c25k - newbie runners

Options

Replies

• cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    W4D1 complete. I won't say it was a piece of cake, but I managed to complete it without stopping. The music helped alot
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 due today, but it is so dang hot. Almost 11:30, still 82 degrees and it says it feels like 90.

I'll hit it in the morning.
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    W5D2 done!
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    W4D2. Done. Easier...but still hard nonetheless
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it gets easier. Amazing, huh?
    I'm about to go on a 25 minute run. I'm procrastinating. It's the mental thing. 25 mins? Can I do that? Well, I did 20, so I'd say yes. But I still have to build myself up to it...
  • junodog1
    Options
    Did W4 D2 yesterday morning. Hoping it will rain and cool off so I can do D3 tonight. If not it will be tomorrow morning.

So far so good.
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 (again) of the C210K programme - the C25K programme delivers you to week 9 so I haven't really done any of it so far. First run in a while where my shoe didn't rub, although i can feel it.
    The good new is that I've just discovered I get 15% off at runners need, so maybe I'll pop down there for a proper fitting.

The bad news is that my car is broken and so I had to cycle to work after the run. It was hard to see where I was going through the tears.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    It's only 8km, I'm thinking of running in to work tomorrow!
  • junodog1
    Options
    Weather here when I am off work has been either HOT and humid, or it's been raining.
    After having a little exhaustion problem last Thursday I could not push the envelope. I did not get W4 D3 done until Sunday morning, when my week ended on Saturday. Now my schedule is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for week 5, which gives me zero flexibility. I may try W5 D1 tonight, Monday, as I hear we have Tropical Storm Emily heading across the great state of Florida and that may impact my schedule somewhat.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    I did not get W4 D3 done until Sunday morning
    I may try W5 D1 tonight, Monday

Respect the rest days! Your weeks don't have to line up with calendar weeks. Just make sure you have 1-2 rest days between every run day.
  • bellyfattoflat
    bellyfattoflat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    W4D2 this morning....while challenging it wasn't excruciating. I am trying to not think of the days ahead but just completing my goal for the day.
  • Steve25k
    edited August 2017
    Options
    W4D2 this morning....while challenging it wasn't excruciating. I am trying to not think of the days ahead but just completing my goal for the day.

Well done! It can be off putting if you look too far ahead and see the 20+ minute of running, but by the time you get there the programme will have prepared you for it so your body will be able to do it (if you can just keep your mind from talking you out of it)
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Steve25k wrote: »
    It's only 8km, I'm thinking of running in to work tomorrow!

Yeah so I didn't run in today, I cycled instead. When I told my 11 year old I was going to run to work he said "5 miles! that's too far, and anyway you run like this..." then he kind of flopped from foot to foot waggling his arms about and pulling a silly face. It kind of put me off - to be honest it was pretty accurate.