40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids,

Did my Sunday long run this morning instead. Looking forward to Friday night group swim at the lake tonight. Tomorrow's fun is a long bike, then a short run.

Sunday will be a full day field trip on bikes to Shelter Island, NY. This will be a fairly large group social ride, not a training session. We even built in time for "selfie stops" and a happy hour rest stop at Sunset Beach. The hard core cyclists in the group agreed to the beach stop when advised that there is a clothing optional section of the beach within sight of the patio bar. :)

Then its back to training next week, since the Lake Placid hills are only 6 weeks away.

• Sunsetstew
    Sunsetstew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there !
    Trying to join this Group. I'm 52 and new to MFP.
    I started 2 weeks ago from the advice of Tammi from Organize Yourself Skinny blog. She loves this app and I do too!
    What a great community! I want to lose 20 pounds and then see how I feel . I haven't lost any weight this 2 weeks but my pants are looser ! ;)
    Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all and getting motivated!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Had a great workout this morning, front squats and rowing. My goal is to workout 5x/ in August.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So, how do you sign up for this group? And, how in the heck do you bookmark?
  • Tammyjo06
    Tammyjo06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll post my goals later. Looks like a great group!
  • Tammyjo06
    Options
    So, how do you sign up for this group? And, how in the heck do you bookmark?

You bookmark by clicking on the star up in the right hand corner between the bell and the astro.
  • dcwick89
    dcwick89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 45 and started using MFP 3 weeks ago. My goal is to lose 80 pounds, the first two weeks I lost 8 pounds. This week I am holding steady at 272, guess my body didn't want to let go of any more weight this week. Looking forward to posting my progress each Friday, I think it will keep me on track. SLOW and STEADY wins the race!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!

Shaun Week: Insane Focus Ripsanity! Holy Compound Moves Batman! That was awesome!

Chest congestion is still hanging around so I decided to walk instead of run today. I wasn't coughing after Ripsanity, so maybe things are on the mend. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Tammyjo06
    Options
    Okay. Here's my stats and goals
    age - 48
    Female
    Goal - to lose 160 pounds
    Diet - low calorie, keto diet under doctor's supervision (no sugar, little caffeine, etc...)
    Exercise - minimum of half hour moderate walking per day, moderate toning reps per day
    **First week on the program, I've made nice progress. I'm pleased with myself, but also realize that I have some very bad habits that need to go from my life. Food is my fuel, not my life.
    Glad to have community to support me in my journey:)
  • FrugalDomesticGoddess
    Options
    Hiya! Forgive me for not reading all 472 pages *lol* so, this is my unofficial intro.
    I'm only as old as I look, and sticking to that story --- but, I belong here.
    My initial goal is to lose 57 pounds. I'll still be overweight, but I'll come up with new numbers after I reach the first one.
    The diet is a work in progress as it has to become my new WOE because I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes on 6/21. Since then, I have stopped the humalog at meals, started Metformin, and decreased the lantus. Endo thinks I can be off the injections by October. For now, I am trying to do low carb, no additional sugar, blah blah blah.
    Still recovering from major surgery, I haven't been cleared for exercise yet, but I try to at least walk around every day - grocery shopping or around my complex.
    I'm a mom, a partner, a crafter, and granter of my cat's whims.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Ran to the Y and back. Lifted while I was there. Then flopped onto the sofa to watch a Clint Eastwood movie. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Stretch"=Done!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Yay did a 40 minute boxing abs video. Took the past two am days off since I've been running back and forth to the hospital to see my mom. It's been a bit exhausting
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    10km run + 8km walk today! Super warm but was nice by lake :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • idealistic74
    idealistic74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, 5'6 and 184 pounds need to get rid of 30 pounds. I went to the superstore yesterday to check my body mass index and it said 29.57 overweight (I am a smidgen under obese according to their chart) and my body fat which said 39.19% - at risk.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem to have stopped me from doing my favourite hobby - hiking. I went up a mountain on Friday that had me sidestepping and scrambling up an elevation gain of 1,400 meters. It took 14 hours in large part because of the sketchy-ness (extremely steep). On one hand - yay to me for being able to do it with some much extra weight on me; however on the other hand - maybe it would have been a whole lot easier and faster if I was the weight I should be! and... I have been barely able to walk for two days since that hike, so recovery would likely be much faster if I was the weight I should be.

I know why I'm overweight, I have a sedentary job. Been trying to create the habit of exercising first thing in the morning, then stationary bicycle (going hard for 5 mins) every hour or two. And of course, eating healthy and less (I've restricted myself to 1200 calories) ! I'm a week in now. I was 188 lbs a week ago, so I appear to have lost a bit of weight already (though maybe most of it is water?) Haven't done squat exercise wise for three days now since my crazy *kitten* hike!... I think the battle really is to not fall back to old routines (sitting in front of a computer for hours and hours)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Here's my stats and goals
    age - 43
    Male
    Goal - to get to 10%body fat by June 2018
    Diet - I dont follow a specific diet. I'm close to maintenance so calories and macros are 2200cals/day, P = 220g, F = 73g and C = 165g.
    Exercise - m 1 work out 5 days per week. starting with a 15-20 minute cardio session and then 45-60 minutes of lifting.