other student had tubes to carry their collection. That was in the mid 90's.
  • dahlivaj
    dahlivaj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I remember playing pogs in the school yard. I had a silver looking slammer with a skeleton head. Good old days ♡
  • 1Wildthang
    Options
    I remember everyone carrying spring jam boxes on their shoulders.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    dahlivaj wrote: »
    I remember playing pogs in the school yard. I had a silver looking slammer with a skeleton head. Good old days ♡

I remember playing pogs. Everytime we use to challenge each other for their pogs. The cheaters use to put it on a uneven concrete. So when you hit the pogs on the side, it will turn over easily.

I remember also, pogs use to be in walkers crisp. So I tried to squash the crisp trying to find any pogs :lol:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    Does anyone here remember collecting pogs?

Those disk-shaped decorated round toys? I remember those from my school year 8-9 and other student had tubes to carry their collection. That was in the mid 90's.

I use to love pogs, my friend still has his collection.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I remember being athletic, agile, able to go all night and never getting tired while not having gray hair and wrinkles on an overall layer of pudge.

Ah...the good ol' days.

Im still athletic, agile. It's all in my head :lol:
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I lived near a water treatment plant and we (literally all the kids in the neighborhood) used to sneak in and walk around in one of the ponds. It was covered in a thick white foam.

I also played a LOT of Snood.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    9h7at0hliu91.gif
  • erica_today
    erica_today Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use to make mazes out of my jenga set(but it was the plastic uno brand) and I'd catch stink bugs and put them in it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    9h7at0hliu91.gif

I looooove orange soda :lol: